BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Presume if you are consistent, that his Burnley links will make it a no from you?

I didn't past comment on Gray but asked what other fans thought? 

I'm not favour for several different reasons like age, wages, doesn't fit the style we want to play. 

If Watford offered us 15 million pounds cash then I would accept it

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not favour for several different reasons like age, wages, doesn't fit the style we want to play. 

Would signing an ex Burnley player still be a 100% no go area?

Agreed on the wages, never in a million years can we afford them so it proves that Nixon has for the second week in a row made up a swap deal story. Next week my prediction is Liverpool will offer Origi and cash for Armstrong.

Dont really get the style of play argument even if we have to fit any signings into Mowbray ball. Gray is quick and likes to run in behind so surely he would fit in? Plus he could no doubt play the wide striker rubbish.

Age is a weird one. We really need some experience but I suppose that at 30 he might start to lose his pace.

We definitely cannot wait for Armstrong to go before we start signing players though.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Agreed on the wages, never in a million years can we afford them so it proves that Nixon has for the second week in a row made up a swap deal story. Next week my prediction is Liverpool will offer Origi and cash for Armstrong.

Dont really get the style of play argument even if we have to fit any signings into Mowbray ball. Gray is quick and likes to run in behind so surely he would fit in? Plus he could no doubt play the wide striker rubbish.

Age is a weird one. We really need some experience but I suppose that at 30 he might start to lose his pace.

We definitely cannot wait for Armstrong to go before we start signing players though.

Nixon just wants clicks on his stories and he knows that there's plenty of gullible Rovers fans out there (Chaddy et al) that hang on his every transfer story involving us.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not in favour for several different reasons like age, wages, doesn't fit the style we want to play. 

It’s not a rumour but I wonder if we would look at Sheyi Ojo. Been left out of the Liverpool trip to Austria and is training with the under 23s. Decent loan spell at Cardiff last season and coming into the last year of his contract (although Liverpool do have an option to extend by 12 months).

We’ve got decent connections with Liverpool so they may fancy it as another loan deal.

• Moderation Lead

There is honestly no point even giving Nixon click bait the time of day.

It’s absolute guesswork from an attention seeking goon who is out of the loop.

Also, Andre Gray, 30 years old and on £70k a week won’t be happening. Not now, not ever.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, JoeH said:

One that hasn't been mentioned is Max Meyer (former Crystal Palace, Schalke 04 & 1. FC Koln). He's now a free agent and whilst it has a ring of Lewis Holtby 2.0, I

Ironically, Meyer got his debut as a kid coming on for the injured Holtby.. 

Looks a good free punt, I expect he will stop in Germany. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Never said former players but former managers so please be careful what you write again. 

Gray is 30 years and his career is on the way down. Sounds like another Leon Best to me. 

As something I explained last week you sign players that fit the formation and style you want to play not the other way around. 

on the age thing, I would be looking at striker between 23 to 27 to be Armstrong's replacement not a 30 years old striker. Yes we need experience but we energy, legs in midfield and pace. 

We will sign players when we sign them

9 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

It is written by Alan Nixon, end of story

only national journalist who covers Rovers or even the EFL anymore

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Absolute peanuts.

Typical Rovers that it would come to this with a player of such value.