BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can see Mowbray bringing him back. I wouldn't myself but with finances tight I can see Norwich given us a cheap lean for him. 

I thought Gallagher loan spell was a good one

Rovers have always lost money as a club in the championship cos our wage bill has always been too high. I suggested you look back why the EFL stop us registration new players for a period of time. 

Who are these 2 or freebies with experience that are better than we have? Plus the wages of them. On the wages of these PL loans will be us only paying part of their wages like we did with Adarabioyo or Elliott or Trybull. Yes I agree it would be great for us to be able to sign a few low cost fee players but it appears that we cant due to FFP rules and the owners not willing to keep funding the club at the current level. 

Look at @Phillposts that have explained how tight we are with FFP rules this year and next year. Crooke has said that Rovers are struggling to FFP rules. These are facts Roversfan99. So we have to get on with it and do the best we can with the current squad plus a couple of PL loans hopefully players like Patrick Roberts. Plus a low cost signing replacement for Armstrong or getting a replacement as part of the Armstrong deal. 

Coyle did not have his budget cut but had a quite decent budget TBH but wasted it on rubbish signings like Hendrie, Greer, Brown, Feeney, Stokes. 

You were saying the other day we should be going for Tom Lees?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can see Mowbray bringing him back. I wouldn't myself but with finances tight I can see Norwich given us a cheap lean for him. 

I thought Gallagher loan spell was a good one

Rovers have always lost money as a club in the championship cos our wage bill has always been too high. I suggested you look back why the EFL stop us registration new players for a period of time. 

Who are these 2 or freebies with experience that are better than we have? Plus the wages of them. On the wages of these PL loans will be us only paying part of their wages like we did with Adarabioyo or Elliott or Trybull. Yes I agree it would be great for us to be able to sign a few low cost fee players but it appears that we cant due to FFP rules and the owners not willing to keep funding the club at the current level. 

Look at @Phillposts that have explained how tight we are with FFP rules this year and next year. Crooke has said that Rovers are struggling to FFP rules. These are facts Roversfan99. So we have to get on with it and do the best we can with the current squad plus a couple of PL loans hopefully players like Patrick Roberts. Plus a low cost signing replacement for Armstrong or getting a replacement as part of the Armstrong deal. 

Coyle did not have his budget cut but had a quite decent budget TBH but wasted it on rubbish signings like Hendrie, Greer, Brown, Feeney, Stokes. 

I am aware of FFP rules but there are so many way that the owners could massively reduce the losses they incur that some seem desperate to praise them for offsetting, much of it comes down to hiring people worthy of their jobs, which they have never done. Better sales/season ticket sales increasing income. More responsible use of budgets and indeed requiring transfer profits if need be, rather than suddenly turning off the taps, making us suddenly uncompetitive. 

Anyway, back to transfers. A reasonable summer would have been the avoidance of an embargo which was not impossible as mentioned above, a change of manager prior to the end of last season, selling Armstrong by now, giving the new manager a small fraction of that amount to sign a replacement, and then allowing him to sign 2-4 players on free transfers at a fraction of the wage budget of the outgoing players.

Just as a random question, why did we spend over half a million on Pickering in January? Surely that was ill advised with a potential embargo, and is not consistent with the cut backs? Not a reflection on the individual, but it was money that we clearly didnt have.

As it is, we are seemingly only shopping in the market of begging big clubs for untested kids, so it is impossible to get excited about that. It is going to be a long season.

Also, Coyle did not have a decent budget, he was and is an appalling manager who puts no importance on coaching, shape or nutrition as we all know. But lets not recreate history.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree we need to replace Armstrong permanent whether its 2 or 3 million pounds of the fee on a replacement

Think you can forget that.

IMO, best we can hope for are loans even if Armstrong is sold and if he is, we'll be lucky to clear £7/8million.

I don't think there is any doubt Rovers are in one great feckin mess.

I would think there is a 80% chance Rovers will be in administration by Christmas.  If we get off to a poor start, I think the Venky's will say feck this, cut their losses and run.  Sadly, over the course of my working life, in a professional capacity, I've had dealings with many failed businesses and I can tell you, IMO, all the signs are there at Rovers and and the alarm bells are screaming in my head.  

• Like 4

Just now, Mercer said:

Think you can forget that.

IMO, best we can hope for are loans even if Armstrong is sold and if he is, we'll be lucky to clear £7/8million.

I don't think there is any doubt Rovers are in one great feckin mess.

I would think there is a 80% chance Rovers will be in administration by Christmas.  If we get off to a poor start, I think the Venky's will say feck this, cut their losses and run.  Sadly, over the course of my working life, in a professional capacity, I've had dealings with many failed businesses and I can tell you, IMO, all the signs are there at Rovers and and the alarm bells are screaming in my head.  

in the long term it would be the best thing to happen,there is no future at all with venkys,moggasaurous and swag,there will always be a rovers,whatever division we happen to end up in

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Also, Coyle did not have a decent budget, he was and is an appalling manager who puts no importance on coaching, shape or nutrition as we all know. 

Agree... Mowbray since proved himself to be (factually) an even worse manager than Coyle based on results.

Two of the worst managers ever appointed.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Agree... Mowbray since proved himself to be (factually) an even worse manager than Coyle based on results.

I would take Coyle over Mowbray any day of the week and that tells you just how low Mowbray's stock is in my eyes.

IMO, Waggott, Mowbray and Venus were all involved in the Brockhall fiasco - given their senior management positions in the club, it would be staggering if they weren't- and in my eyes, their plans and the way it was seemingly executed are unforgiveable and stink the house out. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I would take Coyle over Mowbray any day of the week and that tells you just how low Mowbray's stock is in my eyes.

IMO, Waggott, Mowbray and Venus were all involved in the Brockhall fiasco - given their senior management positions in the club, it would be staggering if they weren't- and in my eyes, their plans and the way it was seemingly executed are unforgiveable and stink the house out. 

Mowbray is not fit to continue as Rovers manager but he is not factually a worse manager than Coyle. 

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am aware of FFP rules but there are so many way that the owners could massively reduce the losses they incur that some seem desperate to praise them for offsetting, much of it comes down to hiring people worthy of their jobs, which they have never done. Better sales/season ticket sales increasing income. More responsible use of budgets and indeed requiring transfer profits if need be, rather than suddenly turning off the taps, making us suddenly uncompetitive. 

Well if you are aware of FFP Rules and read posts by JB and Phili then you will acknowledge that we are close to breaking the FFP rules. 

Yes I agree that a better and more connection CEO with the community would have properly engaged with the fanbase over the years and find out why people have stop going now. I have a few people that I went with during the PL years that have stop going for various reasons like family reasons or stop going cos the way the club is run by the owners, etc. 

Yes Venkys are totally responsible for hiring the manager or the CEO into the positions. And after 10 years they should have in place an experience footballing CEO in place who they trust to make decision without seeking approval from them about every decision. But they don't and the owners have to approve every major decision. The owner appointed the manager through a certain agency still instead of choosing from wider and more experience choice of manager. A Proper CEO would have bought in a proper footballing structure whoever the manager or head coach is? the structure remain the same. Can we agree on this?

The use of transfer budgets by Mowbray in the last 3 years has not been good enough and seems to lack a clear logical approach. to signings who fit into a certain tactical approach or formation. Can we agree on this surely? 

Haven't the owners invested as much as they can over the 3 years according to FFP rules?

58 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Anyway, back to transfers. A reasonable summer would have been the avoidance of an embargo which was not impossible as mentioned above, a change of manager prior to the end of last season, selling Armstrong by now, giving the new manager a small fraction of that amount to sign a replacement, and then allowing him to sign 2-4 players on free transfers at a fraction of the wage budget of the outgoing players.

Would you have sold Armstrong to Southampton for 8 million pounds? I would rather keep him if thats the highest bid we can get. We need a bid for him double that to make to FFP and stop us from selling other key players to meet them according to what has been posted from 2 people on here. Hopefully if we get 15 million pounds in from the Armstrong sale then Mowbray will get some money for a replacement otherwise looks like its PL loan striker or play Gallagher as number 9 striker with Brereton, McBride as back up. 

We all agreed that we should have changed manager this summer at least if not during last summer but the owners have decided otherwise. 

What wages would you been offering to these free transfers? 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Just as a random question, why did we spend over half a million on Pickering in January? Surely that was ill advised with a potential embargo, and is not consistent with the cut backs? Not a reflection on the individual, but it was money that we clearly didnt have.

Cos it was a good investment for a talent player who will prove his worth and gives us a permanent signing for the left back spot. Plus who else would you have been playing this season? Barry Awful Douglas?

As it is, we are seemingly only shopping in the market of begging big clubs for untested kids, so it is impossible to get excited about that. It is going to be a long season.

Depends who we signed. I would be happy if we could get Patrick Roberts on loan. 

Also, Coyle did not have a decent budget, he was and is an appalling manager who puts no importance on coaching, shape or nutrition as we all know. But lets not recreate history.

Coyle did have a good budget otherwise how do we get Graham, Stokes, Mulgrew all on good wages, Paying Gallagher full wages when on loan here then. Then signed Hendrie on loan, Emnes on loan, Feeney, Greer, Brown, Hoban on loan. Plus somehow Coyle tried to sign Stuart Armstrong during that summer on permanent deal. https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1199094/owen-coyle-stuart-armstrong-blackburn-celtic-1million/

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

another one of your famous prediction. You have said so many times that Venkys would sell or the club would go in administration I have run out of fingers and toes to count them on. 

You said that Alex Neil would be Rovers manager by now and thats turned out to be wrong(AGAIN). You have been saying this rumour for the past 7 months, 

35 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I would take Coyle over Mowbray any day of the week 

Thats above post is why I don't take anything you say seriously anymore. 

• Like 1

He has also suggested Ogilive who is about to join Portsmouth, and Reach who now isnt good enough now it seems that he is going elsewhere.

I suggested Ogilive to be back up to Pickering who will be first choice here. We been linked with Joe Bennett but how can we afford his wages? 

Yes I did suggest Lees but Huddersfield can offer better wages than us. Simple as. 

Reach was a suggest as back up player to Brereton who would be first choice for the left side of the front 3. Why wouldn't Brereton be first choice?

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ah come on. Coyle basically relegated us 

At least he did it with a consistent team and attacking football. He was shit make no bones about that but Mowbray is going to do the same boring me to death without a shot on target all match and lying to me whilst dismantling everything rovers need to survive this shit period in time

• Like 7

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

Evolution not revolution remember.

Now we've been through this before with this ownership so it's no surprise. Yet it all stems from backing the wrong horses again for what they allegedly wanted. A top 6 push with a mid budget but one better than a lot of similar teams in this division.

For a brief spell everyone sang from the same hymn sheet after relegation. Auditors gave a plan, manager was set a target then got the backing it required.  Job done, club on its uppers for first time in years and fans beginning to re-engage.  

A lesson there for all of how to run BRFC and what it's all about.

Was it learned ?   Was it #### it all began to slide again from then on because too much faith was thrust on those who'd achieved promotion. Owners wanted to invest and wanted the double bounce. Management etc wanted stability and to plod on moulding the club in their own image.

People start pulling in the wrong direction again, lack of real target or direction. No ruthlessness on the field or off it to drive it forwards.  Now here we are, seems we might finally get some ruthlessness.

As always though with this set up it's going to be in all the wrong areas again. The whole lot not to clear off if we are ever truly to start over.

They are great these ‘looking back’ posts.

Those pointing this out at the time we’re branded negative and moaners (still are by some of the most blinkered) yet here we are.

Your post is spot on. A manager rocked up thinking that his standards were higher than little old Blackburn when in reality they were much inferior. Loyalty ahead of ability. Theory over common sense. Heart over head (being kind).

And here we are.

Wonder when it will be 10 years since Kean’s final contract? Maybe that will be D-Day on the club’s financial future. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see us have a season like Sheffield Wednesday did last season.

Hoping for a miracle.

But if Venkys have the money, and we’re even remotely interested, they would have got shut of the Coventry 3 a while ago.

If they don’t want to make tough decisions they need to start by replacing Waggott with someone who has the power to hold Mowbray to account.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

At least he did it with a consistent team and attacking football. He was shit make no bones about that but Mowbray is going to do the same boring me to death without a shot on target all match and lying to me whilst dismantling everything rovers need to survive this shit period in time

That makes no sense! 

People, don't lose perspective here 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mentioned it in a longer post earlier, but how irresponsible was it from the owners to allow Mowbray to spend over half a million on a left back 6 months before we went into embargo for FFP regulation issues?

So who would be our first choice left back for this season then? Surely signing Pickering is a good long term investment. 

Spending half a million pounds isn't the problem here

We are spending not far 200% of our turnover on wages? Our income is too low to match our yearly wage bill. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

So who would be our first choice left back for this season then? Surely signing Pickering is a good long term investment. 

Spending half a million pounds isn't the problem here

We are spending not far 200% of our turnover on wages? Our income is too low to match our yearly wage bill. 

Spending over 500k on a fee 6 months before sustainability regulations to which our losses ie our expenses against our income were too high was a showing of negligence by the owners. The wages are too high compared to the income which is not as high as it should be yes but spending over 500k on a fee was not a wise financial decision.

He might well turn into a good signing but perhaps one that we couldnt afford within those regulations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Spending over 500k on a fee 6 months before sustainability regulations to which our losses ie our expenses against our income were too high was a showing of negligence by the owners. The wages are too high compared to the income which is not as high as it should be yes but spending over 500k on a fee was not a wise financial decision.

He might well turn into a good signing but perhaps one that we couldnt afford within those regulations.

To be fair you are blaming 500k transfer fee for our current problems when that ain't the problem. 

Plus you haven't said who would be our first choice left back this season? So who would it be Roversfan99?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

another one of your famous prediction. You have said so many times that Venkys would sell or the club would go in administration I have run out of fingers and toes to count them on. 

You said that Alex Neil would be Rovers manager by now and thats turned out to be wrong(AGAIN). You have been saying this rumour for the past 7 months, 

Thats above post is why I don't take anything you say seriously anymore. 

You can think what the feck you like.

In my working life, I have dealt with the buying and selling of businesses and insolvencies - have you?

If Mowbray resigns or is axed tomorrow, I would put lots and lots and lots of money on Alex Neil taking over.  I guess you would love to know why !?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

IMO, nail on head!

• Like 1