BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Just now, JoeH said:

Watford have Success, Deeney, Percia, King, Joao Pedro, Gray, Fletcher, Dennis, Mebude & Cassidy for striker. Throw Sarr, Sema and a few other "wide forwards" in and their interest in Armstrong is baffling.

Not really, when was the last time any of them scored a considerable number of goals over a league season? Or any goals for that matter? 

7 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

And the playoff places too. Apparently we would have made the playoffs if it weren't for COVID...

Ah yes, who can forget that infamous excuse?

However Wednesday and Rotherham both had legitimate gripes. The former losing their manager for a fair number of games the latter having to play a ton of games in short order. Personally I think without this we would most likely have gone down. 

33 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Ah yes, who can forget that infamous excuse?

However Wednesday and Rotherham both had legitimate gripes. The former losing their manager for a fair number of games the latter having to play a ton of games in short order. Personally I think without this we would most likely have gone down. 

Nah, I don't think so. Rotherham would still have needed to win ,I would say, an unrealistic number of games. Doesn't change how ugly the end of our season was though 

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nah, I don't think so. Rotherham would still have needed to win ,I would say, an unrealistic number of games. Doesn't change how ugly the end of our season was though 

We'll never know. Given how much Wycombe rallied (showing it's possible) and if the pressure had been increased a bit more on ourselves and Derby (who only just missed out on relegation) through even just one more positive result for Rotherham would have caused I think they could have stayed up. 

Still it is academic and as you say it was grim enough for us regardless of relegation worries with 2 wins in 17. Not that it seems to matter much round Ewood these days. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

We'll never know. Given how much Wycombe rallied (showing it's possible) and if the pressure had been increased a bit more on ourselves and Derby (who only just missed out on relegation) through even just one more positive result for Rotherham would have caused I think they could have stayed up. 

Still it is academic and as you say it was grim enough for us regardless of relegation worries with 2 wins in 17. Not that it seems to matter much round Ewood these days. 

The win against that dreadful Derby side was huge 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wonder if we don't sell him, would it be in Armstrong's interest to sign a year extension?  If he gets an injury like Dacks, he could really be left in no man's land 

No, it's in his interest to leave on a free and earn a whopping signing on fee as a free agent. 

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

With Travis absent tonight I wonder if he is the one they are trying to offload 

Nothing would surprise me with these cretins.

Hopefully it is a genuine illness and not more transfer shenanigans.

He posted an Instagram story explained his absence which I would suggest clears him from being the player on the move. Plus TM loves him. 

it’ll be Rothwell or chapman imo.

2 minutes ago, TruRover said:

He posted an Instagram story explained his absence which I would suggest clears him from being the player on the move. Plus TM loves him. 

it’ll be Rothwell or chapman imo.

For what it’s worth, I don’t actually know who the leaver is. I’ve been told from within the club one in, one out this week. I would assume it would be Armstrong as we’ve already had bids for him. 

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

No, it's in his interest to leave on a free and earn a whopping signing on fee as a free agent. 

Yep, considering the relative rarity of a major injury I think Armstrong will be comfortable waiting out the year if needed. May well play more conservatively to avoid injury as well, which wouldn't be good for us. He and his agent will be rubbing their hands in glee at the potential increased signing on/agent fees if we don't agree a deal this summer.

Dack's situation was just serious bad luck. Add in he's also older than Armstrong so the time available to bounce back post-injury is reduced considerably.

With all of that said I think Armstrong will be gone before the window closes. The club won't risk losing him for nothing.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wonder if we don't sell him, would it be in Armstrong's interest to sign a year extension?  If he gets an injury like Dacks, he could really be left in no man's land 

He'll be fine either way as Mowbray would just hand him a new contract (1 year) to recover and get paid by us.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You missed the point. 

If he stays and gets an injury like Dacks first game of the season, his negotiating power for the following summer will be massively diminished. In the world of football, he would be yesterday's man and clubs who were interested will have moved onto new targets. I would imagine his options would be very different than now. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

34 minutes ago, J*B said:

For what it’s worth, I don’t actually know who the leaver is. I’ve been told from within the club one in, one out this week. I would assume it would be Armstrong as we’ve already had bids for him. 

You said yesterday "Armstrong gone 15 million excluding add ons" ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You said yesterday "Armstrong gone 15 million excluding add ons" ?

Yeah I think he’s gone for 15m excluding add ons. I know we want 25m but I think the number will be 15m. 

9 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Not rated by Wednesday fans, and still available when we're one of the slowest clubs to get moving in the transfer window. Has clogger written all over it - probably get a 4-year deal or something too.

We do need players, so at least its a body but Reach is not somebody that is going to push us up the league. Think id rather just give Chapman a run in the side.

Reach was bought for 5 Million and was a sought after player prior to the last two seasons, has decent ability and is still only 28.

I take on board Sheffield Wednesdays fans views of him , however Id say they are unhappy with the majority of their players after being relegated.

The club wasnt paying players including Reach their wages whilst still sounding out potential signings for the club.That is bound to have an effect on the players.

He hasn't been signed up as he wants his wage which he is entitled too.I think he will be a decent signing but obviously not an Armstrong replacement

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Not rated by Wednesday fans, and still available when we're one of the slowest clubs to get moving in the transfer window. Has clogger written all over it - probably get a 4-year deal or something too.

We do need players, so at least its a body but Reach is not somebody that is going to push us up the league. Think id rather just give Chapman a run in the side.

Under Mowbray, it's hard to see anyone pushing us up the league. Reach is far better than Chapman.