BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

On 25/07/2021 at 11:42, Lucimo said:

Well after a couple of weeks observing from afar I have finally acknowledged my ban(bit like after the horse has bolted mind you given I said I would be taking myself out for a period of time. I also stand by everything I said that led to it but I'll leave it there). Anyway, it strikes me as incredibly odd that we would appoint a head of recruitment but not sign anyone, even for Rovers that's frankly bizarre. But then again, is it Tony at work looking after after his jobless mates and giving them a payday. I can't fathom, if true, turning down £15m for Arma. Its either stupid or someone is digging their heels in and playing a brave game expecting the other party to blink first. I don't fancy our chances. 

The last time an upstairs 'consultant' was brought in it lead to 1 loan signing ( his own player), a managerial change and eventually relegation.

It would surprise no one if this guy has just been brought in to sell people or sign one player.  This is Venky/Coventrio Rovers, there are no real plans they all just wing it.

Holy shit 😂 I knew there would be one didn't realise it would be that high. We're screwed either way then. A massive over sight letting it come to this, where we will end up woth peanuts for arguably our best player.

On 25/07/2021 at 11:54, TheKitGuy said:

40% I believe 

On 25/07/2021 at 11:22, arbitro said:

Less than two weeks to go and zero, zilch, nothing in terms of new signings. I said it before and will say again that I really don't expect anybody of consequence in before August 7th. The modus operandi of Venkys will be picking up scraps, desperados and kids from PL clubs who will add to the numbers rather than improve the quality. 

Without trying to sound melodramatic I really fear for the future of our club in its current guise. 

I've feared for the club for over a decade. 

• Like 1

On 25/07/2021 at 11:56, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Even if we sell Armstrong and make some 5 Million profit(?) I genuinely fear it wont be reinvested into the team.

We have Billionaire owners,go figure.🙄

The owners write off £20m a year to keep us running.

As absent and incompetent as they are, I can't question that they put their hand in their pocket. 

• Like 3

On 25/07/2021 at 11:54, TheKitGuy said:

40% I believe 

It's 40% of the profit apparently. 

We bought him for £1.8m, apparently, so we'd be giving Newcastle another £5m if that £15m fee is correct. 

Sensible business all round, really. Allowed us to get the player at a cut price and allowed Newcastle to not get their fingers burned if he turned into a worldie. 

• Like 2

On 25/07/2021 at 12:04, Exiled_Rover said:

The owners write off £20m a year to keep us running.

As absent and incompetent as they are, I can't question that they put their hand in their pocket. 

That may be Exiled but this shit storm is of their own making...they get zero Kudos from me personally.

Selling your top striker and not reinvesting is a recipe for disaster.It will do nothing but compound our problems on the Pitch.

I think Armstrong will leave though,his head has been turned.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

On 25/07/2021 at 12:16, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

That may be Exiled but this shit storm is of their own making...they get zero Kudos from me personally.

Selling your top striker and not reinvesting is a recipe for disaster.It will do nothing but compound our problems on the Pitch.

I think Armstrong will leave,his head has been turned.

Can you blame him? 

With everything that's going on it will be a miracle if we're not soon in trouble.

• Like 2

On 25/07/2021 at 11:56, Danny O.Brien said:

Holy shit 😂 I knew there would be one didn't realise it would be that high. We're screwed either way then. A massive over sight letting it come to this, where we will end up woth peanuts for arguably our best player.

If we had any inkling of a chance at promotion it could be an idea to keep him and let him go for free or resign if we go up.. .....

Armstrong knows this lot are going down this season, it will be for poor money too. Shit management all round 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

On 25/07/2021 at 13:29, tomphil said:

Like iv'e said this is like Rhodes again, unrealistic valuation, owners don't want to sell, club needs money.

Drawn out saga ends in taking probably less than might be on offer right now.

It can only be Newcastle’s slice putting them off. 

• Like 1

On 25/07/2021 at 12:06, Exiled_Rover said:

It's 40% of the profit apparently. 

We bought him for £1.8m, apparently, so we'd be giving Newcastle another £5m if that £15m fee is correct. 

Sensible business all round, really. Allowed us to get the player at a cut price and allowed Newcastle to not get their fingers burned if he turned into a worldie. 

The initial fee was reported as 1.75, potentially rising to 3 mill with add ons. It's a reasonable bet that a good chunk of those add ons have been triggered and paid. I dunno whether that means we pay a percent of profit on the initial fee or the total we have paid, but you would hope the latter.

On 25/07/2021 at 11:56, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Even if we sell Armstrong and make some 5 Million profit(?) I genuinely fear it wont be reinvested into the team.

We have Billionaire owners,go figure.🙄

I think very little, if any will be reinvested - I would imagine most will be used to avoid us running foul of FFP rules.

• Like 1

On 25/07/2021 at 12:21, lraC said:

If the £15 Million reportedly offered is correct, it is a brave decision turning it down. 

Right decisions tho. If he was tied to a long contract then he’s at least worth 25-30m when u compare him to players like Watkins. I’m really suprised a prem team hasn’t taken control of the situation and offered 20m. He’s easily worth that in the current market. Personally, I’d rather we keep him for another season, hope that his goals can keep us up, and that TM leaves when his contract is up. 

4 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Right decisions tho. If he was tied to a long contract then he’s at least worth 25-30m when u compare him to players like Watkins. I’m really suprised a prem team hasn’t taken control of the situation and offered 20m. He’s easily worth that in the current market. Personally, I’d rather we keep him for another season, hope that his goals can keep us up, and that TM leaves when his contract is up. 

You’d rather he left for nothing in 12 months than for 15m now? Teams know that we need to sell him, you don’t get top whack when everyone knows you’re in financial difficulty and your player has 12 months left on his deal. 

• Like 3