BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

41 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m not even that bothered by the lack of signings at this point, and I’m certainly not surprised.

We should’ve got whatever money we could at the start of the window for Armstrong and used it to pay off Mowbray, Venus, Lowe, and whoever else, as well as Waggott. A compensation package should’ve been agreed with Wycombe for Ainsworth and Tom Finn should’ve been approach with a sincere apology and a handsome offer to try and get the club back on track.

Just a quick one on Waggott, if his salary was talked about weekly instead of annually, it becomes apparent he earns more than most of our first team squad. More than we are offering Nyambe. It’s ridiculous.

I’d be happy going into the next season with no new signings, but with major changes in the dugout and boardroom, in fact, I’d be delighted.

thats the progressive way of running a football club with people who run the club for the fans and the players,this lot are running it for their own benefit,they` ve convinced venkys that everything will be ok in their hands and they don`t need to get involved,mowbray and swag both a pair of leeches,said in past posts this era is worse than the kean one because both of them are destroying the club and they are quite aware of it and doing it to line their own pockets

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Reach signing for West brom shows one thing, he's better than a lot on here were giving him credit for! 

Indeed but given our track record of signings can you blame anyone for being wary? 

Another case of other clubs surprisingly also wanting players. 

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Last Christmas he gave us some heart

But the very next day (or month) he gave it away

This year to save us from tears

We should give it to someone better.

(Can't stand Wham either) 🤣

We just have to give it "one more try"

You gotta have "Faith"

Give him to Christmas, but with Venkys "do they know its Chirstmas?"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Indeed but given our track record of signings can you blame anyone for being wary? 

Wouldn't say the transfer track record is so bad that we should just assume every signing will be bad. A lot of people gave reasons why Reach would be decent ,beyond just assuming he would be shite based off comments on another forum and the fact he's ex Boro. 

17 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Yep, the usual "we had an offer in for him but were pipped at the post by someone offering more" sob story no doubt.

How long's Park been here now? 2 weeks?

Nice "work" if you can get it.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Reach signing for West brom shows one thing, he's better than a lot on here were giving him credit for! 

Nah, will be a bench warmer there, I guarantee. Not a bad player to have as a squad filler - if we signed him he would be heralded as a marquee signing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Nah, will be a bench warmer there, I guarantee. Not a bad player to have as a squad filler - if we signed him he would be heralded as a marquee signing.

I don't think anyone would have heralded him as a marquee signing to be honest 

Ya, I'd say he will he a rotation player there. Then again, the guy plays more often than not whereever he has been 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Good enough for a Premier League team with an excellent up and coming manager 😉

So was the other fella we lost out to them on but i don't think hes done much since he signed there.

Thing is clubs in that position can play around with signings like this, if they've given him 15k pwk like he was probably on it's still cheap to them. It doesn't automatically stamp him as a good player. He's just filling out the squad to them.

I'm more concerned yet again that we we've only been linked with him given the money he was on. Indicates yet again that TMs crew will pay big wages if it's a guy he knows and likes personally.

Yet there isn't money for what we really really need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

The point is its not in our hands is it? He holds all the cards .Never should have been bought in the first place---nothing happened for 2 years!

But now it might his contract is running down!!

Brilliant--you could't make it up.

Yeah but my point was that he’s a championship quality player. The post I replied to said he wasn’t.

Your point is correct that it’s not in our hands, but that’s not what I was arguing. We absolutely should have spent that money differently, same with Gallagher. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I’m not even that bothered by the lack of signings at this point, and I’m certainly not surprised.

We should’ve got whatever money we could at the start of the window for Armstrong and used it to pay off Mowbray, Venus, Lowe, and whoever else, as well as Waggott. A compensation package should’ve been agreed with Wycombe for Ainsworth and Tom Finn should’ve been approach with a sincere apology and a handsome offer to try and get the club back on track.

Just a quick one on Waggott, if his salary was talked about weekly instead of annually, it becomes apparent he earns more than most of our first team squad. More than we are offering Nyambe. It’s ridiculous.

I’d be happy going into the next season with no new signings, but with major changes in the dugout and boardroom, in fact, I’d be delighted.

I like this a lot, although if we did sell Armstrong and made no signings, we'd almost certainly be relegated. Very much a catch 22.