BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

At the moment, obviously the power is very much in his court, and if we choose not to sell him now, he is best advised to run his contract down. Bigger teams will find a player of his ability even more appealing on a free.

The serious injury is unlikely but if it happened, that would of course weaken his power and possibly put off other clubs, but if the options were to release a seriously injured Armstrong or offer him a long term deal, we would be cutting off our nose to spite our face if we didnt choose the latter, and it would probably be his best option too. So even in the worst case scenario, he would be able to get a contract I suspect.

Depends on the injury. Anything which might reduce his pace I'd be very wary of. Also depends on the contract terms.

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

That's what I was told unfortunately.

Depends on the fee we receive for Rothwell, but if over a million and we get a more proven championship player in Reach to replace him for free then that's a good deal imo.

Reach should only be given a 2 year deal and perhaps a years option in the clubs favour tho 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Reach wouldnt be a direct replacement in that Rothwell has been played centrally whereas Reach is a left winger.

He’s played CM a few times. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Reach wouldnt be a direct replacement in that Rothwell has been played centrally whereas Reach is a left winger.

Rothwell has also played wide for us and besides that Rothwell never been a regular certainly not in central midfield

• Backroom
1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

He has but it makes no sense to sign a replacement who has filled in there on occasion. We also need a winger so if Rothwell goes, it just means that we need 3 central midfielders rather than 2.

Tbf this is Tony Mowbray we're talking about. "Sam Gallagher on the right wing" Tony Mowbray. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He was last season and on the back of also losing Holtby, Downing, Evans and Trybull, we look so depleted there.

Reach probably won't be a direct replacement for Rothwell anyway.Just my opinion but don't reckon Rothwell will be that big a loss has a good 20 or 30 minute spell every 6 or 7 matches 

this potential reach signing is another bradley johnson,an over the hill player who`s going to get one last big contract,very much a mowbray type player,easy to manage because he`ll be content to just pick up his wages without fuss,tony does`nt do ambitious,young and hungry  player,if you are then you`ll be sold,benched or played out of position till you get the message and knuckle down under tony`s crap methods

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

this potential reach signing is another bradley johnson,an over the hill player who`s going to get one last big contract,very much a mowbray type player,easy to manage because he`ll be content to just pick up his wages without fuss,tony does`nt do ambitious,young and hungry  player,if you are then you`ll be sold,benched or played out of position till you get the message and knuckle down under tony`s crap methods

Is 28 over the hill these days. Not advocating the signing BTW. 

Edited by Lucimo

25 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Depends on the fee we receive for Rothwell, but if over a million and we get a more proven championship player

Biggest load of crap I've heard. 

I know a couple of Wednesday fans and they are giving him a lift to the station.  They say he's slow, a one in 5.  

Rothwell has more ability in his little toe and can glide.past players without thinking about it.  A good coach will have seen that and will get that out of him at critical times in the game and in critical positions.

Mogadon is a shit manager who's messed the lad about.  Can imagine in training..."We'll have none of them stepovers like Joe like...., none of that shit eh, Dave?"

I'm worried. 

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Reach is 28 years old.Yes he has had a poor last couple of seasons but not many Wednesday players come out with credit during that time.

If your employer didn't pay your wages on a number of occasions but was still actively trying to employ people to your workforce would you be 100% motivated or would it affect you?

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Biggest load of crap I've heard. 

I know a couple of Wednesday fans and they are giving him a lift to the station.  They say he's slow, a one in 5.  

Rothwell has more ability in his little toe and can glide.past players without thinking about it.  A good coach will have seen that and will get that out of him at critical times in the game and in critical positions.

Mogadon is a shit manager who's messed the lad about.  Can imagine in training..."We'll have none of them stepovers like Joe like...., none of that shit eh, Dave?"

I'm worried. 

Lol if Rothwell is as good as you say then why has he spent the majority of his time here in and out of the side?

Why was he not a regular at league one Oxford?

Why have his unbelievable talents not been spotted by other clubs and why hasn't he been bought?

Be interesting to see the calibre of the side in for him,if indeed there is actually anyone in for him?

Reach has had a 5 million move in his career and played many many many more matches at championship level that Rothwell.

At 26 years of age Rothwell has never been a regular

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Lol if Rothwell is as good as you say then why has he spent the majority of his time here in and out of the side?

Why was he not a regular at league one Oxford?

Mogadon is a knob

We bought him, couldn't have been that shyte...although I slightly contradict myself because Mogadon bought him.

It's sad to see the squad we have and taking creativity away is just stupid.  Joke🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sparks Rover

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Mogadon is a knob

We bought him, couldn't have been that shyte...although I slightly contradict myself because Mogadon bought him.

It's sad to see the squad we have and taking creativity away is just stupid.  Joke🤷‍♂️

Agreed the squad is shit but Rothwell's creativity appears once every ten matches or so.

You can't just blame Mowbray,he was in league one before he and at the time didn't seem like we fought off a lot of clubs for his signature.

And Rovers will be watched weekly by scouts data analyst etc yet Rothwell hasn't been bought despite the fact he could be got for relatively cheap

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I’ve changed my mind. Reach in, Rothwell out. Team news imminent…

If true that's a truly appalling piece of business. Reach is a cart horse, like a modern version of Rick Holden, the scruffy, useless Oldham/City winger from the late 90s. And I'll bet he gets a boro style length of contract.

Mark my words, this lad is crap.

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Agreed the squad is shit but Rothwell's creativity appears once every ten matches or so.

You can't just blame Mowbray,he was in league one before he and at the time didn't seem like we fought off a lot of clubs for his signature.

And Rovers will be watched weekly by scouts data analyst etc yet Rothwell hasn't been bought despite the fact he could be got for relatively cheap

People on here says earlier say someone could be in...I don't know mate...he can do some things that Mowbray should be killing himself to get out of him each game...no plan nothing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Rothwell will be going straight into the Cairney/Raya bracket of players we sell/let go due to managers not being able to handle quality. 

Nyambe will join that list soon enough.

Raya and Cairney were far better than Rothwell here.

I take your point on our coaching staff not getting the best out of players but Rothwell was in and out of the side in league one

He is 26 and his numbers in terms of assists and goals is woeful.

He is way overrated (initially by myself in his first season) because he is a nice dribbler and gets you off your seat but I soon learned not to waste my energy getting up off it as 9.5 times out of 10 he does nothing with it 

Edited by islander200

23 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Is 28 over the hill these days. Not advocating the signing BTW. 

you can over the hill at any age,due to injuries,motivation,attitude or any number of factors,shevchenko for example was well past it when he signed for chelsea,despite only being 30,maybe reach is`nt shot,it just seems to me that tony only goes for shopworn players because they are content not to rock the dressing room whereas a young,hungry player will take more managing,tony does`nt do managing,coaching or seemingly anything,he`s already said he does`nt monitor fitness levels,we don`t practice set pieces and he does`nt do tactics,not a lot happens at brockhall by all accounts🤫

• Like 1