BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This. There's minimal benefit to the owners of this. Running cost wise the savings would be insignificant out of £20 million a year. This is also something that they could have explored and progressed many year ago if they were interested in such 'projects' yet nothing has happened.

No the drivers of this are the middle men between Ewood Park and India. As you say why so desperate to get this done? Is this for the owners benefit, the club's benefit or others benefit? This is the key question that needs investigating. Much can happen in the chasm between here and Pune.

Personally I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them.

Can't help but think someone has befriended or been befriended by some council spiv who wants the training ground within the towns boundaries. Someone who happens to have another friend who can obtain cheap land for the project.

Suddenly it becomes a nice little idea if they can get it past the owners under the cost cutting banner. The idea of revolutionizing the training set up just becomes the strap line to sell the idea.

Then factor in a management set up who don't really fancy the academy system. A set up who have been busy building up and bringing in their own allies for player recruitment. It's all pointing one way.

At the heart of it all though will be a nice drink for a few people.

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This. There's minimal benefit to the owners of this. Running cost wise the savings would be insignificant out of £20 million a year. This is also something that they could have explored and progressed many year ago if they were interested in such 'projects' yet nothing has happened.

No the drivers of this are the middle men between Ewood Park and India. As you say why so desperate to get this done? Is this for the owners benefit, the club's benefit or others benefit? This is the key question that needs investigating. Much can happen in the chasm between here and Pune.

Personally I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them.

Or as far as I could piss of a Blackpool pier in the face of a February gale.

I’m still trying to remain positive, but there is nothing coming out of the club that is remotely positive.

Yes a few young lads are getting a chance but that is more out of sheer desperation. There’s a couple gems but a lot of them aren’t up to the standard we need.

is Ayala injured again? We need minimum 5 signings and none look imminent. Top half this season would be a miracle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I’m still trying to remain positive, but there is nothing coming out of the club that is remotely positive.

Yes a few young lads are getting a chance but that is more out of sheer desperation. There’s a couple gems but a lot of them aren’t up to the standard we need.

is Ayala injured again? We need minimum 5 signings and none look imminent. Top half this season would be a miracle.

Cant belive we are going into a season with one CB and one RB and an untried at this level LB, a crock of a CB  and untried kids as our defense we have got to be Very lucky,  i can only see one out come from this season, hope i have to eat my words but dont think so.

On 23/07/2021 at 23:10, Miller11 said:

We do know that they weren’t deemed good enough by the players to sign.

Very true Miller11 but What do these players want wages wise and is that the only reason why they wont sign new contract like Armstrong wants PL Football

Was reading through a load of Bolton fans comments before on the game today.  Many saying how bad Rovers were and how much they felt really connected to their club again. Some saying they were going to sell 10k STs and the club had the feel of how it did a decade or so ago again.

We've finally got our club back said others whilst the general gist is they wouldn't want to swap places with us at any price.

Says it all when some of ours would gladly swap places with them just to feel cleansed of this farcical era.

• Like 1

so after 8 days away on Holidays its seems like they has been very little rumours or players being linked to Rovers over that 8 days period. 

Got to say I am not bothered that we have missed out on Adam Reach. Not sure he improved our team. 

Reading Mowbray's post match comments its appear Loans from PL clubs and possible free transfers. 

So I would look to sign Tom Lees and Connor Ogilvie on free transfers and look to sign Patrick Roberts from Man City. 

I think Mowbray will target Adam Idah from Norwich on loan to replace Armstrong if he is sold. I would prefer a permanent replacement of course and I would look on someone like Tyler Walker from Coventry or Yakou Méïté from Reading. I would like Cauley Woodrow from Barnsley or Lawrence Shankland from Dundee United but not sure we will have that sort of funds to replace him with. I am also in favour of keeping Conor McBride around the first team squad and playing when required. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

so after 8 days away on Holidays its seems like they has been very little rumours or players being linked to Rovers over that 8 days period. 

Got to say I am not bothered that we have missed out on Adam Reach. Not sure he improved our team. 

Reading Mowbray's post match comments its appear Loans from PL clubs and possible free transfers. 

So I would look to sign Tom Lees and Connor Ogilvie on free transfers and look to sign Patrick Roberts from Man City. 

I think Mowbray will target Adam Idah from Norwich on loan to replace Armstrong if he is sold. I would prefer a permanent replacement of course and I would look on someone like Tyler Walker from Coventry or Yakou Méïté from Reading. I would like Cauley Woodrow from Barnsley or Lawrence Shakeland from Dundee United but not sure we will have that sort of funds to replace him with. I am also in favour of keeping Conor McBride around the first team squad and playing when required. 

woodrow or shankland would be great signings imo but unfortunately i don`t think either of them are mowbray type players,woodrow is a bit of a target man and shankland is an out and out goalscorer,difficult to see either of them fitting in with his possesion based gubbins

On 30/07/2021 at 12:34, Miller11 said:

I’m not even that bothered by the lack of signings at this point, and I’m certainly not surprised.

We should’ve got whatever money we could at the start of the window for Armstrong and used it to pay off Mowbray, Venus, Lowe, and whoever else, as well as Waggott. A compensation package should’ve been agreed with Wycombe for Ainsworth and Tom Finn should’ve been approach with a sincere apology and a handsome offer to try and get the club back on track.

Just a quick one on Waggott, if his salary was talked about weekly instead of annually, it becomes apparent he earns more than most of our first team squad. More than we are offering Nyambe. It’s ridiculous.

I’d be happy going into the next season with no new signings, but with major changes in the dugout and boardroom, in fact, I’d be delighted.

I agree that Mowbray, Venus and Lowe should have been replaced. even Mowbray after last season failure should have change his coaching staff and replace Venus and Lowe with Johnson as number 2 and Barr as first team coach now we lost Barr to Salford. 

Agree on Waggott. 

Not sure Tom Finn would come back even after 9 years leaving his club. He was deeply hurt by what Venkys have done and how they did it. Have you spoken to him recently? 

Agreed on Ainsworth coming in as manager or even appointing Damien Johnson as manager with his own 2 assistants like Rob Kelly or James Beattie(Both at Wigan with Leam Richardson now btw)

I am disappointed that we haven't signed anyone yet given Mowbray's comments that Harvey leaving would not affect recruitment. If the plan is to bring through more of the young players and we can't spend money due to cutbacks from the owners wanted or FFP rules then just communicate that to the fans. But the Armstrong's money when he is sold some of it must be used to find a suitable replacement for Armstrong. You can't replace him like for like goal return wise but a replacement who can score 15 goals can be find for 3 or 4 million even less. 

• Like 1

If we need a good central defender we could actually afford I would look at Accringtons Australian Cameron Burgess. He played really well last season and was in the team of the league of the year. 

Edited by neophox
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not sure Tom Finn would come back even after 9 years leaving his club. He was deeply hurt by what Venkys have done and how they did it. Have you spoken to him recently? 

I don’t know him personally, but by all accounts he still cares deeply about the club.

We are going into the season with only 2 players aged 30 and over, neither of whom seemingly can stay fit, especially Ayala who seems unwilling to play under any pain whatsoever. We seem destined only to loan more kids.

When we inevitably hit poor runs of form as all teams do, where is the leadership and experience to get us through it? No character, no backbone, trouble ahead.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

Just what is really driving this Brockall stuff though ?

When the owners continue to 10/20 million in at the top end and allow contracts for the likes of Ayala why is the club so desperate for a couple of million quid from a land sale ?

This really really stinks and could well be the worst move these lot have inflicted on this club. And that takes some doing yet the first mention of it and berks will come out of the woodwork saying it's a good idea.

There is something at the heart of it very wrong and that will be some eyeing a quick few quid for their own pockets.

The owners are no longer comfortable with £20m a season. They are going back to their original funding ideas when they purchased the club of £5-7m only per season. If a good deal comes through they may increase to fund this.

Waggott and Mowbray have been informed in the past couple of weeks and therefore have to cut everything down to that funding requirement. The new operating budget for everything is £16-18m a season.

The analysis team and recruitment team are being downsized as is the u23s and youth teams. Backroom team such as Damien Johnson and Lowe may also be off shortly as well. A cut of all of the none football side is also happening, maintenance, marketing, commercial, catering, club shop, office staff etc.

Moving to one base at brockall will also save close to £1m a season. It maybe exempt from FFP but Venky's are no longer funding an open cheque book approach so has to be cut.

26 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I don’t know him personally, but by all accounts he still cares deeply about the club.

That's my understanding aswell

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We are going into the season with only 2 players aged 30 and over, neither of whom seemingly can stay fit, especially Ayala who seems unwilling to play under any pain whatsoever. We seem destined only to loan more kids.

When we inevitably hit poor runs of form as all teams do, where is the leadership and experience to get us through it? No character, no backbone, trouble ahead.

Is that a problem not having players over 30 years old? 

Surely we quality players whoever they are. 

If Mowbray is only allow to bring in loans what can he do? It's seems the wage budget has been cut this season and the owners aren't willing to keep funding at the same level as past seasons. 

I have suggested potential free transfers and loans targets plus Armstrong's replacements. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have suggested potential free transfers and loans targets plus Armstrong's replacements. 

You were all over this lad from Crewe who turns out to be very average to say the least, so we will take your suggestions with a pinch of salt. They'll get us relegated mate.

Edited by Sparks Rover

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You were all over this lad from Crewe who turns out to be very average to say the least, so we will take your suggestions with a pinch of salt. They'll get us relegated mate.

Buy league one players…

• Like 2

Just now, J*B said:

Buy league one players…

The right ones....I get loads of shit for it but whiteman at Preston should have come here. Big mistake when we were giving contracts and good money to loads of crap. 🤷‍♂️ steady championship player now with goals added to his game...he's a 40 game a season midfielder who can pass, score, dictate.  We miss that.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

The right ones....I get loads of shit for it but whiteman at Preston should have come here. Big mistake when we were giving contracts and good money to loads of crap. 🤷‍♂️ steady championship player now with goals added to his game...he's a 40 game a season midfielder who can pass, score, dictate.  We miss that.

7/10 player every week. I rate him, but obviously not as highly as you. I wouldn’t have signed him myself. 

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

7/10 player every week. I rate him, but obviously not as highly as you. I wouldn’t have signed him myself. 

Fair enough, we need to strengthen that area and quickly.  A bad start could be a real problem with a lot of youngsters about the midfield and in the squad generally. 

I'm worried.