BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Fair enough, we need to strengthen that area and quickly.  A bad start could be a real problem with a lot of youngsters about the midfield and in the squad generally. 

I'm worried.

We’re not signing anyone, we’re a laughing stock. Here’s a message I received from a good source -

It’s horrendous. I’ve never known the club this low…players demanding meetings with him (Waggott)…people running around like headless chickens, no staff…

• Like 4

Just now, J*B said:

We’re not signing anyone, we’re a laughing stock. Here’s a message I received from a good source -

It’s horrendous. I’ve never known the club this low…players demanding meetings with him (Waggott)…people running around like headless chickens, no staff…

I wouldn't be surprised to see Diaz, Armstrong and Rothwell gone.

33 minutes ago, phili said:

The owners are no longer comfortable with £20m a season. They are going back to their original funding ideas when they purchased the club of £5-7m only per season. If a good deal comes through they may increase to fund this.

Waggott and Mowbray have been informed in the past couple of weeks and therefore have to cut everything down to that funding requirement. The new operating budget for everything is £16-18m a season.

The analysis team and recruitment team are being downsized as is the u23s and youth teams. Backroom team such as Damien Johnson and Lowe may also be off shortly as well. A cut of all of the none football side is also happening, maintenance, marketing, commercial, catering, club shop, office staff etc.

Moving to one base at brockall will also save close to £1m a season. It maybe exempt from FFP but Venky's are no longer funding an open cheque book approach so has to be cut.

Hi how do you know all this? It certainly has the feel of what you say is happening. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phili said:

A couple of friends who are very close to the club. 

Oh dear!! 
The problem is, they did this before and we ended up getting relegated to league one. If it happens again we might end up like Sunderland or Pompey and not be able to get out and be saddled with a huge debt too. 
Do they never learn?😡😡

1 minute ago, roversinmyblood said:

Oh dear!! 
The problem is, they did this before and we ended up getting relegated to league one. If it happens again we might end up like Sunderland or Pompey and not be able to get out and be saddled with a huge debt too. 
Do they never learn?😡😡

any chance the indians are getting fed up with their investment and want out??,id`e be willing to take administration and all the short term pain if it just got rid of them and the current two pillocks

• Like 6

1 minute ago, roversinmyblood said:

Oh dear!! 
Do they never learn?😡😡

I think it is more serious this time. Last time nobody touched Brockall, youth, coaches, backroom teams, none football, maintenance etc. and just sold players.

This time Waggott is doing both, decimating the infrastructure and getting rid of players. Getting back from this, will be impossible with Venky's still in place. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, phili said:

The owners are no longer comfortable with £20m a season. They are going back to their original funding ideas when they purchased the club of £5-7m only per season. If a good deal comes through they may increase to fund this.

Waggott and Mowbray have been informed in the past couple of weeks and therefore have to cut everything down to that funding requirement. The new operating budget for everything is £16-18m a season.

The analysis team and recruitment team are being downsized as is the u23s and youth teams. Backroom team such as Damien Johnson and Lowe may also be off shortly as well. A cut of all of the none football side is also happening, maintenance, marketing, commercial, catering, club shop, office staff etc.

Moving to one base at brockall will also save close to £1m a season. It maybe exempt from FFP but Venky's are no longer funding an open cheque book approach so has to be cut.

Yet they won't get shut of the ones who've been wasting their backing by getting nowhere near finishing in the top ten.

Surely after last time they tried this approach and it lead to relegation they don't want a repeat of that.  

Is this really the owners plan or the model the Coventrio have been pitching to them ?  Mowbray seemed to be expecting this he alluded to it before the end of last season. Sorry i'm just not having it they've had it thrust upon them it very much seems like something they are more suited to ability wise.

It WILL end in relegation again if not this season then the one after that all it takes to tip it is a few departures. Lack of ambition will see to that once the good players realize what the craic is.

As for Waggot, Mowbray and co they are in it up to their eyeballs.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

any chance the indians are getting fed up with their investment and want out??,id`e be willing to take administration and all the short term pain if it just got rid of them and the current two pillocks

It's a possibility or a sale. Getting rid of operating costs normally make clubs more attractive to buyers but normally the wrong type of buyers sadly.

I think Venky's have just gone we've spent £70m in the last 3 years and got nothing out of it what so ever. So the club needs to now start operating in a similar manner to Preston and Barnsley who have done a lot more than us over the past 3 seasons. 

I think it is more serious this time. Last time nobody touched Brockall, youth, coaches, backroom teams, none football, maintenance etc. and just sold players.

This time Waggott is doing both, decimating the infrastructure and getting rid of players. Getting back from this, will be impossible with Venky's still in place. 

Wow that is unbelievably depressing!!

Even if they have come to the end of the line, surely nobody would be willing to take the club on with an annual deficit of £20m. 

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yet they won't get shut of the ones who've been wasting their backing by getting nowhere near finishing in the top ten.

Surely after last time they tried this approach and it lead to relegation they don't want a repeat of that.  

Is this really the owners plan of the model the Coventrio have been pitching to them ?  Mowbray seemed to be expecting this he alluded to it before the end of last season. Sorry i'm just not having it they've had it thrust upon them it very much seems like something they are more suited to ability wise.

It WILL end in relegation again if not this season then the one after that all it takes to tip it is a few departures. Lack of ambition will see to that once the good players realize what the craic is.

As for Waggot, Mowbray and co they are in it up to their eyeballs.

I think the trio expected funds from Armstrong sale and the released players to be invested back in the team. Venky's have decided against.

If you look back at how much Venky's put into the club, there was no real difference to them of being in the Championship or League 1, the money they had to spend was identical. Also they got a promotion out of it and has been there only success. So i don't think they really care.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, phili said:

It's a possibility or a sale. Getting rid of operating costs normally make clubs more attractive to buyers but normally the wrong type of buyers sadly.

I think Venky's have just gone we've spent £70m in the last 3 years and got nothing out of it what so ever. So the club needs to now start operating in a similar manner to Preston and Barnsley who have done a lot more than us over the past 3 seasons. 

And the main reason for that is continuing to employ people who just aren't capable of doing what PNE and Barnsley etc do with less at their disposal.

Surely to god at least one of the realizes this ?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

And the main reason for that is continuing to employ people who just aren't capable of doing what PNE and Barnsley etc do with less at their disposal.

Surely to god at least one of the realizes this ?

To be honest I think everyone at Ewood expected the trio to be gone this summer and can't believe they are still employed.

Seems everyone else at Ewood seems to be leaving instead which paints a very depressing picture.

• Like 5

I think the trio expected funds from Armstrong sale and the released players to be invested back in the team. Venky's have decided against.

If you look back at how much Venky's put into the club, there was no real difference to them of being in the Championship or League 1, the money they had to spend was identical. Also they got a promotion out of it and has been there only success. So i don't think they really care.

So their vanity project might be coming to an end or are we just going to be put on the back burner and be the last in any agenda and forgotten about?

Advising my friends and family to lump on relegation at 8/1 seems to be like a ‘license to print money’ as our favourite resident gambler would say. I couldn’t bring myself to do it, but I won’t be having to buy myself a pint for a while after next season! That’ll be the only consolation from what I just know is going to be a horrendous season.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

The difference in income from being a steady championship club to a middling league 1 club will cost them about 10 million in lost revenue. 

Not to mention the thousands of lost fans who may never be interested again in supporting the Rovers. 

• Like 2

The difference in income from being a steady championship club to a middling league 1 club will cost them about 10 million in lost revenue. 

We've dumbed down so much in the past 2 seasons, i think the difference is now going to be £1-2m in lost revenue

Just now, roversinmyblood said:

So their vanity project might be coming to an end or are we just going to be put on the back burner and be the last in any agenda and forgotten about?

Slash and back burner would be the most likely scenario we've feared this type of thing for years.

They lose interest when things aren't going well but won't give their toy away. So just peel off a few layers then stick it on the shelf and put their heads back in the sand until something catches their interest again.

At the end of the day it's stereotypical behaviour for rich spoilt brats.

1 minute ago, phili said:

We've dumbed down so much in the past 2 seasons, i think the difference is now going to be £1-2m in lost revenue

6 million in media income alone plus loss of more fans attending, corporate, sponsorship and so on.

They'd need another big round of cost cutting otherwise it would still cost them 10 million a season. By then of course the club would resemble the Oyston era Blackpool.

6 minutes ago, phili said:

Broadcast revenue will be down 3 million  (Championship 3.8 mill per club) League 1  (667,000 per club)

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Slash and back burner would be the most likely scenario we've feared this type of thing for years.

They lose interest when things aren't going well but won't give their toy away. So just peel off a few layers then stick it on the shelf and put their heads back in the sand until something catches their interest again.

At the end of the day it's stereotypical behaviour for rich spoilt brats.

Managers come in, con the owners that they can deliver the promised land if only they give them time and money and then fail to deliver on the promise. The manager leaves after pocketing a nice salary for a few years, but it’s the fans and club who suffer the consequences. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, phili said:

The sad thing is To fix it, it would be pretty simple. Sack the trio, Bring back Tom Finn and appoint him as Executive Chairman, Ainsworth in as manager and give them £3m for players and what ever they raise as well.

If only that could happen, but sadly they don’t seem to do logic. 

• Like 1