BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

On 27/07/2021 at 19:11, phili said:

i believe it is rolling and we would be under an embargo until we reduced operating costs to significantly as well as being limited to the size of contract we can offer existing players.

There are an awful more players next year who may well leave on a free

Thanks, suspected that would be the case.

As regards the players who are out of contract in 12 months, suspect the boat has already sailed on that one, thanks to the negligence and financial mismanagement of management and the incompetence of Mowbray.

The only hope would probably be Mowbray leaving and a progressive new manager coming in the players fancy.

On 27/07/2021 at 18:00, islander200 said:

That Daka who Leicester bought was under contract for longer than a year and they paid 23 million.He was coveted by bigger teams than Leicester too.

He is unproven in the premier League as is Armstrong.He has 1 year left on his deal why would Premier league teams pay 20 million+ when they can get better value for their buck abroad.

If Watkins had 1 year left on his deal Aston Villa would not have been paying 26 million for him.

Even if we go the part exchange route that players valuation will be taken into consideration when we are paying the 40%

You're ignoring the fact it's not as easy to sign players from abroad now, they have to re-adapt, plus they aren't English and that adds a premium. Armstrong scored 29 goals last season. More than Watkins scored. I have expressed the issues I think he brings to the current team, however in a correct system ,under a manager who knows how to set a defence up, I think he will score goals at PL level. He scores all types of goals, he's young. I could definitely see someone going to 18, if not 20 for him, depending on how many clubs are interested. 

• Like 2

On 27/07/2021 at 19:30, Bigdoggsteel said:

You're ignoring the fact it's not as easy to sign players from abroad now, they have to re-adapt, plus they aren't English and that adds a premium. Armstrong scored 29 goals last season. More than Watkins scored. I have expressed the issues I think he brings to the current team, however in a correct system ,under a manager who knows how to set a defence up, I think he will score goals at PL level. He scores all types of goals, he's young. I could definitely see someone going to 18, if not 20 for him, depending on how many clubs are interested. 

Mate I don't think 15 million is a good deal for Armstrong but I think it's the best we will get.If you want to believe a premier league club will pay 20 Million for a championship striker who has one year left on his deal then that's up to you .

When was the last time a Championship player with one year left on his contract,that had never been tested at premier League level left their club for a fee of 20 million or even 10 for that matter?

It's as simple as this imo we can not afford to let him go for nothing if we have bids of 15 million in.With our wage bill and finances we need a big sale in the next 12 months.If it's not Armstrong who else is it going to be?Most teams in the championship with our debt levels and finances cash in on assets,it's a farce we have got to this point IL reiterate I think you are dreaming if you think we will get bids of 20 million(I would love to be wrong)

Edited by islander200

On 27/07/2021 at 19:14, simongarnerisgod said:

he could take us down to the conference and he`d still be in a job,the only way mowbray is leaving is if he gets a job somewhere else(highly unlikely),he decides to retire(possible after this season) or he shuffles off the mortal coil,he could in all possibility get a job upstairs in some capacity,though it won`t rid us of him and he`ll still be able to wield his influence,sorry to say we are stuck with his incompetence,poor coaching and general malaise

Wouldn't be surprised if he starts this season upstairs......sat upstairs that is with Venus on the touchline.

Crafty bastards this lot they know a storm is brewing and i think it will be all out backside covering next season.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2021 at 19:38, tomphil said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he starts this season upstairs......sat upstairs that is with Venus on the touchline.

Crafty bastards this lot they know a storm is brewing and i think it will be all out backside covering next season.

aye,i can see us hovering over the relegation zone by november and mowbray  bleating that we can`t compete with the top half and we fans should lower our expectations,dismissing the fact that barnsley got into the play offs without any money at all,i can see it panning out like the above scenario,mowbray to me has now overtaken kean as my most hated rover figure ever,at least kean was stupid and always destined to get the sack,mowbray is slyly playing it all for his own gain,picking up his wages and not giving a **** about the club

• Like 3

On 28/07/2021 at 01:38, tomphil said:

Looks like a good reason for yet another clock reset to Tony Time.

Is Venus brave enough to come of from lurking in shadows and not speaking, and busy re-designing planning applications.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

On 27/07/2021 at 19:37, islander200 said:

Mate I don't think 15 million is a good deal for Armstrong but I think it's the best we will get.If you want to believe a premier league club will pay 20 Million for a championship striker who has one year left on his deal then that's up to you .

When was the last time a Championship player with one year left on his contract,that had never been tested at premier League level left their club for a fee of 20 million or even 10 for that matter?

It's as simple as this imo we can not afford to let him go for nothing if we have bids of 15 million in.With our wage bill and finances we need a big sale in the next 12 months.If it's not Armstrong who else is it going to be?Most teams in the championship with our debt levels and finances cash in on assets,it's a farce we have got to this point IL reiterate I think you are dreaming if you think we will get bids of 20 million(I would love to be wrong)

I think we will, or close too it. I would turn 15 down. We have to get at least 8 figures out of the deal. I would take a player as well though as part of the deal 

Difference between Watkins and Armstrong is that Watkins makes more of the chances in a much more competitive league Armstrong is not at his level as he is untested at Premier league level. I don’t see him walking into a first team in that league as it stands.

• Like 2

On 27/07/2021 at 20:50, 1864roverite said:

Difference between Watkins and Armstrong is that Watkins makes more of the chances in a much more competitive league Armstrong is not at his level as he is untested at Premier league level. I don’t see him walking into a first team in that league as it stands.

watkins is a far better player than armstrong will ever be and he came from the lower leagues,picking up players like him and selling them on should be our bread and butter,like it used to be,god alone knows what  our scouting system is up to these days

On 27/07/2021 at 21:32, rigger said:

But only 60% of that is for us. So we only get 7 figures.

40% of any profit ,it was initial 1.7 going up to 3,If he has  met those add ons then they would get 40% of 12 million if we sell for 15  they would see 4.8 million of the 15 leaving us with 10.2

• Like 2

On 27/07/2021 at 21:46, islander200 said:

40% of any profit ,it was initial 1.7 going up to 3,If he has  met those add ons then they would get 40% of 12 million if we sell for 15  they would see 4.8 million of the 15 leaving us with 10.2

So in theory the price was only 1.7 million, Newcastle stand to get 40% of 13.3 million. 

On 27/07/2021 at 22:15, rigger said:

So in theory the price was only 1.7 million, Newcastle stand to get 40% of 13.3 million. 

Yes. Although reckon he will have made a few of those add one. Not any promotion ones but games or goals related. 

He's 3 years into a 4 year deal so i also think the add ons will mostly have been met by now.

No way did we just pinch him for 1.75 when he's scored goals and played games regularly since he signed. I think the full fee will have been 3 million and 1.75 was just the deposit, they might not even have been performance related, just installments.