BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

49 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

The Rochdale lad has scored 1 in his last 12 games, pass for me. I still remain unconvinced we should sign a striker, Rochdale will want 7 figures. BB and SG should both do better under a real manager who understands possession needs penetration. Both have scored at this level and we MUST improve defensively. We cannot just write off 12 million quid, we're hardly flush and presently every penny counts.

How many goals has Brererton got in his last 12 games ? Or Gallagher for that matter ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Both have 2 goals each in the last 12 games and both mainly playing wide in front 3

Not exactly prolific is it ?

I don’t know wether the lad at Rochdale would make it at a higher level or not but I’d be prepared to give him a go as long as the price isn’t silly.

Somebody at our current level will take a punt on him this summer, I’d say that was a certainty.

As you said earlier, he’s a bit different to what we have at the moment given Dack’s injury.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree on those 3. But the only two I would be sorry or annoyed to see go is JRC and Nyambe. Losing him Stoke would be a blow as I can see Michael O'Neill improving him defensive. 

Nyambe going to Stoke would represent poorly on us as a club. Would Rankin Costello be a huge loss considering how injury prone he is and how suspect a full back he is? Id rather keep him but wouldnt be gutted.

7 hours ago, JoeH said:

Plenty of our squad played League One football. Pickering far superior to what Bell is, but you’ll have to wait and see for that. Jerry thing is tongue in cheek I assume.

JCH is an interesting one at Posh because he’s something of a tap in striker really, waits in the box. Quite Danny Graham esque and I do wonder how successful that would be against better Championship level defences

It doesnt matter how you score goals, being in the right place for tap ins still requires anticipation. Compared to the other strikers mentioned, at least his goal record at a weaker level is 1 in 2, well above 1 in 2, although I suspect there would be more competition for him.

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

The Rochdale lad has scored 1 in his last 12 games, pass for me. I still remain unconvinced we should sign a striker, Rochdale will want 7 figures. BB and SG should both do better under a real manager who understands possession needs penetration. Both have scored at this level and we MUST improve defensively. We cannot just write off 12 million quid, we're hardly flush and presently every penny counts.

Equally, they are sunk costs from 2 and 3 years ago and we cant stick solely with them out of the principle of justifying their price tags. I dont think Brereton is even a central striker. If they are our 2 sole strikers going into a season, we wont score enough to avoid relegation in my opinion. Gallagher may get 1 every 4 games as he did in the best spell of his career to date, plus he has had a few injury niggles, Brereton wouldnt even manage that. 

When Armstrong goes, its a giant part of our attack gone, we have to recruit to at least soften the blow up front because we have seen that the supporting cast will struggle to come close to filling the void. Attack including out wide is for me the number 1 priority this summer. In recent weeks and months its been our lack of goal threat rather than our defence that keeps costing us.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not exactly prolific is it ?

I don’t know wether the lad at Rochdale would make it at a higher level or not but I’d be prepared to give him a go as long as the price isn’t silly.

Somebody at our current level will take a punt on him this summer, I’d say that was a certainty.

As you said earlier, he’s a bit different to what we have at the moment given Dack’s injury.

Oh I agree but we arent a team that's created loads of chances or goals either

We need change formation and style to get more out of players like Dolan, Gallagher, JRC.

I agree he would get a different option up front. Agree someone will sign him 

Are we all sure our current transfer embargo is as straight forward for us to get out of?

I must say there does seem to be an awful lot of good out of contract players at other clubs this year, so even with a very small transfer budget, some clubs are going to be able to put a very good side together on virtually nothing.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Nyambe going to Stoke would represent poorly on us as a club. Would Rankin Costello be a huge loss considering how injury prone he is and how suspect a full back he is? Id rather keep him but wouldnt be gutted.

Would represent poorly on Mowbray!

Yes he would be. I've watched since his under 18's days. Talent is there. It's his 1st full professional season at this level. Would play him further forward. Yes I would be gutted. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would represent poorly on Mowbray!

Yes he would be. I've watched since his under 18's days. Talent is there. It's his 1st full professional season at this level. Would play him further forward. Yes I would be gutted. 

It would indeed. He has been dropped for Bennett and Rankin Costello, neither of whom are a patch on him at right back. Sadly it seems that Mowbray will stay due to the negligence of our owners who dont care that he is taking us backwards.

He will have to be fit enough to play anywhere, maybe worth signing a shorter contract to see if he can be more durable. We have a team full of players who keep missing games through injury, Rankin Costello, Ayala, Davenport, Evans, Johnson etc and it doesnt promote consistency. But I would prefer him to stay for the time being.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JoeH said:

Nyambe wants out, and I don't think anyone would blame him. Rovers see more value in a Josh King esque tribunal situation than extending for 12-months and trying to get value for him on the market from a fairly weak position. Of the teams who want him, Stoke is the preferred location - perhaps they'll offer a better wage/guaranteed starting spot?

Disgraceful how Mowbray has treated Nyambe.

Ridiculous that we've allowed it to get to this.

• Like 9

He will have to be fit enough to play anywhere, maybe worth signing a shorter contract to see if he can be more durable.

I would be given him more than short term contract. 2 years contract minimum 

We have a team full of players who keep missing games through injury, Rankin Costello, Ayala, Davenport, Evans, Johnson etc and it doesnt promote consistency. 

Ayala should have never been signed. 

Johnson and Evans should be let go in the summer

• Like 2

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-blackburn-rovers-consider-swoop-for-8-goal-forward-amid-adam-armstrong-uncertainty/

Would be much more excited about this one than Humprhys if its got any basis in truth. Myself and Andy Watson who does some analysis stuff had been screaming this lads name last summer. Gone on to feature for Scotland and has continued to impress.

Edited by JoeH

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-blackburn-rovers-consider-swoop-for-8-goal-forward-amid-adam-armstrong-uncertainty/

Would be much more excited about this one than Humprhys if its got any basis in truth. Myself and Andy who does some analysis stuff had been screaming this lads name last summer. Gone on to feature for Scotland and has continued to impress.

Looks like that he has struggled for goals now he is in the SPL.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
22 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Would be much more excited about this one than Humprhys if its got any basis in truth. Myself and Andy Watson who does some analysis stuff had been screaming this lads name last summer. Gone on to feature for Scotland and has continued to impress.

Replacing Armstrong with someone that has scored 8 goals in the SPL?

Christ, next season is going to be long.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Forgive me, as I haven't done analysis on this lad, but please tell me why I should be excited about a lad who at 25 years old has 8 goals in the SPL this season? Playing for Scotland won't cut the mustard for me, Mulgrew was still playing for them (as captain too?) whilst playing absolute doggers for us. Does he have great link up play or something?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Replacing Armstrong with someone that has scored 8 goals in the SPL?

Christ, next season is going to be long.

Don't worry. The last times we have got some strikers from the SPL we got the Scottish Wayne Rooney and night club favourite Stokes. Why wouldn't you want to go back to that market? 

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Can you explain where you are excited by this player? 

I seen the work Andy Watson did last summer. Looking forward to the same detail scouting reporting as last summer as this summer

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Down here he'd be an average League 1 striker at best. 

On Shankland, he’s a good player who I’ve seen a lot of footage of. I like him as a player. He’s got the right skills and again, with strikers you need to take into account side that they’re playing for. His side are in a relegation scrap and whilst his goals tally isn’t incredible without that added context, you only have to watch him play to see he’s good.

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

On Shankland, he’s a good player who I’ve seen a lot of footage of. I like him as a player. He’s got the right skills and again, with strikers you need to take into account side that they’re playing for. His side are in a relegation scrap and whilst his goals tally isn’t incredible without that added context, you only have to watch him play to see he’s good.

I've seen clips of him but not enough live games to form an opinion

A Scottish striker? Bloody hell we are scraping the barrel if we think one of their goal shy front line will aid our desires. They have to rob our cast-offs. Why is no one taking about Mcbride? (yes I know) he's done alright in the PL2 and we have another young striker too. Surely he's worth a punt as back up to BB and SG, if we play 1 up top. If not we loan one as we already own 2 strikers.

5 hours ago, JoeH said:

Can he play on the wing?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Meesh said:

Sorry Tyrone, but he's got you there.

You obviously have a soft spot for Dale. Nowt wrong with that, but I'm not sure saying that their defenders are brutes (correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you said something along those lines in the last couple of years) or a 1 in 12 striker at a league level or two below us washes with me.

2 in 12 isn’t much of an improvement on 1 in 12.

Regarding the Dale - I live in Rochdale, I have mates who watch them regularly and I usually watch their highlights as well as going to several of their home games each season. So I do know a bit about them and their players.

Until quite recently they were well known for bringing through a few decent players, especially when Keith Hill was there.

The kids I’ve mentioned on here previously as pretty decent prospects were the goalkeeper they had on loan from Brighton who’s now first choice there and has been called up to the senior Spanish squad. Another one was centre half they had on loan from Wolves who’s now at Shrewsbury, Rathbone who I saw as a poor mans Travis, and that young full back who signed for Wolves recently.

We’ll soon see if Humpreys is any good enough or not because I expect him to move on to one of the teams in our current league this summer if the rumours are to be believed.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2