BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

My issue is with the theory that Venkys themselves are choosing projects that they want to invest in, yet suddenly 6 months later the taps are totally off. The manager should be the one tasked with making signings, if there is an aim that we make profit on younger players then he follows that and is judged on that. Obviously the manager shouldnt be Mowbray. Who do you think wanted Pickering specifically? And indeed Brereton and Gallagher?

With Pickering, like anyone else I have no idea how he will be and I am not judging him as an individual. My point was that it was either a wreckless signing financed by the owners if we was not on track with FFP. Or if the LT was wrong and it had no impact on that as you suggest, then my issue is with the sudden turning off the taps 6 months later, and the general bizarre lack of consistency.

I agree with the idea of signing players for cheap and selling at a profit, although Venkys have certainly not achieved that as a strategy. Are the last ones Duffy, Gestede and Cairney, all sold on the cheap due to another embargo and thus desperation for money? But you cant only sign younger projects, you need some experience and know how, not every player is about potential.

Lets hope that Venkys have had enough, then there may be a light at the end of the tunnel. 

Dack would have been a successful example of that, as he was on his way, had it not been for the injury. Armstrong is on the verge, so assuming that goes through, that’s another. It’s a shame, so much has been wasted elsewhere.

7 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

In

Out

1. Brad Lyons
  2. Charlie Mulgrew
  3. Amari'i Bell
  4. Elliott Bennett
  5. Corry Evans
  6. Stewart Downing
  7. Derrick Williams
  8. Lewis Holtby
  9. Tom Trybull
  10. Harvey Elliott
  11. Jarrad Branthwaite
  12. Taylor Harwood-Bellis

... I'd want to meet with the CEO too.

There's literally 2 players on that list I'd like to have kept, Elliott and THB but obviously neither was an option anyway. I get your point though.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, phili said:

The brought an investor over in March/April which seemed to have fallen through.

There is also the football review going on by Tracey Crouch that has a lot of people worried especially her requirement for functioning board, fan representation on the board and the independent regualtor.

Possibly they have decided they can't be bothered with it all now as they would have to change completely how we operate

It's been nothing but sinister since day one. Jerome, record contract pay-offs, etc etc.  Bail now before it comes to fruition and they are exposed. They have raped our club of almost everything it ever was and we even owe them money for the pleasure of it all.  I hope reform comes to football, it is sorely needed.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I did suggest Lees but Huddersfield can offer better wages than us. Simple as. 

Is that a fact or assumption?

Why can Huddersfield offer better wages? Do you think that is acceptable?

And before you start saying parachute payments theirs are decreasing now and they have had the legacy of a crippling wage bill to deal with since in the Prem.

They haven't got billionaire owners and haven't offloaded 11 players including some of their biggest earners this summer which should have freed up significant space to play with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s more money 👍🏼

So he's getting paid more being assistant manager at a fourth division club than he is managing our u23s in a Category A academy 

This offers an insight into salary levels around the place and also adds further confusion as to where this £20 million a year actually goes.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Why is it warped?  He had the opportunities to keep us up and if not hired to achieve that, then why was he hired? To take us down?

The damage had been done 

If someone was doing your job for 11 months and you came in for the last month, would you find it fair to be reviewed on the entire year? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So he's getting paid more being assistant manager at a fourth division club than he is managing our u23s in a Category A academy 

This offers an insight into salary levels around the place and also adds further confusion as to where this £20 million a year actually goes.

To be fair I would imagine Salford are pretty competitive when it comes to wages. 

I would imagine he went cos it's a better opportunity. They will probably have a right go at promotion. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Haven’t posted for a while, but what a depressing start to a new season.

for the record I think we will survive…but only just. I also think our youth players will shine. Our first 11 is easily good enough to compete but bench…sheesh. 

I think with the outgoings of  staff the real answers will come in who replaces them.

Somebody similar or better then things are just being freshened up.  Somebody cheaper, lesser or nobody at all then they've been given the nod to sort themselves something else out before they might get axed.

A slew of people who've worked for certain agents or this manager and co before and yep, it stinks again.

Imo it is probably a combination of all three and so will the replacements be.  Either way it's not good and it's not normal for a football club that was so called working on stability.

Edited by tomphil

9 hours ago, phili said:

No one has a clue, he tried to bring in Reach but Venky's did not approve of increasing the wage budget for him.

Why we have brought a new head of recruitment in, God knows

Isn't thus just Mowbray looking after another one of his mates and getting him on board the gravy train?

8 hours ago, phili said:

The Pickering deal is exactly the sort of deal we should be doing. Low fee, good age, lower league with a good upsell potential. The Barnsley/Brentford approach of being able to sell him in 1 to 2 seasons.

What we shouldn't be doing is signing 28-29 year old freebies who cost a fortune on sign on bonuses and weekly wage with absolutely no potential to make any money out of. 

I just don't get why you are complaining on signing a good prospect in a position we needed to solve.

I agree totally that signings like Pickering are the ones we should be doing. Not over spending on wages on 28/29 years old players. 

Plus @roversfan99has refuse to answer who would be playing left back this season if we hasn't signed Pickering. 

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Meeting FFP regulations obviously encorporates everything, there are various methods to help to increase income and reduce expenses. It is not JUST wages that cause the problem. Increasing income via ticketing/advertising policies, selling assets at the correct time, not spending much on incoming transfers, having a low wage bill etc. Meeting or indeed failing to meet FFP encorporates all of that.

But we aren't increasing income at the club but its decreasing. I Know WHAT is part of FFP rules thanks. But you refuse to accept that our yearly wage bill is far too high for a club with our turnover. Can we keep paying the same wages for lower mid table finish?

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Is that a fact or assumption?

Why can Huddersfield offer better wages? Do you think that is acceptable?

And before you start saying parachute payments theirs are decreasing now and they have had the legacy of a crippling wage bill to deal with since in the Prem.

They haven't got billionaire owners and haven't offloaded 11 players including some of their biggest earners this summer which should have freed up significant space to play with.

Look at @phili's post about Venkys wouldnt release funds to sign Reach last week when Mowbray asked for them. So it's the owners won't back him anymore. 

Huddersfield have recruit well and bought in some experience players on decent wages I imagine on free transfers but they sold players for very good fees. Plus the same have the 3rd year of the parachute payment and those players on high wages have gone now. Its almost a new squad there under their new squad now. 

Is it acceptable? Does it matter currently. We need a few signings in but I'm not expect them in this week given what has been posted on here in the past 24 hours. 

Like I said yesterday, our wage bill was too high last season and now it's having to reduce to meet FFP rules and the fact the owners won't keep funding the club at the current level. It's seems the owners won't sanction anything until Armstrong is sold

im hoping on the slight possibility that the venkys have took mowbrays credit cards off him because they now also want him gone and are hoping that he'll quit and take his cronies with him when results don't go his way and the fans(now back in the stands) get right on his case.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, imy9 said:

Haven’t posted for a while, but what a depressing start to a new season.

for the record I think we will survive…but only just. I also think our youth players will shine. Our first 11 is easily good enough to compete but bench…sheesh. 

We are never able put out our first eleven, even if Mowbray knew what it was.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Come on!

Mowbray had 15 games to get us out of trouble and we were only 2 or 3 points from 'safety'.

I think there were so many games where we snatched a defeat from the jaws of a draw and snatched a draw from the jaws of victory with Mowbray's very poor game management.  We were relegated on goal difference and that puts his game management into context - just one more point would have done the job.

IMO, without a shadow of a doubt Mowbray failed and he could and should have kept us up - Neil Warnock would have. 

I think Mowbray's failure to keep us up is indefensible. 

I think I said something similar on page 8 of what is now 245, Mowbray failed and has failed miserably the last two seasons.

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at @phili's post about Venkys wouldnt release funds to sign Reach last week when Mowbray asked for them. So it's the owners won't back him anymore. 

Huddersfield have recruit well and bought in some experience players on decent wages I imagine on free transfers but they sold players for very good fees. Plus the same have the 3rd year of the parachute payment and those players on high wages have gone now. Its almost a new squad there under their new squad now. 

Is it acceptable? Does it matter currently. We need a few signings in but I'm not expect them in this week given what has been posted on here in the past 24 hours. 

Like I said yesterday, our wage bill was too high last season and now it's having to reduce to meet FFP rules and the fact the owners won't keep funding the club at the current level. It's seems the owners won't sanction anything until Armstrong is sold

If the venkys refused the money for the Reach signing then why is Mowbray still here, do they now have no faith in him, ( i don't), What happened to Mowbrays integrity, you know when he keeps saying if they dont want me i'll go, he has no integrity just bare faced bull ----.

• Like 4