Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ah come on. Coyle basically relegated us 

WRONG!

Mowbray took us down - he told us in Blues' Bar he was hired to keep us up and MOWBRAY FAILED!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Spending over 500k on a fee 6 months before sustainability regulations to which our losses ie our expenses against our income were too high was a showing of negligence by the owners. The wages are too high compared to the income which is not as high as it should be yes but spending over 500k on a fee was not a wise financial decision.

He might well turn into a good signing but perhaps one that we couldnt afford within those regulations.

To be fair you are blaming 500k transfer fee for our current problems when that ain't the problem. 

Plus you haven't said who would be our first choice left back this season? So who would it be Roversfan99?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

another one of your famous prediction. You have said so many times that Venkys would sell or the club would go in administration I have run out of fingers and toes to count them on. 

You said that Alex Neil would be Rovers manager by now and thats turned out to be wrong(AGAIN). You have been saying this rumour for the past 7 months, 

Thats above post is why I don't take anything you say seriously anymore. 

You can think what the feck you like.

In my working life, I have dealt with the buying and selling of businesses and insolvencies - have you?

If Mowbray resigns or is axed tomorrow, I would put lots and lots and lots of money on Alex Neil taking over.  I guess you would love to know why !?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

At least he did it with a consistent team and attacking football. He was shit make no bones about that but Mowbray is going to do the same boring me to death without a shot on target all match and lying to me whilst dismantling everything rovers need to survive this shit period in time

IMO, nail on head!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You can think what the feck you like.

In my working life, I have dealt with the buying and selling of businesses and insolvencies - have you?

I will no problems. Your predictions are well off regarding Venkys again after again

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If Mowbray resigns or is axed tomorrow, I would put lots and lots and lots of money on Alex Neil taking over.  I guess you would love to know why !?

Nope couldn't care less Mercer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will no problems. Your predictions are well off regarding Venkys again after again

Nope couldn't care less Mercer. 

Pity, you would be intrigued!

Think Nicko would give me a bob or two for it!

Edited by Mercer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't be tho. Heard it all before from yourself. 

Tweet Nicko and tell him if you want. 

No need, I'd give him a call!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Mentioned it in a longer post earlier, but how irresponsible was it from the owners to allow Mowbray to spend over half a million on a left back 6 months before we went into embargo for FFP regulation issues?

It wasn't for FFP issues we went into an embargo, it was for not submitting accounts on time and also the EFL wanted funds pumped directly into Rovers and not Venky's London and then loaned to Rovers.

With Pickering, he was a suggestion made by the Recruitment and Analysis team and Mowbray was not involved with the transfer at all. Venky's are still willing to invest in good deals if they become available. The fee is rising to £500k i think the amount paid in the initial payment is £150k.

I think you will find the last instalments for Breton and Gallagher have just gone and were far higher than Pickering. Hell, Brereton's first international Cap triggered a payment under his transfer of far higher than the total Pickering deal.

You then have the loyalty bonuses to all of the players released for seeing out their contracts, which for the players involved was probably a couple of million. Mulgrew on his own was probably close to £1m with his weekly wage packet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, phili said:

It wasn't for FFP issues we went into an embargo, it was for not submitting accounts on time and also the EFL wanted funds pumped directly into Rovers and not Venky's London and then loaned to Rovers.

With Pickering, he was a suggestion made by the Recruitment and Analysis team and Mowbray was not involved with the transfer at all. Venky's are still willing to invest in good deals if they become available. The fee is rising to £500k i think the amount paid in the initial payment is £150k.

I think you will find the last instalments for Breton and Gallagher have just gone and were far higher than Pickering. Hell, Brereton's first international Cap triggered a payment under his transfer of far higher than the total Pickering deal.

You then have the loyalty bonuses to all of the players released for seeing out their contracts, which for the players involved was probably a couple of million. Mulgrew on his own was probably close to £1m with his weekly wage packet. 

With everything that’s going on plus a large number of staff leaving, it makes me wonder whether Venkys are on the verge of packing it all in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, phili said:

With Pickering, he was a suggestion made by the Recruitment and Analysis team and Mowbray was not involved with the transfer at all

So who decide to do the deal? And was it Stuart Harvey who recommended him to them? 

Is Mowbray still involved in this summer recruitment drive or has this been taken out of his hands now? And he is more of a head coach now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

another one of your famous prediction. You have said so many times that Venkys would sell or the club would go in administration I have run out of fingers and toes to count them on. 

You said that Alex Neil would be Rovers manager by now and thats turned out to be wrong(AGAIN). You have been saying this rumour for the past 7 months, 

Thats above post is why I don't take anything you say seriously anymore. 

Administration is being discussed by a lot of people who work at Ewood for the first time. Several that have young families have left for other clubs already and are not taking chances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, phili said:

Administration is being discussed by a lot of people who work at Ewood for the first time. Several that have young families have left for other clubs already and are not taking chances.

My point to Mercer was more of case he has mentioned so many times or tipping point I have run out of fingers and toes to count his comments now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

So who decide to do the deal? And was it Stuart Harvey who recommended him to them? 

Is Mowbray still involved in this summer recruitment drive or has this been taken out of his hands now? And he is more of a head coach now?

No one has a clue, he tried to bring in Reach but Venky's did not approve of increasing the wage budget for him.

Why we have brought a new head of recruitment in, God knows

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, phili said:

No one has a clue, he tried to bring in Reach but Venky's did not approve of increasing the wage budget for him.

Why we have brought a new head of recruitment in, God knows

Fair enough. Clearly the owners don't trust Mowbray's judgement on transfers anymore. So why is he here makes me ask myself. 

Who sanction the Pickering transfer? Someone on here said it Pasha and Slivester who push the transfer through on Harvey recommendation. Is this correct? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, phili said:

Administration is being discussed by a lot of people who work at Ewood for the first time. Several that have young families have left for other clubs already and are not taking chances.

admin makes no sense when they haven't tried to flog the club, that said i know of a number of staff who have left really unhappy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

admin makes no sense when they haven't tried to flog the club, that said i know of a number of staff who have left really unhappy 

The brought an investor over in March/April which seemed to have fallen through.

There is also the football review going on by Tracey Crouch that has a lot of people worried especially her requirement for functioning board, fan representation on the board and the independent regualtor.

Possibly they have decided they can't be bothered with it all now as they would have to change completely how we operate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, phili said:

The brought an investor over in March/April which seemed to have fallen through.

There is also the football review going on by Tracey Crouch that has a lot of people worried especially her requirement for functioning board, fan representation on the board and the independent regualtor.

Possibly they have decided they can't be bothered with it all now as they would have to change completely how we operate

Would be surprised if Venkys even knew about Tracey Crouch review into football. 

They should be looking to sell the club now

Edited by chaddyrovers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would be surprised if Venkys even knew about Tracey Crouch review into football. 

They should be looking to sell the club now

They probably do, they are probably briefed more on politics for their normal businesses than on us so it will have been discussed by their advisers that how they run us will be appearing in a Government report and White paper condemning them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Agree... Mowbray since proved himself to be (factually) an even worse manager than Coyle based on results.

Two of the worst managers ever appointed.

What are these facts that prove Mowbray to be a worse manager than Coyle? Assuming that they are based solely on their Rovers careers.

Even if you take out the promotion season, Mowbray has finished 15th twice and 11th. Coyle left us in 22nd or 23rd.

I presume it is based on a specific run of form extrapolated but your overall statement cannot be true. Mowbray deserves to be sacked and that is something based on his own merits. You dont need to make nonsensical comparisons based on hand picked runs of form to justify that he needs to be sacked. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

To be fair you are blaming 500k transfer fee for our current problems when that ain't the problem. 

Plus you haven't said who would be our first choice left back this season? So who would it be Roversfan99?

Meeting FFP regulations obviously encorporates everything, there are various methods to help to increase income and reduce expenses. It is not JUST wages that cause the problem. Increasing income via ticketing/advertising policies, selling assets at the correct time, not spending much on incoming transfers, having a low wage bill etc. Meeting or indeed failing to meet FFP encorporates all of that.

If this is the case as per the LT that we failed FFP, we should have known that would or could be the case 6 months prior. In which case, surely dont spend over 500k on a new player! And to answer your question, the deal didnt have to be done in January, but someone cheaper, a free or a loan. 

If not and Phili is correct and we went into embargo due to late submission of accounts/funding methods then as I touch on below, why are we spending a reasonable fee on Crewes left back when 6 months later we cant even afford freebies? Where is the consistency and the logic? Even if there were no issues with FFP and the LT was wrong, its just bizarre how we can be spending on fees then literally unable to sign freebies within 6 months.

52 minutes ago, phili said:

It wasn't for FFP issues we went into an embargo, it was for not submitting accounts on time and also the EFL wanted funds pumped directly into Rovers and not Venky's London and then loaned to Rovers.

With Pickering, he was a suggestion made by the Recruitment and Analysis team and Mowbray was not involved with the transfer at all. Venky's are still willing to invest in good deals if they become available. The fee is rising to £500k i think the amount paid in the initial payment is £150k.

I think you will find the last instalments for Breton and Gallagher have just gone and were far higher than Pickering. Hell, Brereton's first international Cap triggered a payment under his transfer of far higher than the total Pickering deal.

You then have the loyalty bonuses to all of the players released for seeing out their contracts, which for the players involved was probably a couple of million. Mulgrew on his own was probably close to £1m with his weekly wage packet. 

I based my assumption we went into embargo due to issues with FFP based on an article in the Lancashire Telegraph a week or 2 ago. But whether it was down to sustainability issues, late submission of accounts or funding issues, I of course stand by my criticism of Venkys for allowing it to happen, massively hindering the manager. But even putting the embargo to one side, why are we spending 500k (the 350k will surely then be listed as a creditor so it will still be in the accounts regardless of payment date) on a player in January yet 6 months later, the goal posts are moved to the extent that we cant even sign free agents? Its just illogical from the owners, no joined up thinking.

Assuming that your theory is correct regarding Venkys being willing to invest only in specific projects which take their fancy, it is little wonder that we are so screwed. What makes them qualified to do so? My doubts over this theory personally would stem from, what is exciting them so much about a left back from Crewe when 6 months later, we cant even sign up freebies because the belt has been tightened so much?

But yeah, whatever the reason for the embargo, nothing them tossers in India do makes any sense. The theory of them picking projects to spend on has been mentioned before, im unconvinced personally but either way, there is never any logic to what they do. Even if it didnt cause the embargo, that Pickering deal for a reasonable fee makes no sense when we are here 6 months later we are on a loans only policy.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What are these facts that prove Mowbray to be a worse manager than Coyle? Assuming that they are based solely on their Rovers careers.

Even if you take out the promotion season, Mowbray has finished 15th twice and 11th. Coyle left us in 22nd or 23rd.

I presume it is based on a specific run of form extrapolated but your overall statement cannot be true. Mowbray deserves to be sacked and that is something based on his own merits. You dont need to make nonsensical comparisons based on hand picked runs of form to justify that he needs to be sacked. 

Meeting FFP regulations obviously encorporates everything, there are various methods to help to increase income and reduce expenses. It is not JUST wages that cause the problem. Increasing income via ticketing/advertising policies, selling assets at the correct time, not spending much on incoming transfers, having a low wage bill etc. Meeting or indeed failing to meet FFP encorporates all of that.

If this is the case as per the LT that we failed FFP, we should have known that would or could be the case 6 months prior. In which case, surely dont spend over 500k on a new player! And to answer your question, the deal didnt have to be done in January, but someone cheaper, a free or a loan. 

If not and Phili is correct and we went into embargo due to late submission of accounts/funding methods then as I touch on below, why are we spending a reasonable fee on Crewes left back when 6 months later we cant even afford freebies? Where is the consistency and the logic? Even if there were no issues with FFP and the LT was wrong, its just bizarre how we can be spending on fees then literally unable to sign freebies within 6 months.

I based my assumption we went into embargo due to issues with FFP based on an article in the Lancashire Telegraph a week or 2 ago. But whether it was down to sustainability issues, late submission of accounts or funding issues, I of course stand by my criticism of Venkys for allowing it to happen, massively hindering the manager. But even putting the embargo to one side, why are we spending 500k (the 350k will surely then be listed as a creditor so it will still be in the accounts regardless of payment date) on a player in January yet 6 months later, the goal posts are moved to the extent that we cant even sign free agents? Its just illogical from the owners, no joined up thinking.

Assuming that your theory is correct regarding Venkys being willing to invest only in specific projects which take their fancy, it is little wonder that we are so screwed. What makes them qualified to do so? My doubts over this theory personally would stem from, what is exciting them so much about a left back from Crewe when 6 months later, we cant even sign up freebies because the belt has been tightened so much?

But yeah, whatever the reason for the embargo, nothing them tossers in India do makes any sense. The theory of them picking projects to spend on has been mentioned before, im unconvinced personally but either way, there is never any logic to what they do. Even if it didnt cause the embargo, that Pickering deal for a reasonable fee makes no sense when we are here 6 months later we are on a loans only policy.

 

The Pickering deal is exactly the sort of deal we should be doing. Low fee, good age, lower league with a good upsell potential. The Barnsley/Brentford approach of being able to sell him in 1 to 2 seasons.

What we shouldn't be doing is signing 28-29 year old freebies who cost a fortune on sign on bonuses and weekly wage with absolutely no potential to make any money out of. 

I just don't get why you are complaining on signing a good prospect in a position we needed to solve.

Also at the minute there isn't a loans only policy there is a no signing policy full stop. 

It could be because Venky's have had enough, been promised more than 10,000 season ticket sales etc or perhaps Venky's are buying a new business which will require all of their spare cash which has arisen in the past 6 months since the Pickering deal. We don't know and most probably never will.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.