BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

My thoughts on it are there's a contract on the table for reach. He's ex Boro so it'll be a good one and they'll be waiting as usual for him to decide.  It'll be set to suck up the majority of wages that have been allowed to be spent from those released.

Then it's a case of if he accepts then the few peanuts left will go to something very cheap. If he declines there's a few more shirt buttons to put towards a few better loans.

A revolutionary way to do business but as we know a good wage always seems available to anybody whose dots join the right way.

29 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Mowbray is doing what he does best - absolving himself from any blame as he sees the writing on the wall. He has never once accepted any culpability in the mess Rovers have become for a large part of his tenure. He is a self serving, egotistical pillock and I just wish he would piss off away from my club.

He doesn't do accepting blame 

I was thinking about this actually, how all the good managers do it. I suppose it's easy for them though, Klopp or Pep. When they are winning more than not. Mowbray is a loser basically, like definitely last season. So it probably really stings to admit that. At his age though, he should be able to. He is a highly paid manager , just one level below arguably the biggest league in the world. Yet, he can't and won't. It's a very bad trait in a person. 

• Like 1

Reach is probably weighing up his options, stringing it out as long as he can to get the best deal for himself. 

After his latest excuse making of the squad being too young, If Mowbray just ends up doing his usual of loaning other clubs' young players, then he's going to look an even bigger fool than usual.

We need players with experience and presence to help our young players along.

11 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Moyes rang AA up promising him more Freedom to express himself playing alongside their Bad Boys. He said "I'm Your Man!".

Can tell you're a DJ mate it took me 5 mins to think of one ref to Wham. You've dropped 3 in at once 🤣

• Like 4

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

I'd agree if the club didn't need money being brought in in the next 12 months to prevent us being sanctioned again.

If we don't sell Armstrong and let him go on a free who are we selling for 10+ million next summer?

Would we be that much worse off?

We wouldn't be forking out on 5 loan fees of say £500k and wouldn't be paying a contribution of say £20k p.w. towards said players wages. So £3.5m saved there.

Plus if any of our own players come along well, we'd have options to balance the books in due course whereas if they're kept out of the team we'll never know and their value will never increase.

10 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

We thought this Last Christmas ..and look how the second half of the season turned out ..

Last Christmas he gave us some heart

But the very next day (or month) he gave it away

This year to save us from tears

We should give it to someone better.

(Can't stand Wham either) 🤣

• Like 5

11 hours ago, 47er said:

Well, if he is, its taken 3 years to get there and his contract is up in a year, so he could bugger off for nothing.

Does that represent 7M well invested to you?

That wasn’t what I said, he is a championship level player now, regardless of fee or time. 

If we do lose him for nothing then obviously that’s awful business, if he signs a new deal then you can bet we’ll get our money back minimum 

50 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Would we be that much worse off?

We wouldn't be forking out on 5 loan fees of say £500k and wouldn't be paying a contribution of say £20k p.w. towards said players wages. So £3.5m saved there.

Plus if any of our own players come along well, we'd have options to balance the books in due course whereas if they're kept out of the team we'll never know and their value will never increase.

The LT claimed that the most we contributed to a wage last season was 10k pw.

23 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I was guesstimating a total of £20k p.w. for five players I.e. wage contribution of £4k per week on average. Might be on the low side.

Whilst Elliott and THB were good we could easily end up with 5 like Douglas, Trybull or Branthwaite as well.

25 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

If we were chucking 10k pwk to each of Douglas, Trybull etc it's still hard to argue it's good business. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

So someone through the door tomorrow then, one way or another. At least it will give us something to talk about m.

Think it’s Rothwell away, and either Reach in or Doyle on loan from City.

Has the doorman at Ewood, been made use of yet ?

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, Kie_BRFC said:

That wasn’t what I said, he is a championship level player now, regardless of fee or time. 

If we do lose him for nothing then obviously that’s awful business, if he signs a new deal then you can bet we’ll get our money back minimum 

The point is its not in our hands is it? He holds all the cards .Never should have been bought in the first place---nothing happened for 2 years!

But now it might his contract is running down!!

Brilliant--you could't make it up.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If we were chucking 10k pwk to each of Douglas, Trybull etc it's still hard to argue it's good business. 

Think it was said in the LT we were only contributing £2k p.w. to Trybull. Still 2k too much for me.

The rest were presumably all more expensive.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

We should’ve got whatever money we could at the start of the window for Armstrong and used it to pay off Mowbray, Venus, Lowe, and whoever else, as well as Waggott. A compensation package should’ve been agreed with Wycombe for Ainsworth and Tom Finn should’ve been approach with a sincere apology and a handsome offer to try and get the club back on track.

Absolutely spot on.

I'd still do that now and the one thing you could say is that we'd get more for Armstrong now than we would have done at the start of the window.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m not even that bothered by the lack of signings at this point, and I’m certainly not surprised.

We should’ve got whatever money we could at the start of the window for Armstrong and used it to pay off Mowbray, Venus, Lowe, and whoever else, as well as Waggott. A compensation package should’ve been agreed with Wycombe for Ainsworth and Tom Finn should’ve been approach with a sincere apology and a handsome offer to try and get the club back on track.

Just a quick one on Waggott, if his salary was talked about weekly instead of annually, it becomes apparent he earns more than most of our first team squad. More than we are offering Nyambe. It’s ridiculous.

I’d be happy going into the next season with no new signings, but with major changes in the dugout and boardroom, in fact, I’d be delighted.

Absoloutely.  

That aside, the only focus from the club should be to get the decent lads we have signed up long term.  Don't waste the money on loans, use it to up the contract offers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m not even that bothered by the lack of signings at this point, and I’m certainly not surprised.

Just a quick one on Waggott, if his salary was talked about weekly instead of annually, it becomes apparent he earns more than most of our first team squad. More than we are offering Nyambe. It’s ridiculous.

I’d be happy going into the next season with no new signings, but with major changes in the dugout and boardroom, in fact, I’d be delighted.

Spot on!!

• Like 1