BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Not to sound sarcastic but who would want Rothwell? He had two good games back to back a couple of years ago. The way he cuts in when he dribbles makes him look class. Then he has to actually kick it or take on a player and the wheels fall off every time. 

Edited by Danny O.Brien
  • Like 2

On 26/07/2021 at 22:20, J*B said:

You’ll be able to guess from Wednesdays team

If the omission is that glaringly obvious that would suggest to me the keeper but I'm assuming it's not that as at this stage that would be desperate even by our standards and there hasn't even been the slightest suggestion of any interest in him.

The other players whose omission would be particularly noticeable would I suggest be the obvious one (Armstrong) Lenihan or Nyambe.

We'll soon see I guess. Whoever it is I doubt it will be good news.

If its players out it's probably Rothwell if not Armstrong... You could see in Rothwells body language against Bradford that he wants to run a long way from Love, Venus and Mowbray.. Surely he has some interest and I think if he leaves he will flourish under a new manager. Hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

Not a fan of the cryptic nature of the rumour, why cant the outgoing be named?

An Armstrong sale is inevitable and to be honest the prospect of losing him on a free is pretty criminal, losing him now rather than on the last day of the window may be a blessing, mind you with Mowbray in charge and presumably most of the proceeds swallowed up, maybe not.

The other 10 on the pitch on Saturday are probably not worth 10m between them. Davenport, Buckley, Chapman or Butterworth not being on the team sheet would barely be noticed and all 4 would only get lower league interest. Ayala is obviously not going to get any interest with a cushy 2 year deal to go, and Pickering has just signed. Lenihan and Nyambe would be missed, neither would attract a big fee especially with a year left. Kaminski would be the biggest loss from that remaining 10 for sure.

Rothwell is a weird one. He is a gifted player but not one that can produce anything other than fleeting and occasional contributions. He wouldnt be a huge loss as an individual in normal circumstances but any fee would probably be minimal, we are already so low on senior bodies, his internal replacement would be Buckley who is even less effective and he would probably be replaced by an inferior player still, most likely a kid on loan. So I would not be for selling him at this point at all.

I imagine if there’s an outgoing it’ll be Armstrong as he is the only one properly linked with other club. It wouldn’t surprise me if it was Rothwell however I can’t ever remember a club actually being reportedly interested in him so would be quite out of the blue. 

On 26/07/2021 at 23:57, RoversClitheroe said:

That would be absolutely awful.

Wednesday say he's awful.

A couple of seasons ago they were raving about him. In recent years that club as a whole has been in decline and sometimes players can see there standards dragged down with it. He’s a proven championship player who probably just needs that change of scene to get up and running again. 

On 27/07/2021 at 01:23, Wegerleswiggle said:

If we could get £3m for Rothwell I would take it. Use that for incomings and then whatever we get for Arma when he eventually goes, use to attempt to balance the books a little. 

Only players I don't want it to be are Kaminski, Lenihan, Travis or Brereton. 

£3m might be a bit optimistic. I think £1m max, may be the best we can get for him. Not that I would be happy with that. Selling him would cause another problem, when we already have enough as it is in terms of replacing outgoings.

Rothwell is one of the few 'exciting' players that we have left. That trait of his, the driving runs past defenders, not many players in the country have that, imo. He hasn't done it consistently for us, but there is a player in there. I'd like to see how he would do at Rovers with better coaching and under a different manager.

• Like 5

On 26/07/2021 at 20:52, SuperBrfc said:

£3m might be a bit optimistic. I think £1m max, may be the best we can get for him. Not that I would be happy with that. Selling him would cause another problem, when we already have enough as it is in terms of replacing outgoings.

Rothwell is one of the few 'exciting' players that we have left. That trait of his, the driving runs past defenders, not many players in the country have that, imo. He hasn't done it consistently for us, but there is a player in there. I'd like to see how he would do at Rovers with better coaching and under a different manager.

Absolutely nailed on to go be a superstar at a similar sized club to us, Mowbrays treatment of him has been nothing short of abysmal. Has dropped him time and time again at the drop of a hat, he has burned all bridges with him. Would take a little magic out of the squad, even though we see it rarely. Do well to get 1.5m. Steal for someone.

• Like 8

• Backroom

Remember when Dunn first burst onto the scene? That's what Rothwell has potential to be, but not under this manager.

He'd flourish under a passionate forward-thinking manager like Ainsworth imo.

On 27/07/2021 at 07:36, Mike E said:

Remember when Dunn first burst onto the scene? That's what Rothwell has potential to be, but not under this manager.

He'd flourish under a passionate forward-thinking manager like Ainsworth imo.

It isn't Mowbrays fault that Rothwell rarely ever has an end product.

He was in and out of the team at Oxford aswell.

• Like 1

• Backroom
On 27/07/2021 at 07:48, islander200 said:

It isn't Mowbrays fault that Rothwell rarely ever has an end product.

He was in and out of the team at Oxford aswell.

And Mowbray still bought him. Therefore buck stops with the manager.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2021 at 16:54, Bbrovers2288 said:

Somebody through the door by Friday….

Leighton Clarkson from Liverpool is my guess.

Young, cheap, two professional games so far in his career,  can wax lyrical about our relationship with a top side etc etc

Ticks all the boxes for this lot.

• Like 2

On 27/07/2021 at 08:05, Mike E said:

And Mowbray still bought him. Therefore buck stops with the manager.

Yeah in the hope Rothwell would fulfill his undoubted potential but he hasn't absolutely no end product and that's not all on Mowbray.Rothwell has shown a few flashes but more often than not goes missing.Way overrated by some on here 

• Like 1