BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 minute ago, 47er said:

What happened to the gradual rebuilding plan which would take us back to the Premiership?

Clearly we are desperately looking around for loans before the first match!

it`s all a journey mate and a mowbray journey is a very long one indeed,it`s taken him 5 seasons and we are still in the lower abyss of the championship😉 the chances of a return to the premier league under venkys and mowbray are astronomical,there is more chance of donald trump winning the nobel peace prize

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 47er said:

What happened to the gradual rebuilding plan which would take us back to the Premiership?

Clearly we are desperately looking around for loans before the first match!

Like the Journey, the rebuild has probably just been reset because TM can say whatever he wants.

Sharpe saying Rothwell has been struggling with a back injury throughout pre-season and he should be back training tomorrow. 

Not the one out of the door? Or the has move fallen through and now he's back in training?

15 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Where did he play out of interest? Happens with a lot of younger players, have talent but it needs moulding into a proper footballer.

I must say he looks a real prospect.

Yeah, he represented hyndburn and Ribble Valley and Lancashire at schoolboy level...I know he was at Liverpool,  to be fair I was surprised he turned up here.  Still only 1 game not to get carried away..

Was a forward not a defender so if can get to the line perhaps he will think like an attacker.

29 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I can't believe how short sighted we have been with regards to recruitment.

Apparently we have a recruitment department.   What have they been doing every day when they go in to the office🤷‍♂️?

No boss, have they all just been chucking shit about all day, wet paper bombs off rulers at each other?  

• Like 4

He was trying to build but hes cocked it up as last season showed. His barbed comments about needing 100 million covering the fact he's blown a fortune in the last 3 seasons but spun it onto that.

Now due to the continuing gullibility of these owners he's managed to rip up the posts and move them yet again. He'll be hiding behind cost cutting this season without the least hint of irony he's a massive contributor to landing us in that position.

Teflon Tony.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Maybe he thinks this is all a laughing matter and a big joke.

I don't think risking Championship status is a joke, not when it could be devastating to this club. Yet that is exactly what they are doing by allowing this situation to unfold of releasing half a squad with no plan and few options to replace them other than waiting for hand outs.

I don't think it is funny that his management has wasted countless millions, including dishing out helpful contracts to his favourites for no reason.

Maybe he thinks acting as a feeder/leaser club for 'giants' to offload their kids like a parent sends their toddlers off to nursery for the day is all Blackburn Rovers should be. No other Championship club would accept this. 

Why have we just employed his mate to lead recruitment if this is the sum total of our ambitions?

No mention of the owners and their generosity again. Isn't it amazing how they suddenly disappear out of the picture when the cupboard is bare?

The most annoying thing is that these Prem youngsters aren't bloody cheap to loan in. 

It's just wasted money for an asset that isn't yours. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

He was trying to build but hes cocked it up as last season showed. His barbed comments about needing 100 million covering the fact he's blown a fortune in the last 3 seasons but spun it onto that.

Now due to the continuing gullibility of these owners he's managed to rip up the posts and move them yet again. He'll be hiding behind cost cutting this season without the least hint of irony he's a massive contributor to landing us in that position.

Teflon Tony.

do you think he`ll finish at the end of the season and claim he`s done his job and we are in a better position now than we were then he first started

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

do you think he`ll finish at the end of the season and claim he`s done his job and we are in a better position now than we were then he first started

No i think he'll be looking to get another contract here claiming a new phase of 'the journey' has just begun.

Sitting in the mid/lower mid of the championship rotating young players, using big club loans and getting a pat on the back. And bringing in more mates on the staff and squad will suit him just fine.

The pressure free expectationless enviroment he craves, along with being talked of as a revolutionary youth based manager with a footballing philosophy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Mowbray isn't the man to do it, but I'd actually be extremely happy if Rovers turned into an entertaining mid-table Championship side that blooded Academy players every year before selling them on for a profit.

At least we'd have an identity. We've lacked that for over a decade. How I miss Hughes' Black-eye Rovers. 

bring back the bully boy era😀

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Mowbray isn't the man to do it, but I'd actually be extremely happy if Rovers turned into an entertaining mid-table Championship side that blooded Academy players every year before selling them on for a profit.

At least we'd have an identity. We've lacked that for over a decade. How I miss Hughes' Black-eye Rovers. 

So would i but like you say not lead by the inmates who've blown the backing they've had thats pushed us into having no other option.

A vibrant hard headed manager will lead to a team in a similar vein given a fair wind.  Blend that with a handy bit of backing when it's available and then build over 2 or 3 years.

A dullard trying to look after his mates and just putting his finger in the dyke to sustain midtable football will blow up in the faces again at some point. Then there'll be another mess to clean up.

7 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Me too.  I could very much get behind that.  Not with Mowbray's crab football though. 

It's where we were In the 80s.  We'd see enthusiasm and maximum effort each week from the young lads. All you want as a fan.   The academy being the life line for  Rovers post Jack was his biggest ambition. 

Maybe, just maybe. 

A disgustingly shambolic state of affairs. It seems almost implausible that we are unable to sign permanent players when we have trimmed so much from the wage bill from last year. It feels so much hinges on Armstrong being sold for a strong figure and we clearly haven't done any planning in regards to that potentially not taking place.

Frustrating to see people making such assertive and final comments about a player given one performance against a European elite winger who's sought after by Liverpool in a reported £38m deal...

If Ben Brereton has taught us anything, which seemingly he hasn't, surely it's that we need to be more patient. 

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Frustrating to see people making such assertive and final comments about a player given one performance against a European elite winger who's sought after by Liverpool in a reported £38m deal...

If Ben Brereton has taught us anything, which seemingly he hasn't, surely it's that we need to be more patient. 

Patience is running out Joe. He's had years to get the defence right and seemingly he's bought another average Joe.🤷‍♂️ another young lad happy to be here.

• Like 1

Just now, JoeH said:

I haven't gone back and read everyone's comments, so I could be wrong, but I haven't seen much which I'd describe as final.

I wasn't able to go yesterday, so I can't judge either way, but I agree broadly that early games can be great or dreadful and don't necessarily mean much in the long run. Remember Andre Ooijer having an absolute horror show of a debut against Chelsea, and he turned out to be a really excellent player for us. Everything we've read/heard about Pickering so far means that we should stay optimistic for a good while longer I think.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

It's just people commenting on what was seen last night.  Nobody has written him off.  Is he quick? It would appear not.  Did he get a bit of a roasting from their winger? Yes.  He won't play against that quality every week but he will be up against quick wide players most weeks in the championship.

If you sign a highly rated player from a lower league, there are usually some attributes that make you think 'he's got something' even if it's not the finished article.  Judging from the 2 games he's started that's not apparent so far.

The young lad Cirino had the pace to keep their winger in check.  On last night's showing, he looked the better of the 2.  

As you say, early days though, he may turn out to be very solid and offer a decent output further up the field.  Hopefully his 'leadership' qualities will also come through

11 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

It's just people commenting on what was seen last night.  Nobody has written him off.  Is he quick? It would appear not.  Did he get a bit of a roasting from their winger? Yes.  He won't play against that quality every week but he will be up against quick wide players most weeks in the championship.

If you sign a highly rated player from a lower league, there are usually some attributes that make you think 'he's got something' even if it's not the finished article.  Judging from the 2 games he's started that's not apparent so far.

The young lad Cirino had the pace to keep their winger in check.  On last night's showing, he looked the better of the 2.  

As you say, early days though, he may turn out to be very solid and offer a decent output further up the field.  Hopefully his 'leadership' qualities will also come through

Lets not get carried away with either performance. Cirino looked decent in his spell, but a promising 30 minutes in a preseason game doesn't make you a future starter.

Pickering did his job admirably I felt, yes looks a little one paced perhaps, but what do people expect?

There was a moment in the first half when Raphinha did him for pace on the outside, Pickering tracked back and most importantly....DIDN'T DIVE IN, potentially giving away a penalty! He managed to wrestle back some control in the situation, the Leeds winger checked back in and delivered a cross on his weaker foot that was defended well by Carter.

I'd rather have Pickering than Barry Douglas.

• Like 3