BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

12 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm just glad he's going. His goals have done nothing but hold us back. We'd have gone up without him and his goals, of that there is no doubt. 

Clever that. And funny.

You won’t be so glib though when Armstrong leaves and Rovers never score another goal ever again.

What, that’s not what you said? Oh.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Just spoke to a colleague of mine at Morecambe....he's apparently very good and will make the step up.  Mustard he called him...and my mate is an ex pro working at the club.

Rangers are faves

Sooner play for Gerrard than Mowbray? Idiot! 🙄

• Like 1

It seems to be commonly accepted theory especially based on the data that we have pulled off a brilliant signing with Harry Pickering and that he will be a huge upgrade when he comes in next season.

Obviously im not saying that isnt the case but should we be worried that Crewe have conceded quite a few goals and got walloped 6 nil on Saturday? A lot of the flagged up data was to do with his crossing and his technical ability.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It seems to be commonly accepted theory especially based on the data that we have pulled off a brilliant signing with Harry Pickering and that he will be a huge upgrade when he comes in next season.

Obviously im not saying that isnt the case but should we be worried that Crewe have conceded quite a few goals and got walloped 6 nil on Saturday? A lot of the flagged up data was to do with his crossing and his technical ability.

Indeed, we didn’t see him actually put a tackle in on an opponent in that video.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously im not saying that isnt the case but should we be worried that Crewe have conceded quite a few goals and got walloped 6 nil on Saturday?

have you watch the 6 goals they conceded? would say any of them was his fault? He should maybe have done better in stopping or blocking the cross for the sixth goal

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Crewe aren't a good League One side, they have 1-3 decent players, of which we have already signed 1. 

Same with Rochdale, bottom of League One but there's one or two promising talents. There's good players in every side.

HP currently playing in a poor defence and that's why you'll see them conceding goals.

@chaddyrovers on the "do we have to change system?" question - I think we have to. From Jerry Yates to Stephen Humprhys and even Luke Jephcott's, they're all strikers who need to play with a partner to get the best out of them. We did the League One transfers show live last night and spoke with many EFL pundits both live and before the show and the thoughts on all these lower league young talents up top is that they need to play in a 2.

17 minutes ago, JoeH said:

@chaddyrovers on the "do we have to change system?" question - I think we have to. From Jerry Yates to Stephen Humprhys and even Luke Jephcott's, they're all strikers who need to play with a partner to get the best out of them. We did the League One transfers show live last night and spoke with many EFL pundits both live and before the show and the thoughts on all these lower league young talents up top is that they need to play in a 2.

I watched last night show Joe which was very interesting and enjoyable to watch for people. 

I agree we have to change the change the system whether its 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 or back to 4-2-3-1 with target man type up front like Hugill who might be available on loan or permanent with Norwich set to get promotion with Windass or Nick Powell(who is out of contract I believe) in the 10 role. Or in front 2 of with Yates, Humprhys or Fletcher with a target man type like Hugill or Diédhiou/Assombalonga (who both are out of contract this season)

We have to change the system and the way of playing somewhat. I would prefer we played the we did under Hughes when he was here. 

39 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Crewe aren't a good League One side, they have 1-3 decent players, of which we have already signed 1. 

Same with Rochdale, bottom of League One but there's one or two promising talents. There's good players in every side.

HP currently playing in a poor defence and that's why you'll see them conceding goals.

Of course, we can only hope really that he can make the step up I suppose, its a big leap from League 1 mediocrity and all  the data showed off how good he was going forward but I just hope that he is a good defender first and foremost. He seems highly rated but you even look at Carter who seems to have excelled in a team keeping clean sheets and as recently as last season he looked out of his depth for us so its very much a wait and see job.

Im not sure many League 1 players can make the step up, when we was in League 1 I didnt tend to find that teams had a couple of stand out players, it was all much of a muchness.

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Of course, we can only hope really that he can make the step up I suppose, its a big leap from League 1 mediocrity and all  the data showed off how good he was going forward but I just hope that he is a good defender first and foremost. He seems highly rated but you even look at Carter who seems to have excelled in a team keeping clean sheets and as recently as last season he looked out of his depth for us so its very much a wait and see job.

Im not sure many League 1 players can make the step up, when we was in League 1 I didnt tend to find that teams had a couple of stand out players, it was all much of a muchness.

Pickering is a long term signing. He's not the finished product, but he's got some skills we simply don't have at the club and he has age on his side. He's not going to be perfect but he's going to be better than Amari'i Bell and hopefully for me, better than Barry Douglas.

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Have you seen Crewe goals they conceded at the weekend or are you not interested in watching them to find out how many was Pickering fault or even if then goals came from his side of the pitch? I take you didn't again. 

plenty of players from League 1 have made the grade at league 1 and even gone on to Premier league. Look at Pilkington who went from Huddersfield in League 1 straight to Norwich in Premier League under Lambert. 

Plus you are basing your opinion on what 1 or 2 games you watch some players. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Have you seen Crewe goals they conceded at the weekend or are you not interested in watching them to find out how many was Pickering fault or even if then goals came from his side of the pitch? I take you didn't again. 

plenty of players from League 1 have made the grade at league 1 and even gone on to Premier league. Look at Pilkington who went from Huddersfield in League 1 straight to Norwich in Premier League under Lambert. 

Plus you are basing your opinion on what 1 or 2 games you watch some players. 

I havent at any point said that Pickering wont be good enough, cant defend, was at fault for anything and I dont have an opinion on the player as presumably like you I have never seen him play. I merely flagged up how his team are currently doing as part of a transfer thread in which Pickering is the only definite signing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

A few months back you were against signing players who were playing in League 1 and now you are suddenly championing it. Another seamless 180 degree turn.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I havent at any point said that Pickering wont be good enough, cant defend, was at fault for anything and I dont have an opinion on the player as presumably like you I have never seen him play. I merely flagged up how his team are currently doing as part of a transfer thread in which Pickering is the only definite signing.

I have seen him through Highlights. But yet again you ignore a very simple and straight forward question. I am not surprise by it with yourself. I will take it you didn't watch the goals they conceded. Probably could have done better with the sixth goal but not at fault for any of the other goals. 

Why not do some research on the player instead of posting the same comments time after time

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

A few months back you were against signing players who were playing in League 1 and now you are suddenly championing it. Another seamless 180 degree turn.

wrong again. I was against us signing Ben Whiteman or Marcus Maddison for the past few summers. I mention us signing Toney in our 1st season back at this level. 

They are some good players at league 1 level but last summer we didn't sign enough players from overseas and instead sign some players who has turned out ton be awful signings like Ayala and Douglas. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have seen him through Highlights. But yet again you ignore a very simple and straight forward question. I am not surprise by it with yourself. I will take it you didn't watch the goals they conceded. Probably could have done better with the sixth goal but not at fault for any of the other goals. 

Why not do some research on the player instead of posting the same comments time after time

Because you have again taken a conclusion from me that I quite clearly havent said. I have not in any way blamed Pickering for any of the goals on Saturday, I havent seen them or any of him in general hence I dont have an opinion on the player. 

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because you have again taken a conclusion from me that I quite clearly havent said. I have not in any way blamed Pickering for any of the goals on Saturday, I havent seen them or any of him in general hence I dont have an opinion on the player. 

So why not watch them? Only 2 minutes 

Bell was a long term signing - He looks no different, better or worse than when he first turned up.

Brereton was a very expensive long term signing - The jury is eating a lot of sandwiches and drinking a lot of tea on that one still.

Chapman was a long term signing - say no more.

So the cv on that approach is very underwhelming with this present regime.  Maybe pages full of stats approach will yield better.  Because the judgement hasn't been very good so far.

Young players we produce ourselves tend to fare better or as well at least.