BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Don't get me wrong, Mowbray is well out of his depth, it is his fault that the squad is as it is. But a bit of me almost feels sorry for him, again the manager has become the smokescreen before the real masters of our downfall hidden away in India. That sympathy goes soon after because if the owners cared, he wouldnt he here.

There just is no plan or strategy at all, and we seem to be having a similar summer to the one in which we ended up going down. Its ok looking to make a profit in the window, to cut the wage bill etc, but you can do it competitively and constructively. Not by just turning off the taps completely.

We have been reported to have offered contracts to 2 freebies, very average Championship players in Mpanzu and Reach, neither have chose us. We don't have a competitive budget even if it was just a fraction of the massive wage saving we have just made losing a dozen players, only able to beg for kids from the big clubs on loan. We cant even guarantee that a penny of the sale of our key player will be reinvested, by all means keep some to cover running costs, but not all.

To think that anyone has the brass neck to defend them at any point. Everything screams that we are likely to go down.

Also, any supposed ITK intel seems to be well off the mark.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Don't get me wrong, Mowbray is well out of his depth, it is his fault that the squad is as it is. But a bit of me almost feels sorry for him, again the manager has become the smokescreen before the real masters of our downfall hidden away in India. That sympathy goes soon after because if the owners cared, he wouldnt he here.

There just is no plan or strategy at all, and we seem to be having a similar summer to the one in which we ended up going down. Its ok looking to make a profit in the window, to cut the wage bill etc, but you can do it competitively and constructively. Not by just turning off the taps completely.

We have been reported to have offered contracts to 2 freebies, very average Championship players in Mpanzu and Reach, neither have chose us. We don't have a competitive budget even if it was just a fraction of the massive wage saving we have just made losing a dozen players, only able to beg for kids from the big clubs on loan. We cant even guarantee that a penny of the sale of our key player will be reinvested, by all means keep some to cover running costs, but not all.

To think that anyone has the brass neck to defend them at any point. Everything screams that we are likely to go down.

Also, any supposed ITK intel seems to be well off the mark.

Players don't want to come here because of the manager though. 2 wins in 17. The likes of Downing giving out about him. Yes, the absentee owners are ultimately to blame, but Mowbray himself is a major problem at this point. As for the plan and strategy, well that's what Mowbray has been tasked with taking care of and he has been claiming to know what he is doing for the last 3 years. 

The saddest thing for me is, with just a change of management and the current squad, I think we could be competitive next season. Let alone if a new man was given the Armstromg money to reinvest 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Thankfully no Reach, think it would have been a downgrade on Rothwell.

Joe Rothwell age 26 111 apps(Championship) 7 goals ,8 assists 

Adam Reach age 28 306 app(Championship) 31 goals 42 assists.

Reach got more assists and goals than Rothwell last season too

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Be very worried, corridors thought they had reach, he was given to today to make his decision and we didn’t get there. Blown out the water on wages, we are only getting loans if anything. Utterly bleak for rovers with current regime 

Missing out on him at top end wages is a bullet dodged imo.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Thankfully no Reach, think it would have been a downgrade on Rothwell.

Why is it one or the other? This Rothwell rumour seems to have snowballed from random guesses about a team sheet in which he was one of a number of senior players to miss out, and Mowbray specifically said that he was injured.

Rothwell doesnt even play in the same position and we have lost 11 or 12 players.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Players don't want to come here because of the manager though. 2 wins in 17. The likes of Downing giving out about him. Yes, the absence owners are ultimately to blame, but Mowbray himself is a major problem at this point. As for the plan and strategy, well that's what Mowbray has been tasked with taking care of and he has been claiming to know what he is doing for the last 3 years. 

I very much doubt that players reject us based on a specific run of form within a season, you could equally pick a more favourable run. They will see us as a mid table Championship team, 15th, 11th, 15th, mid table Championship. I am not convinced that players would avoid us because of Mowbray.

Mowbray should be sacked but he isnt the real villain, that was all my point was. Any manager would struggle under the current circumstances, the fact that we have Mowbray just rubs salt into the wounds and leads us towards the bottom of the division sadly. 

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

I massively agree with this. He was reportedly on £23k per week. We wouldn't have been offering those wages, whereas West Brom may have done. We could use that money better.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Not if we don't sign anybody! 

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why is it one or the other? This Rothwell rumour seems to have snowballed from random guesses about a team sheet in which he was one of a number of senior players to miss out, and Mowbray specifically said that he was injured.

Rothwell doesnt even play in the same position and we have lost 11 or 12 players.

I very much doubt that players reject us based on a specific run of form within a season, you could equally pick a more favourable run. They will see us as a mid table Championship team, 15th, 11th, 15th, mid table Championship. I am not convinced that players would avoid us because of Mowbray.

Mowbray should be sacked but he isnt the real villain, that was all my point was. Any manager would struggle under the current circumstances, the fact that we have Mowbray just rubs salt into the wounds and leads us towards the bottom of the division sadly. 

Of course a player would consider that. It shows that at the most recent run of competitive games, we were the worst team in professional football in England. The likelihood would be for that to continue. Other clubs who are "mid-table" have done better business than us and are now more attractive. A player would care far more about our recent results , than say, Venkys being the owners. 

Disagree. What of current circumstances isn't Mowbray responsible for? The owners gave him time and money and let him get on with it. He made some poor big money signings, handed out pointless contracts, oversaw an abysmal run of results that have made the club unattractive and hasn't prepared properly for the exodus of players. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

Even the boro boys are walking away from TM.  What are the odds we start the  with no more signings?

Pretty much a guarantee now.

We'll have offered Reach a contract but with zero back up targets. Sat on our arses waiting for an answer and now he's off elsewhere, it'll be "that's a shame", shoulder shrug and start looking for someone else, which will take another 2 weeks.

Edited by davulsukur

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not if we don't sign anybody! 

Of course a player would consider that. It shows that at the most recent run of competitive games, we were the worst team in professional football in England. The likelihood would be for that to continue. Other clubs who are "mid-table" have done better business than us and are now more attractive. A player would care far more about our recent results , than say, Venkys being the owners. 

Disagree. What of current circumstances isn't Mowbray responsible for? The owners gave him time and money and let him get on with it. He made some poor big money signings, handed out pointless contracts, oversaw an abysmal run of results that have made the club unattractive and hasn't prepared properly for the exodus of players. 

The main thing that will drive most people like anyone in life is going to be money. If we offered more money than another mid table club, a selective run of form last season wont swing the decision. But there is no way that a player would say, they won 2 in 17 at one point last season, I better had go elsewhere. Equally, they could look at a few thrashings that we gave out or isolated runs of 3 and 4 wins, but again form levels out and we finished 15th, which is what they will see.

I dont doubt that Mowbray shouldnt be in the job, and has had loads of time, and competitive resources. But not for the first time, our summer business has been massively impacted by Venkys. By all means try and make a profit with sales v purchases, but not to the point when it isnt competitive, and also the embargo was a huge hindrance.

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

He also said he struggled with the physicality of the championship 

He barely played though - so not sure that excuse washes. The PL where he previously excelled, is not as physcial and he still only played twice in two seasons.

I think a lot of it is mental. Suffered a serious injury and was scared of it happening again. Tried to convert himself as a CB to get away from midfield. 

• Like 1