BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Why waste decent money on Shankland who at best is an average League 1 striker when we could go out and get a proven Championship goal scorer in Jordan Rhodes on a free transfer. 

11 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Absolute shambles that Nyambe leaving on a free - all because of our fucking shit manager.

Disgraceful one of the few assets the club has that could fetch a decent sum of money and we are losing him for nothing all because the manager clearly has vendetta against him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Absolute shambles that Nyambe leaving on a free - all because of our fucking shit manager.

What's really alarming about it is if Nyambe is going so are probably JRC and Rothwell. That's three of our most promising players gone, which combined with the long term injury to Dack, Armstrong probably going, and loanees going back puts us in a really really really difficult season next year which has relegation written all over it.

Another reason to get a new manager in immediately - get him to sit down with them and persuade them to sign.

Though I suspect at the root of it there is zero budget so maybe a new manager wouldn't be able to do anything either.

Getting the real heebie-jeebies now. Can see the wall we are going to crash into in the distance.

Could be Venkys have just decided screw it, what will be will be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversinmyblood said:

Joe a quick question. Why would Lewis Thompson be released, I thought he was earmarked for a first team future?

Injuries is my best guess but he's practically disappeared off the face of the earth, which usually signifies they've given up with them at that age. Lenni Rae Cirino seems to have overtaken him for the 23's and despite the fact that I was a big fan, sometimes development does stunt.

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

What's really alarming about it is if Nyambe is going so are probably JRC and Rothwell. That's three of our most promising players gone, which combined with the long term injury to Dack, Armstrong probably going, and loanees going back puts us in a really really really difficult season next year which has relegation written all over it.

Another reason to get a new manager in immediately - get him to sit down with them and persuade them to sign.

Though I suspect at the root of it there is zero budget so maybe a new manager wouldn't be able to do anything either.

Getting the real heebie-jeebies now. Can see the wall we are going to crash into in the distance.

Could be Venkys have just decided screw it, what will be will be.

You would think though that it costs more to sign these players rather than retain them. I mean what does a fully contracted Nayambe cost in this market? £2 million? More? Even at £2 million if he wants an extra £5k or £10 k a week then an equivalent quality player it takes a long time to get to amount to a £2 million transfer fee. 

• Like 4

On 07/04/2021 at 21:38, RoversClitheroe said:

Wrong.

Nyambe is top class. Mowbray gives him the job of 2 people and then throws him under the bus.

Power and pace but positioning and general defending needs improving, that's not to say it won't, definitely a great prospect that we should be tying down to a long term contract. Foolish from the club and he will probably progress more elsewhere.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

You would think though that it costs more to sign these players rather than retain them. I mean what does a fully contracted Nayambe cost in this market? £2 million? More? Even at £2 million if he wants an extra £5k or £10 k a week then an equivalent quality player it takes a long time to get to amount to a £2 million transfer fee. 

These kind of departures for me are down to bad man management and the bureaucracy of BRFC under Venky's chicken.

In other words it's a sh*t show of a club.

• Like 2

Tony's summer targets...

Keep as many ageing injury prone pals as he can and as many youngsters as poss. So as to throw under the bus and keep the journey/young team line going. Sell or let go the rest and replace with loans.

Job done.

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19221393.mowbray-clarifies-situation-rovers-contract-players/

Sounds like we have options on a lot of players contracts and will take them up.

Nyambe, JRC and Rothwell are the mains ones.

Bennett, Johnson, Downing, Bell, Evans, Holtby, Mulgrew and Chapman also all out of contract. 

Surely Evans, Mulgrew, Downing and Bennett will be allowed to leave?

4 hours ago, davulsukur said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19221393.mowbray-clarifies-situation-rovers-contract-players/

Sounds like we have options on a lot of players contracts and will take them up.

Nyambe, JRC and Rothwell are the mains ones.

Bennett, Johnson, Downing, Bell, Evans, Holtby, Mulgrew and Chapman also all out of contract. 

Surely Evans, Mulgrew, Downing and Bennett will be allowed to leave?

Evans and Bennett probably dependent on whether captain Tony is still here. 

Hence why no criticism from the troops 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would anyone look at signing midfielder Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall from Leicester City who is on loan at Luton Town? He is 22 years old and is he going to break into their first team plans next season?

Hold on, we have our own young superstar midfielder.....why bring other teams players in?

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would anyone look at signing midfielder Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall from Leicester City who is on loan at Luton Town? He is 22 years old and is he going to break into their first team plans next season?

Yes I mentioned him previously. Good player but he's not going to be getting in Leicester squad next season and given he'll be nearly 23 come the start of next season we might even be able to do a permanent deal but if not then he will almost certainly be back out on loan next season.

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Yes I mentioned him previously. Good player but he's not going to be getting in Leicester squad next season and given he'll be nearly 23 come the start of next season we might even be able to do a permanent deal but if not then he will almost certainly be back out on loan next season.

I would look at Millwall player Ben Thompson this summer. Out of contract this summer I believe. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would look at Millwall player Ben Thompson this summer. Out of contract this summer I believe. 

Can't say he's ever stood out to me the only Millwall player who ever stands out when I watch them is big Cooper at the back. Top defender I can't understand how he hasn't got a move to a club a bit higher up the division.

13 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Can't say he's ever stood out to me the only Millwall player who ever stands out when I watch them is big Cooper at the back. Top defender I can't understand how he hasn't got a move to a club a bit higher up the division.

We should sign Cooper a couple of seasons ago. Just what we need. Still would be in favour of us signing now this summer especially if we sell Armstrong for 20 million. Reinvesting the money in improving the squad overall

• Like 1