BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

On 26/07/2021 at 13:32, roversfan99 said:

My defence was more to the initial point that you made that you are "actually of the belief that our current plight is purely down to the manager. The owners backed him and gave him time, he spoke of "journeys", yet here we are with 11 players gone, no clear direction on our style of play and no signings in. They backed another clown, unfortunately." Venkys are the common denominator, and I felt like the above comment made them seem somewhat unfortunate.

Recruitment has always been at a snails pace every summer under Venkys ownership, all but in the last 2 summers, they insist on the manager flying over a week after the season has ended, cup in hand, unaware of how much they will have to spend, making planning for the season after very difficult even if our fate (mediocrity) is secured with weeks to spare. This summer has seen a second transfer embargo, no matter how you look at it, that is not the fault of the manager but down to negligence and incompetence above his head. That could have caused better free agents to be snapped up with us unable to offer any security over a potential contract. I did agree that we have had 3 weeks since to get his arse into gear since, so I don't excuse that, but the main reason this summer has to be the embargo. I am also not convinced that interviewing the head of recruitment is Mowbrays specific responsibility, he undoubtedly may play a part, but the search has been for a long time and he hasnt been on holiday during that time, plus we was told that targets had been identified prior to Harveys departure.

Mowbray does have plenty of deserved criticism for his recruitment, many poor signings and/or signings that are totally odds with his flawed style of play. And I do think he should have really got someone in by now, but I feel that it is only right to put the blame mainly at Venkys door for a second embargo in 5 or 6 years.

I think in this instance, they somewhat are unfortunate. 

They trusted the manager, gave him time and money and you know where we are at now with 2 weeks to go til the season starts. That's purely on him. 

I bet when he goes, stories will come out about how useless and rotten things are behind the scenes at the moment. It's a squad disillusioned with the manager, his methods and at rock bottom confidence wise. 

Plus why would a player want to sign for a club who still have the same manager they won 2 in 17 under at the tail end of the season? Luton would be more tempting if it isn't just about money. 

The owners gave him free reign,that is their mistake, yes, but in many ways they backed the wrong horse, again.

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

On 26/07/2021 at 14:09, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think in this instance, they somewhat are unfortunate. 

They trusted the manager, gave him time and money and you know where we are at now with 2 weeks to go til the season starts. That's purely on him. 

I bet when he goes, stories will come out about how useless and rotten things are behind the scenes at the moment. It's a squad disillusioned with the manager, his methods and at rock bottom confidence wise. 

Plus why would a player want to sign for a club who still have the same manager they won 2 in 17 under at the tail end of the season? Luton would be more tempting if it isn't just about money. 

The owners gave him free reign,that is their mistake, yes, but in many ways they backed the wrong horse, again.

They are the ones who need to be interested enough to judge the managers performance and remove him when he is not performing or progressing, which has been the case for a while now. How can you possibly consider it unfortunate on the owners behalf?

They always back the wrong horse, that isn't a lack of fortune, it is gross incompetence.

To trust a manager with excessive time again isnt something to be credited for, it is poor ownership. And the embargo is not Mowbrays fault, it is incompetence above his head. The regression on the pitch is his fault, and it is down to those bastards over in Pune to stop it and remove him.

On 26/07/2021 at 13:36, JacknOry said:

Jeesus, and your a scout? Spoilt kids?

And that has no connection whatsoever. 🙄 out of a squad of 15-16 under 8s, how many make it into the first team....? None. Same all the way up the age groups.  

The academies have one or two in each age group that they focus on, play up etc...because the subscribe to this category a etc they have to have 20 kids at each age group all travelling everywhere....its like a private school that the parents don't pay for and the majority just go and do something else at the end.🤷‍♂️

There were scouts well before the academy system came along so don't talk crap.

The academy system does more harm to kids than you would imagine. Never good enough but hanging around a pro club until they aren't of any use anymore...seems like a waste of money to me.

Edited by Sparks Rover

On 26/07/2021 at 15:08, Sparks Rover said:

And that has no connection whatsoever. 🙄 out of a squad of 15-16 under 8s, how many make it into the first team....? None. Same all the way up the age groups.  

The academies have one or two in each age group that they focus on, play up etc...because the subscribe to this category a etc they have to have 20 kids at each age group all travelling everywhere....its like a private school that the parents don't pay for and the majority just go and do something else at the end.🤷‍♂️

There were scouts well before the academy system came along so don't talk crap.

The academy system does more harm to kids than you would imagine. Never good enough but hanging around a pro club until they aren't of any use anymore...seems like a waste of money to me.

So how do you explain this new breed of England players then? Technically they're superior to their predecessors. That's only come about with the introduction of a comprehensive Academy system. 

It's the pyramid system - you have to have a wide base to create that elite peak. If you only bring through 1 of those U17s every other year into the First XI then the Academy is working. 

I think your problem is that you feel like Academies are exclusive - once you're in you think you've made it and 'better' players are excluded if they missed the cut as 8/9/10 year olds. I'm sure there's some merit to that - but that's where your local scouts come in. They should have the remit to bring in a couple of the more talented local lads into the Academy for trials - don't let them 'slip through the net'.

On 26/07/2021 at 14:17, roversfan99 said:

They are the ones who need to be interested enough to judge the managers performance and remove him when he is not performing or progressing, which has been the case for a while now. How can you possibly consider it unfortunate on the owners behalf?

They always back the wrong horse, that isn't a lack of fortune, it is gross incompetence.

To trust a manager with excessive time again isnt something to be credited for, it is poor ownership. And the embargo is not Mowbrays fault, it is incompetence above his head. The regression on the pitch is his fault, and it is down to those bastards over in Pune to stop it and remove him.

They own the club and aren't going anywhere. The managerial situation is fixable. 

Are you boycotting or protesting? 

Mowbray is simply emphasising his incompetence alongside Waggot. 2 weeks to the start of a new season and we are a mess on the pitch, a mess behind the scenes, we have a club who simply will not communicate with its own support, we are staring a near certain relegation battle because we have not got anywhere near the experience required in this league and we appear to have the most inept and incompetent buffoon as a CEO who cannot grasp the basics on how to run a family oriented club.

The away kit is a blessing in disguise however it simply papers over the huge cracks at the club🤬🤬

• Like 1

On 26/07/2021 at 16:20, Bigdoggsteel said:

They own the club and aren't going anywhere. The managerial situation is fixable. 

Are you boycotting or protesting? 

I don't see what relevance that has, but no I am not. 

I understand that the managerial situation is easier to fix, but the fact that the owners are not going anywhere does not make it necessary to put my head into the sand and state that "our current plight is purely down to the manager." I still will criticise them when appropriate, rather than deflect the blame elsewhere. I get that they are more than anything or anyone else the constant in our situation/demise, but you could equally argue that whilst employing a manager to progress us is a fixable task even with Venkys here, it is something that has continued to elude them throughout their time here. They should have sacked Mowbray long ago, it is under no circumstances a lack of fortune on their behalf as you suggested.

They always back the wrong horse and then even when they do, they keep backing that horse out of stubborness/disinterest for far too long. Mowbray is merely a rather blatant symptom, the disease is in India.

On 26/07/2021 at 17:35, roversfan99 said:

I don't see what relevance that has, but no I am not. 

I understand that the managerial situation is easier to fix, but the fact that the owners are not going anywhere does not make it necessary to put my head into the sand and state that "our current plight is purely down to the manager." I still will criticise them when appropriate, rather than deflect the blame elsewhere. I get that they are more than anything or anyone else the constant in our situation/demise, but you could equally argue that whilst employing a manager to progress us is a fixable task even with Venkys here, it is something that has continued to elude them throughout their time here. They should have sacked Mowbray long ago, it is under no circumstances a lack of fortune on their behalf as you suggested.

They always back the wrong horse and then even when they do, they keep backing that horse out of stubborness/disinterest for far too long. Mowbray is merely a rather blatant symptom, the disease is in India.

They back the wrong horse in the action replay, that’s how interested they are.

• Like 2

On 26/07/2021 at 11:55, Bigdoggsteel said:

When asked about transfers, CEO Waggott said the appointment of John Park as head of recruitment would ‘assist in the process of acquiring new players’. He added the club were ‘quietly preparing their searches’ but had found themselves battling other clubs for their targets.

Pure incompetence in a nutshell.

• Like 3

On 26/07/2021 at 10:47, RevidgeBlue said:

Yet these numpties seemingly wanted to sell half of it off and cram the same thing into half the space!

It’s that wrong horse again in the action replay. I am beginning to wonder, if they are doing things on purpose?

On 26/07/2021 at 11:55, Bigdoggsteel said:

When asked about transfers, CEO Waggott said the appointment of John Park as head of recruitment would ‘assist in the process of acquiring new players’. He added the club were ‘quietly preparing their searches’ but had found themselves battling for other clubs for their targets. 

Worst excuse ever along with other teams did better than we thought. 

Those aren't excuses those are the everyday circumstances of the job. I mean what next, an accountant complaining they had to add up numbers? We are so unprofessional it's untrue. How on earth can the everyday occurances of football throw us? We are an utter joke.

Waggot is a joke. TM is a joke. Sod off the lot of you, do one. Excuses like this show you are taking the piss and are woefully unable to meet even the most basic of standards. 

Also was Waggot not challenged on this? Not sure where this quote came from as didn't read that far back (fans forum, LET) but surely his guff should be challenged? Stuffed if I know how they get such a free pass. 

I hate supporting Rovers these days. It's a circus from top to bottom. Shame you can't just pick a new one cause this lot constantly take the piss and are killing us slowly.

• Like 9

On 26/07/2021 at 15:52, Exiled_Rover said:

So how do you explain this new breed of England players then? Technically they're superior to their predecessors. That's only come about with the introduction of a comprehensive Academy system. 

It's the pyramid system - you have to have a wide base to create that elite peak. If you only bring through 1 of those U17s every other year into the First XI then the Academy is working. 

I think your problem is that you feel like Academies are exclusive - once you're in you think you've made it and 'better' players are excluded if they missed the cut as 8/9/10 year olds. I'm sure there's some merit to that - but that's where your local scouts come in. They should have the remit to bring in a couple of the more talented local lads into the Academy for trials - don't let them 'slip through the net'.

I saw our 2 central midfielders in the Euros struggling to be technical.  We struggle technically compared to other countries.

Spain does not have an academy system like ours and the players are miles ahead technically 

On 26/07/2021 at 18:21, Blue blood said:

Worst excuse ever along with other teams did better than we thought. 

Those aren't excuses those are the everyday circumstances of the job. I mean what next, an accountant complaining they had to add up numbers? We are so unprofessional it's untrue. How on earth can the everyday occurances of football throw us? We are an utter joke.

Waggot is a joke. TM is a joke. Sod off the lot of you, do one. Excuses like this show you are taking the piss and are woefully unable to meet even the most basic of standards. 

Also was Waggot not challenged on this? Not sure where this quote came from as didn't read that far back (fans forum, LET) but surely his guff should be challenged? Stuffed if I know how they get such a free pass. 

I hate supporting Rovers these days. It's a circus from top to bottom. Shame you can't just pick a new one cause this lot constantly take the piss and are killing us slowly.

100%.

We get the same sort of feeble excuse every summer when we lowball Clubs for players then get gazumped by teams eventually offering what the selling Club/player want. How dare other Clubs act in such a manner!

It's like the excuse given to the Fans Forum for season tickets going on sale late, and which seemingly wasn't challenged.

Which without quoting directly was roughly: 

"There was a lot of discussion about striking a balance between value for money for fans and keeping a competitive team on the pitch as we rely on £3.5 - £4m season ticket income every season".

Considering so much detailed discussion allegedly needed to take place we didn't do anything particularly imaginative or innovative, prices stayed the same!

And considering how badly we supposedly need the money I think someone should have pointed out that no-one in the history of commerce has ever made any money without making their product available for purchase!

They really are taking everyone for mugs.

• Like 9