BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Is this going to be discussed on two threads then?

Nothing in that story makes sense.

Sorry Stuart, thought it might be relevant in both topics. I am just posting an article. Apologies bud. It may make no sense to you, but if the rules are there, and are broken, this is the punishment.

30 minutes ago, Craigman said:

Sorry Stuart, thought it might be relevant in both topics. I am just posting an article. Apologies bud. It may make no sense to you, but if the rules are there, and are broken, this is the punishment.

Rules are rules? It may make no sense “to me”.

Haven't you (and they) noticed there is a global pandemic and a lockdown preventing people attending?

Utter nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Rules are rules? It may make no sense “to me”.

Haven't you (and they) noticed there is a global pandemic and a lockdown preventing people attending?

Utter nonsense.

If the EFL/Champioinship have not agreed any new legislation for this season with regards to the global pandemic, then the rules will not have changed, I believe this is unfair, but these clubs may have gone over with any new agreements with EFL/Championship in place. How are we to know any different. Not utter nonsense in terms of what appears to have happened. I believe they should take note and abolish the FFP entirely. But at the moment they have not. 

If an embargo is true, will be time for some of the promising u23s to finally step up.

Not necessarily a bad thing. Cleanse the club, start again and build a young team to be proud of. No more money-thieves like Corry Evans.

on a side note, the daily mail website is horrendous, just like its  journalism.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, SamTheShrew said:

If an embargo is true, will be time for some of the promising u23s to finally step up.

Not necessarily a bad thing. Cleanse the club, start again and build a young team to be proud of. No more money-thieves like Corry Evans.

on a side note, the daily mail website is horrendous, just like its  journalism.

If we could only play with what we have already got. My squad would be :

Keepers: Tominski, Greek.

Right-back : Nyambe, Pike.

Left-back : Pickering, Downing.

Center-back x 2 : Wharton, Lenihan, Ayala, Carter, Magloire.

Right-wing : JRC, Dolan.

Left-wing : Armstrong, Chapman

Center-midfield x 2 : Travis, Buckley, Davenport, Johnson, Rothwell.

Forwards x 2 : Gallagher, Brereton, McBride, Dack.   

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Is this going to be discussed on two threads then?

Nothing in that story makes sense.

Coventry have just confirmed on their website that they have been placed under a transfer embargo.  It appears that Coventry took up the Government's offer of file company accounts late during the pandemic.  However, as the EFL rules don't permit it they have been placed under a transfer embargo.  Another example of the EFL not being fit for purpose.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Coventry have just confirmed on their website that they have been placed under a transfer embargo.  It appears that Coventry took up the Government's offer of file company accounts late during the pandemic.  However, as the EFL rules don't permit it they have been placed under a transfer embargo.  Another example of the EFL not being fit for purpose.

Once they submit their company accounts (like everyone else,)the embargo will be lifted. Bit of a non story to be honest. 

All 10 clubs have until the end of May to submit their company accounts.

• Like 2

surmising: registration embargoes can be made because of late filing of accounts beyond March 1 & Rovers haven’t yet (see section 16 of EFL rules) Govt granted 3 month extension, but Cov’s statement suggests EFL haven’t amended their rules accordingly.

EFL Official Website - Section 4 - Clubs

19 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11710/12267237/coventry-city-placed-under-transfer-embargo-for-filing-club-accounts-late

As you rightly say Parson the EFL once again has shown itself up.

• Like 2

Ah sleep walking into embargo like last time despite multiple warnings.

All very convenient before big player sales start, some cheapo dumb ass manager from HSH = relegation.  Sell half training ground to balance books.

Start again.

Very very slippery slope here but these lot got away with it last time so probably think they can again.  Anybody think they borrow in India about 30 million or so every 3 years hoping for promotion then have to take panic action to pay it back ?

Edited by tomphil

How did Gillingham become the only EFL club not to pay agents a penny?

League One club’s owner, Paul Scally, says weak people are funnelling vast sums to agents who not needed in football

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2021/apr/06/how-did-gillingham-become-the-only-efl-club-not-to-pay-agents-a-penny-football

• Like 5

https://roversanalytics.co.uk/blog/should-i-stay-or-should-i-go-verdict-on-out-of-contract-rovers-players

An article on our out of contract players. Has to be a proper cleanse.

One thing I am sure of is that under no circumstances should Bell get yet another extension. He has been clinging on for far too long and is symbolic in that despite constant ineptitude, he constantly remains in spite of that. Not good enough, even as back up. Get another left back to compete with Pickering.

Johnson should not under any circumstances be given a new deal either, his legs have packed in, he will likely be on a decent contract, he constantly gives the ball away and he has joined many others in having a penchant for sitting on the injury table. I think even Evans has more use yet he certainly shouldnt be offered a new deal either, im not sure he will go with much "respect and admiration," that is for sure!

The right back situation is a shame, no idea where the name Stoke has come from but Nyambe will sadly move on and be replaced by a far inferior replacement in Rankin Costello (should he himself stay) who cannot stay fit at all. Rothwell is a weird one, wouldnt be arsed if he left, hes not performed bar occasional flashes in his time here, so the description of him as a "player with a unique skillset, highly thought of amongst the recruitment teams of clubs up and down the country, and one of Tony Mowbray's success stories" is for me a misguided opinion. Maybe prudent to keep him around, but as I said, not arsed.

Would agree that Bennett, Downing and Holtby should also all go, and Chapman is a weird one, I think based on his impact in League 1 having never had a chance at our level, he is more ready made as an option than Dolan or Brereton at this stage so by all means give him a chance, but we need plenty of attacking signings.

Also wonder what will happen to the loanees. Elliott has been a fairly decent success but we dont need to feel honoured to have had him and thoughts of England caps and various awards seem premature. He isnt good enough to be in the Liverpool squad or in the Premier League so maybe he will join a more suitable Championship side on loan next season. Harwood Bellis again is probably needing of another Championship loan, wouldnt necessarily be against him returning, Trybull isnt very good and shouldnt be considered, and Douglas has underwhelmed too. Branthwaite isnt a Championship player.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://roversanalytics.co.uk/blog/should-i-stay-or-should-i-go-verdict-on-out-of-contract-rovers-players

One thing I am sure of is that under no circumstances should Bell get yet another extension. He has been clinging on for far too long and is symbolic in that despite constant ineptitude, he constantly remains in spite of that. Not good enough, even as back up. Get another left back to compete with Pickering.

Johnson should not under any circumstances be given a new deal either, his legs have packed in, he will likely be on a decent contract, he constantly gives the ball away and he has joined many others in having a penchant for sitting on the injury table. I think even Evans has more use yet he certainly shouldnt be offered a new deal either, im not sure he will go with much "respect and admiration," that is for sure!

The right back situation is a shame, no idea where the name Stoke has come from but Nyambe will sadly move on and be replaced by a far inferior replacement in Rankin Costello (should he himself stay) who cannot stay fit at all. Rothwell is a weird one, wouldnt be arsed if he left, hes not performed bar occasional flashes in his time here, so the description of him as a "player with a unique skillset, highly thought of amongst the recruitment teams of clubs up and down the country, and one of Tony Mowbray's success stories" is for me a misguided opinion. Maybe prudent to keep him around, but as I said, not arsed.

Would agree that Bennett, Downing and Holtby should also all go, and Chapman is a weird one, I think based on his impact in League 1 having never had a chance at our level, he is more ready made as an option than Dolan or Brereton at this stage so by all means give him a chance, but we need plenty of attacking signings.

Also wonder what will happen to the loanees. Elliott has been a fairly decent success but we dont need to feel honoured to have had him and thoughts of England caps and various awards seem premature. He isnt good enough to be in the Liverpool squad or in the Premier League so maybe he will join a more suitable Championship side on loan next season. Harwood Bellis again is probably needing of another Championship loan, wouldnt necessarily be against him returning, Trybull isnt very good and shouldnt be considered, and Douglas has underwhelmed too. Branthwaite isnt a Championship player.

I'm coming around to the thought that they should all go. However there will, at best, be a gap between Mowbray being sacked and a new manager being appointed. So no doubt the recruitment will be slow and the usual last minute stuff. Not good. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How anyone could advocate a new contract for Bell is beyond me. Or Johnson for that matter the bloke has looked unfit and uninterested (bar a few games) ever since he turned up.

The only 3 who even warrant consideration for new deals are Nyambe, Rothwell and JRC. Even then though the only one I'd be really sorry to see go is Nyambe.

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

These arent my opinions per se, more what I think will happen. I know for fact that Amari'i Bell has sadly been offered a new deal. Rovers plan on Nyambe is to let him go on a free as they'll get a better deal at the EPPP Tribunal than they would if they extended by 12-months and sold for a fee. Stoke is his preferred destination.

Edited by JoeH

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

How anyone could advocate a new contract for Bell is beyond me. Or Johnson for that matter the bloke has looked unfit and uninterested (bar a few games) ever since he turned up.

The only 3 who even warrant consideration for new deals are Nyambe, Rothwell and JRC. Even then though the only one I'd be really sorry to see go is Nyambe.

Exactly, its just the constant lack of ruthlessness that continues to hinder our club. Easy to forget that when we had players like an aging Craig Conway, a disinterested Jack Rodwell, an incompetent Jayson Leutwiler and a permanently injured Ben Gladwin all out of contract at the end of our first season back in the league, we offered every single one of them 4 a new deal! Hopefully like with the first 2, Bell doesnt see his future here.

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

These arent my opinions per se, more what I think will happen. I know for fact that Amari'i Bell has sadly been offered a new deal. Rovers plan on Nyambe is to let him go on a free as they'll get a better deal at the EPPP Tribunal than they would if they extended by 12-months and sold for a fee. Stoke is his preferred destination.

How do you know that Bell is signing a new deal? He is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with us at the moment, seeing someone repeatedly fall well short of a competent standard yet repeatedly given a new deal presumably out of a lack of imagination, laziness and a quite frankly illogical fear that we could do worse. Hes absolutely appalling. Plus why does he never play when we plan to keep him?

If Nyambe actively wants to go to Stoke, a mid table Championship side, and we are ok with that whilst we try to keep a winger made out of class at the club to try and convert him into a full back instead, again, says a lot about the club.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If Nyambe actively wants to go to Stoke, a mid table Championship side, and we are ok with that whilst we try to keep a winger made out of class at the club to try and convert him into a full back instead, again, says a lot about the club.

Nyambe wants out, and I don't think anyone would blame him. Rovers see more value in a Josh King esque tribunal situation than extending for 12-months and trying to get value for him on the market from a fairly weak position. Of the teams who want him, Stoke is the preferred location - perhaps they'll offer a better wage/guaranteed starting spot?

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How do you know that Bell is signing a new deal?

A deal has been tabled to him. Not a clue on the terms. Hopefully a one year. Who knows though, maybe he'll reject it in seeking some football at a lower level where he'll play?

Edited by JoeH

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

A deal has been tabled to him. Not a clue on the terms. Hopefully a one year. Who knows thought, maybe he'll reject it in seeking some football at a lower level where he'll play?

I really hope this is guess work like the Mowbray was being potted at 3pm story yesterday! why on earth would we offer Bell a new contract!?

• Like 1

Just now, Gordon Gekko said:

I really hope this is guess work like the Mowbray was being potted at 3pm story yesterday! why on earth would we offer Bell a new contract!?

Not guess work, heard it from someone in recruitment at another Champ club. Not saying anyone has to trust it as fact, just what I've been told. Don't agree with it, I think we'd be better off promoting a youth player to play 2nd fiddle, or finding a free/loan player.

10 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Not guess work, heard it from someone in recruitment at another Champ club. Not saying anyone has to trust it as fact, just what I've been told. Don't agree with it, I think we'd be better off promoting a youth player to play 2nd fiddle, or finding a free/loan player.

Had a feeling he might have got another offer from us. 

We've got that other lad joining and I suspect Bell doesn't rock the boat too much here, so won't kick off much about being back up.

Or the new lad can come in and learn how to play the position from Bell 🙈

14 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Nyambe wants out, and I don't think anyone would blame him. Rovers see more value in a Josh King esque tribunal situation than extending for 12-months and trying to get value for him on the market from a fairly weak position. Of the teams who want him, Stoke is the preferred location - perhaps they'll offer a better wage/guaranteed starting spot?

No I dont blame him in that he has been treat poorly, and I also wouldnt be surprised if he went somewhere like Stoke in that I dont think he is one of the best full backs in the league, mid table Championship is his level which shows how poor it is that we cannot keep him. Where has that he wants to go to Stoke come from?

I dont feel comfortable with us replacing him with Rankin Costello either, assuming he signs a new deal. Hes not a particularly comfortable full back and he spends most of his time injured to the point where I do wonder if a new deal for him benefits us. No mention of an automatic extension in the news article announcing his last contract either, but I cant see anyone being seriously interested should he try to play the field.

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

A deal has been tabled to him. Not a clue on the terms. Hopefully a one year. Who knows though, maybe he'll reject it in seeking some football at a lower level where he'll play?

Would another teams recruitment team know that he has been offered one? There isnt seemingly a youth left back ready and waiting, but finding a free agent left back who is better than Bell is not difficult. I dont recall seeing as poor a left back at this level in the last 3 years, he is dog shit.