BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 minute ago, perthblue02 said:

Broadcast revenue will be down 3 million  (Championship 3.8 mill per club) League 1  (667,000 per club)

I stand corrected £3m, but i am not sure we'll go down any more fan wise from 5,000 season ticket holders. Commercial income is already incredibly low and likley to stay at that amount.

So we'll be looking at income £9m a season and as we'll like only have kids at the club this season with most of the big earners, brereton, Gallagher, Rothwell, Lenihan all having deals finishing next season which won't be renewed if we are facing relegation. They probably will be able to do next season for £5-7m injection in League 1.

With contracts being what they are it's starting to seem like this may have been the plan for the last few seasons, go for it and if we  don't do it make sure the club can be run on a shoe string in League 1

Hope and pray that they are just going to see out this ffp cycle then get shut of the trio in summer. Should be able to invest a bit again then and start again.

That's probably giving them far too much credit though we are more than likely at the start of another downward spiral.

29 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Wow that is unbelievably depressing!!

Even if they have come to the end of the line, surely nobody would be willing to take the club on with an annual deficit of £20m. 

We are only losing £20m a season because of the way Waggott and Mowbray have run the club.

Bring in a good CEO and Manager and it's probably £10m a season required in its present state maybe less if you can sell a player each season.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Hope and pray that they are just going to see out this ffp cycle then get shut of the trio in summer. Should be able to invest a bit again then and start again.

That's probably giving them far too much credit though we are more than likely at the start of another downward spiral.

I just hope we keep both parts of Brockall and all of the none football and backroom teams, so we can rebuild next year.

Having the 3 of them let loose trying to reduce costs on their own could do untold damage to us.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It’s actually mental that we haven’t even started this season yet and we’re already praying for it to end with us hopefully managing to stay in the division and the current CEO, manager and backroom staff hopefully no longer here, gunna be a long old season this one isn’t it 😭

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phili said:

It's a possibility or a sale. Getting rid of operating costs normally make clubs more attractive to buyers but normally the wrong type of buyers sadly.

I think Venky's have just gone we've spent £70m in the last 3 years and got nothing out of it what so ever. So the club needs to now start operating in a similar manner to Preston and Barnsley who have done a lot more than us over the past 3 seasons. 

As I've said time and again, we have the worst owners in football.

How they think that the solution to losing £70m over the last three years is to retain the morons who have been in charge during that time and sell off our second most valuable asset (after the stadium) - one that allows you to bring in young, cheap players who you can flip for profit - is beyond me. 

No wonder Bolton fans wouldn't swap places with us. 

We've done nothing as fans to deserve this. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

How they think that the solution to losing £70m over the last three years is to retain the morons who have been in charge during that time and sell off our second most valuable asset (after the stadium) - one that allows you to bring in young, cheap players who you can flip for profit - is beyond me. 

Sadly there is nothing we can do about it either.

If Brockall is put up for sale, possibly the fans can buy it or one of our richer fans at least

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's my understanding aswell

Is that a problem not having players over 30 years old? 

Surely we quality players whoever they are. 

If Mowbray is only allow to bring in loans what can he do? It's seems the wage budget has been cut this season and the owners aren't willing to keep funding at the same level as past seasons. 

I have suggested potential free transfers and loans targets plus Armstrong's replacements. 

Specifically the age, of course not. But our squad lacks leadership, character and experience. Our squad was already young and most of the remaining experience is seemingly about to be replaced by kids with presumably little if any senior experience. When a bad run comes around, where are the characters to look to to drag us out? I also dont think we have that much quality but I was specifically pointing out how young our squad will be.

I know its the owners fault. Whilst its hard to be too sympathetic to a manager who under normal circumstances would have long since been sacked, and one who has left us with a very poor squad. It is the owners that I have consistently criticised this summer, I can accept trying to make a profit in the transfer market, but we have lost a big chunk of the wage budget and are about to lose Armstrong and you have to allow at least a small proportion of that budget to be reinvested, otherwise it will end in inevitable relegation, chuck in an unnecessary embargo and it looks grim.

2 hours ago, J*B said:

We’re not signing anyone, we’re a laughing stock. Here’s a message I received from a good source -

It’s horrendous. I’ve never known the club this low…players demanding meetings with him (Waggott)…people running around like headless chickens, no staff…

The same source that suggested that Reach would join and that Rothwell would leave this week?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, roversinmyblood said:

Not to mention the thousands of lost fans who may never be interested again in supporting the Rovers. 

I feel desperately sad that I may be one of these... feel this is my last season if things don't change/we get relegated. 

I can't do L1 again.

Edited by Angry_Pirate

4 hours ago, phili said:

Sadly there is nothing we can do about it either.

If Brockall is put up for sale, possibly the fans can buy it or one of our richer fans at least

I suspect the sale will be a 'done' deal already, friends of friends, .... fucking cunts the lot of them.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You don’t sell them for a profit if you let their contracts run down. Absolute shambles of a club with the trio in Charge. Hope I am just feeling depressed and pessimistic and things work out better than expected, but it is going to be a long season. 

• Like 1

Thanks @phili this is near on exactly what I eluded to earlier. Carnage over there…NO ONE including themselves expected them to still be here. Staffing team getting decimated, internal belief that the trading ground is gone and they’re appalled at the prospect of all being moved to the academy.

I can’t see any of the players due to be out of contract renewing. If they stick with this plan and don’t get rid of the trio then we will be out on a limb with a team full of academy graduates.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Thanks @phili this is near on exactly what I eluded to earlier. Carnage over there…NO ONE including themselves expected them to still be here. Staffing team getting decimated, internal belief that the trading ground is gone and they’re appalled at the prospect of all being moved to the academy.

I can’t see any of the players due to be out of contract renewing. If they stick with this plan and don’t get rid of the trio then we will be out on a limb with a team full of academy graduates.

At least we're nearing the end of the 'journey'. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yet, if you take a straw poll at Ewood on Saturday, I’d wager you’d find the owners have never been as popular.

They’ll complete their 10 year wrecking job with fans eating out of their hands.

Perhaps take one at the end of the season.  This next 12 months may finally be an eye opener for some.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Perhaps take one at the end of the season.  This next 12 months may finally be an eye opener for some.

Maybe, but it will all be a bit late for the penny to drop with third division football, 5,000 crowds, a team of kids and Brockhall gone.

(Though I still expect ‘the fans’ to get most of the blame for ‘not getting behind the club’)

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It's still not clear who is/could be pushing the Brockhall sale.

Is is Venkys, forcing the issue to sell off assets?

Or is it the Coventrio, who upon being told to cut costs, go for what they see as an easy option a la Coventry?

The latter, no doubt IMO. Feeding frenzy time with their noses in the trough before they finally move on.

I have no foundation for this but I believe the sale of the training ground was Mowbrays preferred solution to cost cutting when his promotion push went tits up . I believe Venkies actually pulled the plug on that. He wanted to sell the training ground to prevent cost cutting option B. That’s is the loss of 11 senior players and their wages without any replacements. The sale of Armstrong and Rothwell with no money released. 

Mowbray as squandered money and opportunity on what appears to be his own personal football philosophy vanity trip. He has a job for the boys mentality mainly because he wants the senior professionals to do his job for him. 

I went yesterday and even though it was a friendly we are on a collision course with relegation. While I love Rovers I can’t deny I’m going to take a lot of pleasure from watching the arrogant boro boy squirm. He’s got exactly what he deserves and I feel no sympathy. This time he’s just got kids no old guys in the dressing room to pull him out unless you count the Spanish sick note.

Hopefully gone by Christmas.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The latter, no doubt IMO. Feeding frenzy time with their noses in the trough before they finally move on.

This is what I think.

I reckon they were told months ago - not just in the last couple of weeks - that costs would have to be cut. Hence the previous botched attempt to flog Brockhall, the exodus of players at season end, and the non-arrival of transfers.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

At least we're nearing the end of the 'journey'. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Who knows? Never any Comms out of India and now the trio are noses out of joint. ‘Could’ get Kean-esque If they’re not careful. Urgh 🙈