BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

8 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

To be fair, THB and Branthwaite were only brought in post Wharton's injury, otherwise he would've played.

I'm broadly sympathetic to the idea that we need to be very, very discerning when it comes to loaning young players. But it's not right to say there's no benefit to us - we could've been bang in trouble last year if we take Elliott's contributions away. Throw in that we've obviously got next to no budget to play around with and that the squad is looking pretty thin, we could easily be looking at the impact of loans to keep us away from trouble this year too. 

Spot on  but it's galling when it gets throw around that the manager is some kind of god for doing this. Don't get me wrong it's obviously a strength of his but he doesn't make best use of it because it's covering some of his frequent other failings.

That's why we are forever anchored in mid/lower mid.

His bad use of transfer funds and wages and lack of real forward planning have landed us in this potential mess. His use of the loan market and Armstrongs goals are keeping us above water.

Probably better to retain both if we are retaining him.

On 16/07/2021 at 19:23, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Pickering

Travis Buckley

JRC             Rothwell       Brereton

Armstrong

What a truly awful championship side that is.

21 hours ago, JHRover said:

We can sign as many players as we like.

It is the managers job to decide which of those go towards our 25 man limit. Some will go the other way out of the club and others will have to make do with being in the u23s.

We've enough problems to deal with before telling ourselves we are only allowed x numbers of signings.

JH, players like JRC, Davenport, Buckley, Carter are first team players now. far too good for the under 23 and old now. We need 5 or 6 players including a replacement for Armstrong if or when he goes. But we want money not player swaps unless we are getting very good player who isn't injury prone or on the way down. 

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19451012.middlesbrough-hoping-sign-lutons-pelly-ruddock-mpanzu/

Looks like Pelly Ruddock is going to decide on his future this week, most likely heading to Boro.

isn't he a defensive midfielder? have you seen much of him?

21 hours ago, Mercer said:

What Rovers' fan in their right mind WOULD NOT WANT Sean Dyche!?!?

suggest you put down that bottle of red wine and start living the real world cos he aint coming here in million years. You can dream Mercer if you want but you have been telling the messageboard that Alex Neil would be manager by now and look how that turn out. So much for your family contact being right. 

15 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Is he going to propel us into the playoffs I doubt it. Use our own academy and stop developing other clubs youngsters.

I agree to a point but if you getting a very good talent for a season like Harvey Elliott. Surely it worth signing him?

5 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Just for clarification Harry Potter is not real :) even if you have seen him on TV

never read the books or watched the movies. never interested me

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is that the extent of your ambition for the Club?

No. I don't know anyone who was to be mid table championship football club. I would love to get back the PL but at the minute 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Which is why you change manager.

If you can't afford good new players then you change the other thing which is cheaper - the coaching staff 

You don't accept failure and mediocrity yet it seems that's exactly what this group of losers are trying to do.

Yes we all agree that the owners should have change manager during last season but for some unknown reason Balaji(and Pasha) decided to stick with Mowbray. I think he knew that discusses was happening behind the scenes about replacing him but I do wonder if Venkys approaches to certain managers were rejected? Plus some of his comments after games were bizarre and seemed aimed at the owners about replacing him talks. Wasn't there a rumour that Wilder rejected the club offer to replace Mowbray?

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Looks as thought Ronan Curtis is seeking himself a move with some of the comments being made in the press. Ourselves and Cardiff supposedly interested, which wouldn't shock me as he seems to have been linked with us for a long time.

is he what we need on the left wing and if we were to sign where does that leave Chapman cos Brereton best performances have come from the wide right or left. Or is Mowbray looking to use him as number 9 striker now

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

suggest you put down that bottle of red wine and start living the real world cos he aint coming here in million years. 

Suggest you stop being disingenuous again.  You said you wouldn't have him and now you've twisted it to "well he'd never come here anyway"  

You know what you are doing.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's just not beneficial to us Joe

Without loans last year we'd have been in serious trouble. The idea is that your maintain and grow relationships with these big clubs so that they trust us with their best talents. In a few years time, should we be in the right position for a push, we could really rely on those loan players to push us that extra inch into the play offs. You only get that if you show how good you can be for these clubs talents over a good period of time.

6 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Just for clarification Harry Potter is not real :) even if you have seen him on TV

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I never read the books or watched the movies. never interested me

Basically Hogwarts don't invest in a proper defence and instead over-promote the kids from the youth academy. Doesn't really work and all goes to rat shit. The top guy eventually loses his job (permanently) because of it.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Without loans last year we'd have been in serious trouble. The idea is that your maintain and grow relationships with these big clubs so that they trust us with their best talents. In a few years time, should we be in the right position for a push, we could really rely on those loan players to push us that extra inch into the play offs. You only get that if you show how good you can be for these clubs talents over a good period of time.

The 3 promoted teams from the championship juat gone had no loans from any of the top Premier league teams.  

I don't agree with you. I think it's lazy scouting and lazy management.  

You sound like we should just lick arse mate...🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

In fairness, I think loans can be beneficial but only when its the final piece of the jigsaw so to speak.

We took Eyal Berkovic here on loan, and you could argue that his additional input was what got us over the line for promotion back to the prem.

The massive caveat to this of course was that we had a very sturdy structure underneath him. Good players that had prem experience, good coaches and a good manager. So the building blocks were already in place prior to us adding that x factor which could help us break teams down.

It could be said that Harvey Elliott is nearly a like for like type of player, but the obvious difference is we are/were built on quicksand behind him and all through the dugout!

Would much prefer we get our house in order first and be at least somewhat clever with what we do in the loan market, instead at the moment it seems to be basically used for filling out squad places and a total attitude of we'll worry about it some other time.

Edited by Irish_Rover
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Because he's a good talent? What about our academy with copious amounts of good talent.

But they are obviously not as good as Harvey Elliott. Whilst I stop short at fawning over him as many did, he was undoubtedly a successful loan signing. The aim is to create as good a team as possible, if a couple of those players are loanees then so be it. We would have finished lower without Elliott.

Obviously, there are so many things that we did get wrong, wrong manager, many other poor signings, tactics, contracts, you name it. But if loanees we can attract are better than what we have already, we should sign them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But they are obviously not as good as Harvey Elliott. Whilst I stop short at fawning over him as many did, he was undoubtedly a successful loan signing. The aim is to create as good a team as possible, if a couple of those players are loanees then so be it. We would have finished lower without Elliott.

Obviously, there are so many things that we did get wrong, wrong manager, many other poor signings, tactics, contracts, you name it. But if loanees we can attract are better than what we have already, we should sign them.

Think you're spot on with that. You can potentially sign better players than you could afford to bring in permanently via the loan market. If that strengthens the team & the squad, then I don't see an issue with it. 

The issue is when you turn to loans as the go to, instead of promoting your own youth (when they are potentially good enough) or signing someone permanently who could make an impact and be an asset to the club. To be fair though, in recent times we've done quite well with the quality of loan players we've brought in. 

• Like 2

Middlesbrough have Rotherham midfielder Matt Crooks in for a medical today, although I suspect that there is a chance that Lewis Wing will be going in the opposite direction, Warnock mentioned a swap the other day and he was at Rotherham last season:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-middlesbrough-closing-in-on-signing-27-year-old-medical-booked/

They are also close to finalising a deal for Argentinian midfielder Payero who is currently at the Olympics. Wonder where this leaves any deal for Ruddock Mpanzu.

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But they are obviously not as good as Harvey Elliott. Whilst I stop short at fawning over him as many did, he was undoubtedly a successful loan signing. The aim is to create as good a team as possible, if a couple of those players are loanees then so be it.

I think someone up the thread had it right...a loan should be the cherry on the cake, the stardust to get us over the line so to speak....berkovic was a good example.

Elliot should be the icing on the cake, not run to death up and down to cover for crap players..our centre halves should be our own.  

Loanings should be strategic, ours are sticking plasters

• Like 4

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I think someone up the thread had it right...a loan should be the cherry on the cake, the stardust to get us over the line so to speak....berkovic was a good example.

Elliot should be the icing on the cake, not run to death up and down to cover for crap players..our centre halves should be our own.  

Loanings should be strategic, ours are sticking plasters

If they are better players than what we already have, then they are successful loans. As I touched on, there is loads of other things wrong with our squad, but that doesn't make Elliott and Harwood-Bellis anything other than successful loans.

If we had from the start of the season taken the attitude that we may as well just play young players that we own as we wont go up anyway, with a team full of kids (inferior ones to Elliott) we would have likely gone down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

The 3 promoted teams from the championship juat gone had no loans from any of the top Premier league teams.  

I don't agree with you. I think it's lazy scouting and lazy management.  

You sound like we should just lick arse mate...🤷‍♂️

Watford had Garner on loan from Man U and Norwich had Skipp from Spurs so this is wrong.

• Like 1

On 18/07/2021 at 14:02, chaddyrovers said:

Why are so obsess with it? Would you want an ex dingle in charge here? 

We aren't signing Gray. Simple as. 

Time to move on Roversfan99 

23 hours ago, Mercer said:

What Rovers' fan in their right mind WOULD NOT WANT Sean Dyche!?!?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

suggest you put down that bottle of red wine and start living the real world cos he aint coming here in million years. You can dream Mercer if you want but you have been telling the messageboard that Alex Neil would be manager by now and look how that turn out. So much for your family contact being right. 

Come on Chaddy, if you are going to respond to my posts then please at least do so in the right context.

You posted as above "Would you want an ex dingle in charge here?"

I responded "What Rovers' fan in their right mind WOULD NOT WANT Sean Dyche!?!?"

I very doubt Dyche would touch us with a sh1tty stick but IF he could be lured here, are you seriously saying you would be against the appointment because he had managed Burnley?

As for Alex Neil, don't rule that out.  I am told there is even more credibility in that possibility!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

1 each from Man U and West Ham

Who? They better have played 40 games like our loanees or its not the same is it?

After a quick look....Winston Reid and an 18 year old...neither played. You should check your facts....🙄

Good try though 

Edited by Sparks Rover