BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Good post. I suppose the caveat is other ,better managers , got wise to our approach and our manager couldn't fix that. He's a stubborn old mule 

Yep, it's needing a plan B & C if it's not working, and don't be scared of changing things early if it's not right. It was often just put 5 attackers on for the last ten mins with no shape or formation at all.

Southgate's approach in the Euros final was scarily like Mowbray, boring and conservative from the start, but he had the option to leave it even later to 'have a right good go' in second half of extra time 🙄

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Russ said:

Yep, it's needing a plan B & C if it's not working, and don't be scared of changing things early if it's not right. It was often just put 5 attackers on for the last ten mins with no shape or formation at all.

Southgate's approach in the Euros final was scarily like Mowbray, boring and conservative from the start, but he had the option to leave it even later to 'have a right good go' in second half of extra time 🙄

I still don't understand why these managers don't just put out their best side first. Get into a winning position, then use subs to give players a rest, or to cover injuries.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see rumours linking us with Stefan Johansen and Patrick Roberts over the coming weeks.

Fits the left-footed right winger role and was also signed by John Park in the past. Both are seemingly fairly available and the links are easy to make.

I'd be happy with both.

I could see that as a win-win-win all round. One Ex-Celtic/Boro oan signing I could get behind.

City (must) know he is never going to make their grade and he has flattered to decieve at Boro, Derby etc.

After seeing how well we've done with Tosin, THB and Elliott (I know he's not theirs...), City might see Rovers as the team to up his value over the rest of 2021.

By this point his wage % will be fractional as I can't see many teams paying up. 

So if he flops, we aren't out of pocket, or he does well (in a position we're short) and we (stay up!). After that who knows what could happen down the road as his contract is up in 12 months and MAYBE we can agree a low fee (Like with Adam Armstrong).

Won't happen 🤣

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Kaminski is good.

Kaminski is class keeper and Eastham coming through is another good top prospect 

Defence- We need cover for both full back roles and hope that Wharton and Ayala stay fit. 

don't know right back cover as we have Dan Pike who is more than capable of playing the back up right back role. 

Midfield- So worrying. So weak and feeble in this position. We will get destroyed. I hope they have some ideas about strengthening that area up. Mostly its inconsistent players, players who have never done it and injury concerns. 

why worrying? 

Attack- Hard to see where the goals come from when AA leaves. Brereton and Gallagher need to have the season of their careers to even get anywhere near 28 goals together. 

Armstrong has never scored 28 goals either in his career before last season tho his best form and scoring does come under Mowbray. 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It seems that people are split in their attitude on Mowbray at this moment in time. Half want to bury their head in the sands, call a fresh start from the start of the season and put people down for "not getting behind the team, COYB!" I sort of get it and maybe wish that I had such willingness to do the same,

Tactics and formations, again we rely on Mowbray-ball and his wide striker and false 9 rubbish. 

Some people are just going to delighted at watching live in stadium football again after the last 16 months of this pandemic. 

are you going to negative chanting about Mowbray in the first game of the season then? 

Yes the false 9 experiment has to stop but Armstrong still played enough as number 9 striker to score 28 goals? 

5 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

No names have been mentioned yet. At a guess, I think it's more likely to be Tchaptchet and Will Smallbone. Two youngsters. I would prefer Valery and Obafemi but I'm not sure how realistic that is right now.

ok thanks for the reply

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see rumours linking us with Stefan Johansen and Patrick Roberts over the coming weeks. One is someone we've been supposedly interested in for a while and a former John Park signing, and the other fits the left-footed right winger role and was also signed by John Park in the past. Both are seemingly fairly available and the links are easy to make.

I'd be happy with both.

I would be happy with Patrick Roberts. He has talent and something he needs is regular first team football.  

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So let's go simple so in an ideal world. Where would this team finish? Playing a direct style , not long ball, but passing forward, quickly. Better than 15th I wager 

Kaminski 

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Pickering 

Chapman Travis Rothwell Brereton 

Armstrong Gallagher 

Obviously there are stil issues around squad depth. Huge issues,but as every summer, transfers are coming....eventually 

Why not play on the counter attack and use the pace within the team

Kaminski

Travis Buckley

JRC             Rothwell       Brereton

Armstrong

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Travis Buckley

Armstrong

League 1 here we come.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I never once said that I was jealous of other teams signings, you have for the second time misinterpreted what my point was. That again, partly down to a self inflicted embargo, we are working so slowly on signing new players, we are in a small minority of teams yet to anyone. And that wasn't/isn't a tactical ploy whilst waiting for players, it was due to the aforementioned unnecessary embargo preventing us.

In regards to a supposed "agenda" about being negative, again, what is there to be optimistic about? Disinterested owners, incompetent manager, transfer embargo for some of the summer, no signings 3 weeks prior to the season, the loss of key players in potentially Armstrong as well as Elliott and Harwood-Bellis, is it really an agenda to be feeling a little less than positive?

Patrick Roberts hasnt even been linked to us, so being unsure on him coming in (as a replacement for Elliott so a downgrade) is not even me being pessimistic about Rovers. He has had a few really ineffective loans, he is talented but not much at the end of it.

You are obsess with what other teams are in terms of signings and links. whilst saying you wouldn't have signed most of those players signed. 

Elliott and Harwood-Bellis were always going back at the end of last season. 

Why does it matter about players being linked with us. Kaminski, Stergiakis, Elliott, Trybull, Dolan weren't linked to us last season before the signed here. 

We are where we are in the market and we need 4 or 5 signings and make sure we replace Armstrong properly 

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some people are just going to delighted at watching live in stadium football again after the last 16 months of this pandemic. 

are you going to negative chanting about Mowbray in the first game of the season then? 

Yes the false 9 experiment has to stop but Armstrong still played enough as number 9 striker to score 28 goals? 

ok thanks for the reply

I would be happy with Patrick Roberts. He has talent and something he needs is regular first team football.  

Why not play on the counter attack and use the pace within the team

Kaminski

Travis Buckley

Armstrong

I totally get and share your enthusiasm as to going to Rovers games after such a lengthy spell out, I cannot wait either. I fear that is almost certainly not going to be close to a full season of attending games but that is another matter and I cannot wait to return.

That said, those feelings are an irrelevance when constructively critiquing our chances for the upcoming season. I still planned much of my life around Rovers when Kean and Coyle were here, it doesn't mean that I was optimistic in those times either.

Being happy to go back doesn't mean that a constructive person would totally remove the manager from their analysis. Being happy to go back doesn't mean that you need to pretend that you genuinely think that a top 6 finish is a possibility, yet don't give clear reasons why. Being happy doesn't mean that you can't criticise our inability to make signings or indeed avoid an unnecessary embargo, batting off the incompetence as it being a case of "we are where we are." And being happy to go back doesn't mean that we have to assume that it is good to have so many unproven kids all expected to come through together.

Also, your team is built around a striker almost certain to go, and half of the other 10 have a year left, and there are no signings. 

• Like 3

The players have been back for three weeks now and fitness levels should be rising. The real worry is that we haven't brought anybody in to supplement a wafer thin, inexperienced squad and given Mowbrays infamous integration policy will there be any new players in the team for Swansea in three weeks time?

We are in a real mess.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

The players have been back for three weeks now and fitness levels should be rising. The real worry is that we haven't brought anybody in to supplement a wafer thin, inexperienced squad and given Mowbrays infamous integration policy will there be any new players in the team for Swansea in three weeks time?

We are in a real mess.

I don't care as long as we win.

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Never heard of him. 26 years old and has played a handful of games. What's the story with this guy? 

Brilliant prospect, until he ruptured an ACL almost three years ago, hasn't played since.  If Southampton were to offer 19 million plus him, then fair enough take a gamble. If not ,go nowhere near the deal.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

Brilliant prospect, until he ruptured an ACL almost three years ago, hasn't played since.  If Southampton were to offer 19 million plus him, then fair enough take a gamble. If not ,go nowhere near the deal.

Yeah why not. Some of the treatment regulars have move on so there’ll be a table or two over now.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

Sounds like another Gladwin to me but they love a project here.

I'd leave it alone and just say if you want him then pay the money. We don't want any make weights they are just trying to get rid of. It's desperate and lazy unless they are fit and genuinely any good for our level.

We especially don't want these types under this manager !

• Like 1

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I totally get and share your enthusiasm as to going to Rovers games after such a lengthy spell out, I cannot wait either. I fear that is almost certainly not going to be close to a full season of attending games but that is another matter and I cannot wait to return.

That said, those feelings are an irrelevance when constructively critiquing our chances for the upcoming season. I still planned much of my life around Rovers when Kean and Coyle were here, it doesn't mean that I was optimistic in those times either.

Being happy to go back doesn't mean that a constructive person would totally remove the manager from their analysis. Being happy to go back doesn't mean that you need to pretend that you genuinely think that a top 6 finish is a possibility, yet don't give clear reasons why. Being happy doesn't mean that you can't criticise our inability to make signings or indeed avoid an unnecessary embargo, batting off the incompetence as it being a case of "we are where we are." And being happy to go back doesn't mean that we have to assume that it is good to have so many unproven kids all expected to come through together.

Also, your team is built around a striker almost certain to go, and half of the other 10 have a year left, and there are no signings. 

Brilliant post showing there is no real engagement with any of the concerns other than "you need to be more enthusiastic" which is an entirely seperate matter. Playground stuff really. 

Only thing I'd add is it is a certainty that not all of the unproven kids we are relying on as squad fillers will come good. It's never happened before even with some promising academy teams. How many ex Rovers youth are playing Championship level now? Again not masses. To assume they will all be adequate is going against the whole of Rovers history. I'd put that question to him myself but am on ignore! But since it's never happened before, I'm pretty certain it won't happen now, and definitely not all in the space of one season. 

Mind you more worrying than fans' blind optimism is that the club seemingly are ok with this strategy which once again points to their negligence.