BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

13 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Tell that to Bury, or the other clubs that have gone down the pan. Maybe you’ll be happy watching FC Rovers in the North West Counties League.

Tell what exactly? Did Bury go out of business because they didnt sell enough season tickets? And who exactly are you spiteful towards? People who don't follow the club with as much interest as you or I, as if every supporter should have to follow the club to the same degree?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Just three more pages and the 200 is up with no news. Might bring in the night watchman for the last three pages with a topic that is off transfer subject.
Was the club well run financially under Sir Jack or did he just have so much money that he wanted to fulfill a boyhood dream at any cost. 
It felt like a few years long bender,  and then a gigantic hangover for twenty years plus. 

I think Jack coming along and doing what he did was more like winning the lottery.

Where we are right now is like a lottery winner who has pissed away all their fortune, their house is in ruins and they’re back on the dole.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I think Jack coming along and doing what he did was more like winning the lottery.

Where we are right now is like a lottery winner who has pissed away all their fortune, their house is in ruins and they’re back on the dole.

And they now live with their grandad who they hate, smells bad and refuses to move into a home 2 years after it was time...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, den said:

If we’re looking for the reason why this club is in the state it’s in, then ultimately it’s down to the Walker Trustees. Jack Walker would never have made that sale.

im`e sure they did`nt know how venkys would operate and im`e certain mama venky did`nt mention putting her trust in bent agents,i`ve also been told the only reason they won`t sell the club is they`ll be regarded as failures in india,it`s an indian caste idealogy or something along those lines,they`ll lose credibilty amongst their business rivals and lose massive amounts of respect as well

6 hours ago, unsall said:

Yep agree with pretty much you say, I think the squad will be smaller but with a few quality signings/ loans as against quantity, we’ve always had hit and miss signings but don’t think it’s been too bad, time will tell.

Dont mean to keep saying how I support the club just don’t like constant abuse at the club, but I can certainly disagree with a few policies, season ticket prices for one, but not everything is bad.As the City supporters used to say” look on the bright side” 😀

I don't see it as abuse aimed at "the Club" at all but abuse aimed at those individuals running the Club into the ground who need removing for the good of the Club.

Just out of interest, were you as optimistic and convinced it would just all come good when the likes of Iley, Kean and Coyle were manager?

Edited by RevidgeBlue

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

You basically saying we are the footballing version of Michael Carroll!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

So i guess we haven't signed anybody yet. -- Just asking.

nope. Wouldn't expect much before the start of the season. Maybe 1 or 2 before the Swansea game. I think Armstrong will start the season here until his interested clubs get close to our price we want without player swap. by end of the transfer window think we have 5 or 6 players which I think 2 players will be PL loans and 3 or 4 players permanently signed

2 hours ago, Gav said:

A positive outcome is different for different people Blue blood.

A positive outcome for many, after the past 18 months, is to just get back into the stands with your mates to see a bit of live football. 

A positive outcome could be seeing Armstrong in a Rovers shirt, how about Dack coming back, it’s not all about promotion and playoff places for many I’d wager.

Good post Gav, made me think. 

Think it's phraseology. Would certainly concede they could be classed as positive outcomes but that isn't the same as reason to be optimistic. (I know, I know, I used the two interchangeably.) 

What I was trying to say (badly!) is that there are many things to look forward to, going to games being a key one, but that's not really much room for optimism of how we will do. It's something to look forward to but it doesn't suggest we will do particularly well. We may look forward to going but it doesn't give any cause for optimism or hope that we aren't a shambles on or off the pitch. In fact I would say no matter how much enthusiasm or lack I have thereof all indicators are it's full steam ahead to destination shambles. 

As for not all about promotion and playoffs I'm a little bit torn by that comment. On one hand I hope it is. I mean that's the aim of any game - to win. How realistic it is is perhaps a different matter but the aim of a football club is to be as successful as possible. So in some ways it is aiming to doing this, that's what it is all about, winning games and getting promotion. As Barnsley showed getting to the playoffs, as Brentford's slow build showed - it can and should be the target for all clubs to work towards. 

On the flip side I get that isn't the only measure of success. Under Hughes I didn't expect a Champions League place (we got close though). But we had a talented team, who fought for the shirt and we were well run on and off the pitch. That was a standard I was happy with and would be so again (in a Championship equivalent way.)

Thing is Gav, whichever view we take there's no reason for optimism because both are well out of reach. A well run club punching above its weight or promotion chasers - neither look likely under these chancers. So yeah no cause for optimism imo. And for me simply existing is not enough, especially when we are run, and often play, like a shower. 

2 hours ago, JohnGo said:

Tell that to Bury, or the other clubs that have gone down the pan. Maybe you’ll be happy watching FC Rovers in the North West Counties League.

Bury have always been up against it it's another poor example to use.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

We are the Michael Carroll of football clubs.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

nope. Wouldn't expect much before the start of the season. Maybe 1 or 2 before the Swansea game. I think Armstrong will start the season here until his interested clubs get close to our price we want without player swap. by end of the transfer window think we have 5 or 6 players which I think 2 players will be PL loans and 3 or 4 players permanently signed

I think we will be lucky to get 2-3 players in by the end of the transfer window.

After the FFP delay to 4 years, this is always the year where to have to balance the books ready for another push and squad rebuild next year. We just have to look at what would have been in our profit and sustainability submission to the EFL. it would have budgeted for 8,000 season ticket holders, we are looking at getting 5,000 so that's £1.2m down straightaway at a £400 average price. We will be saving £5m in player wages of released players and that is already in the figures submitted to the league, it will probably have stated we'll make a £8m player trading surplus this year after the probable sale of Lenihan, Armstrong and Rothwell. Looking at the financial figures we can only lose this year around £7m compared to our normal £20m.

If we think about it all of ours signings and contracts adhere to the 3 year FFP cycle, the issue is Covid popped it to 4 years, so instead of selling players such as Dack, Armstrong, Rothwell, Travis etc with either 2 years or 1 year plus a 1 year option. We are now trying to get high transfer prices to cover FFP at a time when our players have a year on their contract. So it will be very tough to cover everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Top 6 though eh?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnGo said:

Maybe you’ll be happy watching FC Rovers in the North West Counties League.

I refuse to attend under the current regime but would be at every game if Venky's left and we ended up in NW Counties -  so, yes, maby I would be happy.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, den said:

If we’re looking for the reason why this club is in the state it’s in, then ultimately it’s down to the Walker Trustees. Jack Walker would never have made that sale.

Agreed, his problem was the greedy 4 sprogs. My wife went to school with his girls and they were greedy and self centred. I worked at Walkers and Charlie boy professed his love for the club. What a load of bollocks he couldn’t get his hands on the cash quickly enough. He should have left the trust to a supporters association. I bet he’s spinning in his grave.

7 hours ago, phili said:

I think we will be lucky to get 2-3 players in by the end of the transfer window.

After the FFP delay to 4 years, this is always the year where to have to balance the books ready for another push and squad rebuild next year. We just have to look at what would have been in our profit and sustainability submission to the EFL. it would have budgeted for 8,000 season ticket holders, we are looking at getting 5,000 so that's £1.2m down straightaway at a £400 average price. We will be saving £5m in player wages of released players and that is already in the figures submitted to the league, it will probably have stated we'll make a £8m player trading surplus this year after the probable sale of Lenihan, Armstrong and Rothwell. Looking at the financial figures we can only lose this year around £7m compared to our normal £20m.

If we think about it all of ours signings and contracts adhere to the 3 year FFP cycle, the issue is Covid popped it to 4 years, so instead of selling players such as Dack, Armstrong, Rothwell, Travis etc with either 2 years or 1 year plus a 1 year option. We are now trying to get high transfer prices to cover FFP at a time when our players have a year on their contract. So it will be very tough to cover everything.

That’s really interesting. So basically, we have to make a net profit of £13m on transfers to bring next summers submission down to £7m loss as opposed to £20m.

That’s why they want £20m for AA which will pocket them £12m plus £1m in wages. So they can then use the £5m they’ve saved in players leaving to pay for contract renewals and new signings (loans and freebies)

Get through the next submission and the ffp cycle starts again, right? 🙈

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't see it as abuse aimed at "the Club" at all but abuse aimed at those individuals running the Club into the ground who need removing for the good of the Club.

Just out of interest, were you as optimistic and convinced it would just all come good when the likes of Iley, Kean and Coyle were manager?

Throw Paul Ince in as well and they are probably four of our worst managers, knew within weeks they were useless, got rid of two pretty quick, other two outstayed their welcome, like I’ve said support I the club not the manager and was always hopeful of things turning round, always been a rollercoaster watching Rovers, just have to go with the good and the bad.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

That’s really interesting. So basically, we have to make a net profit of £13m on transfers to bring next summers submission down to £7m loss as opposed to £20m.

That’s why they want £20m for AA which will pocket them £12m plus £1m in wages. So they can then use the £5m they’ve saved in players leaving to pay for contract renewals and new signings (loans and freebies)

Get through the next submission and the ffp cycle starts again, right? 🙈

To the extent that we might be struggling to meet FFP criteria it's all down to Mowbray's chronic use of resources.

£12m  on two guys who have yet to really hit it off.

£2m over two seasons for Mulgrew not to play for us, I've heard Ayala is on £30k p.w. again not playing for us, giving Smallwood  and Hart contract extensions when they'd never featured in the first place, a sympathy contract for Gladwin who could never play for us and a completely unnecessary deal for Downing who was subsequently never used. High earners like Evans and Bennett barely featuring.

Then an absolute shed load of money on loan fees which is completely dead money and without wishing to state the bleeding obvious you can't wheel and deal with loan players.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, unsall said:

Throw Paul Ince in as well and they are probably four of our worst managers, knew within weeks they were useless, got rid of two pretty quick, other two outstayed their welcome, like I’ve said support I the club not the manager and was always hopeful of things turning round, always been a rollercoaster watching Rovers, just have to go with the good and the bad.

Throw Tony Mowbray in and that makes five.

And he has definitely outstayed his welcome, by about two and a half years so far and counting.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, arbitro said:

Your thingy says you are a former season ticket holder now boycotting. So I'm assuming at some stage you actually boycotted but now your asking others to buy tickets and saying we're either fan's or we're not.

Double standards?

Genuinely don't know anything about that 'thingy'. I've never boycotted. First match I went to was in 1960, never deliberately missed a home game since.

Doesn't make me a better fan than anyone else but it gives me a perspective.

No bad owners, crap managers or anything else within the club is going to drive me away, it's my club, it's your club. One day they will be gone, God willing I'll still be here.

If the club has been driven out of existence through lack of support (no matter how noble and righteous the excuse/rationale) then that's our fault no one else's. My post was a plea for that not to happen.

Mock away, you're not going to change my opinion.

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Which would be absolutely piss poor 

The usual hodge podge of players in too late, confusion and bizzare tactics

Can't wait 

12 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Genuinely don't know anything about that 'thingy'. I've never boycotted. First match I went to was in 1960, never deliberately missed a home game since.

Doesn't make me a better fan than anyone else but it gives me a perspective.

No bad owners, crap managers or anything else within the club is going to drive me away, it's my club, it's your club. One day they will be gone, God willing I'll still be here.

If the club has been driven out of existence through lack of support (no matter how noble and righteous the excuse/rationale) then that's our fault no one else's. My post was a plea for that not to happen.

Mock away, you're not going to change my opinion.

He’s referencing your profile (which you can change BTW) 

8C8BA320-5600-4385-BBF2-00A471A10FFF.jpeg

• Like 1