BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

• Backroom
On 24/07/2021 at 17:20, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How did we get £ 248,000 for Alex Marrow ? He made Lowe look like Franz Beckenbauer.

Also worth asking what we COULD have sold Hanley or Raya or Hoilett for with competent management in place.

• Like 3

On 24/07/2021 at 17:16, Mike E said:

Alex Marrow - 248k

Phil Jones - 17.37m

Frank Fielding - 315k

Hoilett - 3.38m (tribunal?)

Olsson - 2.61m (signed age 16 for 45k, so I'm including)

Hanley - 5.94m

Raya - 3.02m

To be Cat A youn need to have U6 all the ay up...my argument is that out of these players, Jones and Hoilett(to an extent) were developed here...

Marrow was at Boltom until 16

Frank only joined at 16

Ollsson developed in Sweden 

Hanley - developed at Crewe and came at 18

Raya - developed somewhere else came here at 16/17.

The U6-u16 is not required and the large amounts of money spent on all the facilities and coaches etc far outweighs what we get from it.

We.could just take players from other clubs at 16 and it wouldn't make any difference 

On 24/07/2021 at 15:58, Sparks Rover said:

The academy has to pay for itself.  I mean when did we last sell someone for good money who came through and I mean came through from 16 or younger...Jones?  We've produced a lot of shyte, but grade A Academy needs to produce grade A players.

We are a bottom half championship club and I'm not sure many of our mates in this part of the league are spending 3.2m on an academy that doesn't really produce anything....the land is the only value.

I agree with you on most things but I don't understand your stauch opposition to the Academy. £1.9 m p.a. net, Costs relative peanuts in the overall scheme of things.

If not enough youngsters are ending up with the first team then that suggests either the Coaching at Academy level isn't good enough or the first team management aren't willing enough to give our youngsters their head.

I've not heard anyone complaining about the coaching and this practice of borrowing youngsters from PL Clubs is ludicrous imo.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 3

On 24/07/2021 at 18:10, roversfan99 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/july/Minutes-in-the-tank/

“We know we’re a bit short due to injuries at the moment."

Well, that and not replacing any of a full team of outgoings.

The only injured player who is a total game changer to have back is Dack. The rest it's debatable what difference they will make. 

Lowe actually said this group don't like losing games 

Christ almighty 

• Like 3

We are currently 1 of 4 teams yet to sign a player. It's all fine though. 

Reading the LT there, it's a bit ridiculous how they go on about injuries, not the fact our recruitment looks to be absolutely pathetic and dependent on flogging Armstrong. 

Late deal with budget replacement with promise of it being spent in January. Prepare for it. It will make it easier. 

• Like 2

On 24/07/2021 at 18:47, Bigdoggsteel said:

The only injured player who is a total game changer to have back is Dack. The rest it's debatable what difference they will make. 

Lowe actually said this group don't like losing games 

Christ almighty 

A lot of assumptions have been made, players either to return from injury, those who already have, returning loanees, emerging kids or players who can be moved from different positions, of players being of the required quality. Brereton, Gallagher, Chapman, Rankin Costello, Dolan, Chapman, Butterworth, McBride, Vale, I keep hearing that we have plenty of options there, same as in midfield to a lesser extent with Buckley and Davenport. Of all the players mentioned, how many are fully established and proven? So many ifs, buts and maybes, I don't even agree with the idea that we need players in for depth, our first team isn't particularly great.

On 24/07/2021 at 18:54, roversfan99 said:

A lot of assumptions have been made, players either to return from injury, those who already have, returning loanees, emerging kids or players who can be moved from different positions, of players being of the required quality. Brereton, Gallagher, Chapman, Rankin Costello, Dolan, Chapman, Butterworth, McBride, Vale, I keep hearing that we have plenty of options there, same as in midfield to a lesser extent with Buckley and Davenport. Of all the players mentioned, how many are fully established and proven? So many ifs, buts and maybes, I don't even agree with the idea that we need players in for depth, our first team isn't particularly great.

Agreed. Plus the elephant in the room of an average manager who is now basically a lame duck. I think he has lost the players. We are teetering on a knife edge. I'm normally positive,but I would take staying up now if offered it. It's hard to see how we will be in anyway successful next season.  

If we got the Barnsley manager in, who is now at West brom, I would still think he would have a lot to do to to whip this bunch into anything resembling a team who can challenge for promotion, with Mowbray how in the name of god does anyone see him doing it? 

• Like 2

• Backroom
On 24/07/2021 at 17:32, Sparks Rover said:

To be Cat A youn need to have U6 all the ay up...my argument is that out of these players, Jones and Hoilett(to an extent) were developed here...

Frank only joined at 16

The U6-u16 is not required and the large amounts of money spent on all the facilities and coaches etc far outweighs what we get from it.

We.could just take players from other clubs at 16 and it wouldn't make any difference 

I actually agree with that, but where would we put them?

We'd need some sort of training facility specifically for younger players to develop. If only such a thing had a name...

On 24/07/2021 at 17:32, Sparks Rover said:

Frank only joined at 16

Sparks I agree with you a lot of the time, but your wrong about Frankie Fielden. He was in the same class as my son at QEGS. He was with the Rovers from at least the age 11. The Rovers wouldn’t allow him to play in goal, he played centre forward for QEGS. I thought you are associated with the area youth football.

On 24/07/2021 at 20:25, JohnGo said:

Sparks I agree with you a lot of the time, but your wrong about Frankie Fielden. He was in the same class as my son at QEGS. He was with the Rovers from at least the age 11. The Rovers wouldn’t allow him to play in goal, he played centre forward for QEGS. I thought you are associated with the area youth football.

Jesus man I don't know everything and he's 30!!...20 years ago I was hanging out of the hacienda and like minded establishments 3 times a week etc and didn't know if I needed a shit or an hair cut.

Fair enough it says he joined Rovers at 16 on wiki.  

Edited by Sparks Rover

On 24/07/2021 at 20:30, Bigdoggsteel said:

Absolutely no logic in scrapping it so. Costs less than 1/5th of Sam Gallaghers transfer fee per season 

There's no logic to you, it's not your money.

If it was my 40k per week paying for a load of spoilt 7 and 8 year olds poncing about in my tracksuits for no reason whatsoever I'd scrap it. Complete waste of time.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 20:33, Sparks Rover said:

There's no logic to you, it's not your money.

If it was my 40k per week paying for a load of spoilt 7 and 8 year olds poncing about in my tracksuits for no reason whatsoever I'd scrap it. Complete waste of time.

Problem is kids in general don't play footie like they used to so if these lot weren't there how do we get them playing.  Outside of school etc especially, looks like it's a necessary evil these days.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 20:28, Sparks Rover said:

Jesus man I don't know everything and he's 30!!...20 years ago I was hanging out of the hacienda and like minded establishments 3 times a week etc and didn't know if I needed a shit or an hair cut.

Fair enough it says he joined Rovers at 16 on wiki.  

Take a chill pill Sparks, I know we’ve been beaten by a 4th tier club. Don’t shoot the messenger, I find a bottle of red (which I’m consuming) helps.

On 24/07/2021 at 20:30, Bigdoggsteel said:

Absolutely no logic in scrapping it so. Costs less than 1/5th of Sam Gallaghers transfer fee per season 

Having failed in their attempt to sell half the training ground and put the squeeze on the academy. I now wouldn't be surprised if plan B is to scale it back to the point there is no point to it anymore.

• Like 1

Rangers central defender George Edmundson has agreed a 3 year deal with an unnamed club, doubt it will be us but I always though he was fairly impressive anytime I saw him play for Rangers, he would be an instant upgrade on Ayala since he isn't made of glass