BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

The use of these young loans from high end clubs has helped us maintain midtable in recent seasons.

Where would we have been without them ?  That's how lightweight we really are after years of waiting for the defenders that are coming.

• Like 2

I really rate a lot of our younger talents. But Tommy Doyle is a talent who we have to respect. Tosin Adarabioyo came with plaudits, Taylor Harwood-Bellie came with plaudits - so does this guy. There’s enough evidence there to say we need to trust the quality of Man City’s loanee’s.

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

I really rate a lot of our younger talents. But Tommy Doyle is a talent who we have to respect. Tosin Adarabioyo came with plaudits, Taylor Harwood-Bellie came with plaudits - so does this guy. There’s enough evidence there to say we need to trust the quality of Man City’s loanee’s.

What is the evidence for the individual? Just because he is from City doesnt make him directly comparable to the other 2. He may be good, he may be not, at senior level there is no evidence so it is a stab in the dark.

22 minutes ago, JoeH said:

There’s enough evidence there to say we need to trust the quality of Man City’s loanee’s.

2016/17 all over again...this lad will be our Jack Byrne.....you would have been saying the same about him mate...🙄 chips are down and you are promoting kids like this?

. If you know football you will know we need some big strong aggressive players through the door.  Problem is, they won't play the Mogadon game so we are left with this crap.

I'm worried 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is that the extent of your ambition for the Club?

Definitely not mine, but witnessing only 5 promotions in 55 years of support tells me that expecting/demanding promotion is very likely to end in disappointment, especially with owners who don’t know what division we are in anyway. Staying up and hoping that will take us a year closer to an end to this nightmare will do for me.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

only national journalist who covers Rovers or even the EFL anymore

and that is your defence of the red top funster? bit like saying JK Rowling is the only person covering the goings on at Hogwarts, both make a living making up  stories.

Just for clarification Harry Potter is not real :) even if you have seen him on TV

• Like 6

6 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I see Harwood-Bellis has joined Anderlecht. Did we try to keep him? Have to say he was one of the best young defenders I've seen in years at any level

A young talent CB to be coached by Vincent Kompany or Mowbray ..... tough call ......

• Like 9

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is that the extent of your ambition for the Club?

No... it's the state of reality for our club. Nobody within our budget is coming here to propel us to promotion this season. We had a better squad last year and finished 15th. 

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

No... it's the state of reality for our club. Nobody within our budget is coming here to propel us to promotion this season. We had a better squad last year and finished 15th. 

Frightening isn't it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Which is why you change manager.

If you can't afford good new players then you change the other thing which is cheaper - the coaching staff 

You don't accept failure and mediocrity yet it seems that's exactly what this group of losers are trying to do.

• Like 5

Just now, JHRover said:

Which is why you change manager.

If you can't afford good new players then you change the other thing which is cheaper - the coaching staff 

You don't accept failure and mediocrity yet it seems that's exactly what this group of losers are trying to do.

Probably, and I think we're well past the stage now where that was needed. We needed that half way through the season just gone. I'd like to see some loanee's come because that relationship with Liverpool and Manchester City IS beneficial to us in the long run. We should keep that going because it will be handy over the years.

Looks as thought Ronan Curtis is seeking himself a move with some of the comments being made in the press. Ourselves and Cardiff supposedly interested, which wouldn't shock me as he seems to have been linked with us for a long time.

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

The reality is we are capable of doing far better than we are, not just last season.

Promotion is a pipe dream and always has been but being more competitive isn't. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Probably, and I think we're well past the stage now where that was needed. We needed that half way through the season just gone. I'd like to see some loanee's come because that relationship with Liverpool and Manchester City IS beneficial to us in the long run. We should keep that going because it will be handy over the years.

It's beneficial to City, Liverpool and the players as the players develop a step further in their career but for us it offers little benefit as a year later we are back to square one looking for another kid to develop for someone else for the next season.

• Like 4

“The team is what it is, a lot of young boys, but it’s good to work with young players because they’re very enthusiastic, fit but let’s be realistic, we’re not going to win many Championship matches with the young team we had out there, we need to recruit some footballers.”

Tony Mowbray 11th July 

Ever since this quote the only transfer we seem to be linked with are young players on loan from Premier League academies.  

This club really is a comedy sketch, I just feel for our own academy players who get shafted by Mowbray's management and transfer styles. But don't worry we will flog off Armstrong for 10 million which we get reinvested as injured Middlesbrough rejects 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, JoeH said:

in nutshell that's the problem change was needed it as usual Venkys do not make it, our second potential play off squad has been squandered by a manager out of his depth. We are now faced with scratching whatever loans we can get off PL clubs. We could sort contract extensions out for Mowbrays boys last summer and waste that money, yet key players like Armstrong got left he should have been extended two years ago. Instead the club hierarchy were again asleep at the wheel focusing on flogging brockhall for a few quid

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The question was, did we try to keep him?

I do not know but I very much doubt that we ever had a chance of getting him back.

His loan to Anderlecht was done on 1st July, quite early in the window and there would have been some negotiations between City/Anderlecht/player prior to that date.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

I'd like to see some loanee's come because that relationship with Liverpool and Manchester City IS beneficial to us in the long run. 

It's just not beneficial to us Joe, I can't understand where you are coming from.

Name one loan from these that has benefited us ? Just holding back our lads like Wharton who should have 100 games for us now, instead we had Toisin and THB....Where is the benefit?  An experienced Wharton in our back 4 is a benefit playing for his employers who have brought him through. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's just not beneficial to us Joe, I can't understand where you are coming from.

Name one loan from these that has benefited us ? Just holding back our lads like Wharton who should have 100 games for us now, instead we had Toisin and THB....Where is the benefit?  An experienced Wharton in our back 4 is a benefit playing for his employers who have brought him through. 🤷‍♂️

To be fair, THB and Branthwaite were only brought in post Wharton's injury, otherwise he would've played.

I'm broadly sympathetic to the idea that we need to be very, very discerning when it comes to loaning young players. But it's not right to say there's no benefit to us - we could've been bang in trouble last year if we take Elliott's contributions away. Throw in that we've obviously got next to no budget to play around with and that the squad is looking pretty thin, we could easily be looking at the impact of loans to keep us away from trouble this year too. 

• Like 1