BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'll be honest mate, it's hard to care right now. Aside from how bad things are at the club in general, the fact we are told there may be no permanent incomings means that even if we get a few pearlers, it won't be enough for anything more than mid table and repeating the hunt to develop another club's youngsters again next summer.

Sad state of affairs isn't it. I'm really trying to get excited for the new season but the lack of activity and paper thin squad just screams relegation trouble. We always get hit with injuries so the situation will only get worse from where it stands now.

For what it's worth I'd like us to be looking at Rhys Williams at Liverpool, Dewsbury-Hall at Leicester, Thomas Doyle at City and Anthony Elanga, Hannibal Mejbri & James Garner from United.

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The feeling , yet no bids had been accepted

Nor did anyone on here,  you don't need an inside track or to be ITK to have thought that. It was unprecedented keeping a manager on a run like that these days. 

I don't think anyone knows what Venkys are planning or thinking. That includes staff at the club. So rather than a 180 been done (which it could have been) I just don't believe anyone knows and 2 and 2 was just put together. 

Sheffield United had bid £2m for Rothwell and he had agreed personal terms with them and everyone believed he was going. I have no idea why he isn't their player now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Interesting, I thought the opposite - most of the comments were knobheads with the odd fair one. 

Your post made me wonder whether I was being overly generous to our neighbours but no, I stick by my original reaction, most of them are only saying what we have said ourselves. Plus the same Dingle has posted multiple idiotic replies, probably one for each of his or her fingers. 

And for the record I don’t think I’d want them to go out of business either. I witnessed a few years of Celtic fans realising they actually needed Rangers on this side of the border. 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Given the lack of transfer rumours, potential lack of funds for any permanent signings and just general malaise in here, I'm going to try and start up a conversation about potential signings...

Who do people feel like we should be targeting on loan from these so called big Premier League clubs?

Wishlist

Tommy Doyle Man City Centre Mid

Anthony Elanga Man Utd Winger 

Hannibal Man Utd Centre Mid

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall Leicester Centre Mid

Harvey Winger 

Liam Delap Man City Striker 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Sad state of affairs isn't it. I'm really trying to get excited for the new season but the lack of activity and paper thin squad just screams relegation trouble. We always get hit with injuries so the situation will only get worse from where it stands now.

For what it's worth I'd like us to be looking at Rhys Williams at Liverpool, Dewsbury-Hall at Leicester, Thomas Doyle at City and Anthony Elanga, Hannibal Mejbri & James Garner from United.

Clarkson from Liverpool is a target according to Sharpe and Cooke.

Garner did well at Forest if they are keen on taking him back then I'd say they will be favourites.

Whowever we bring in on loan let's just hope they are more like Elliot and Harwood Bellis than Trybull and Braintwaithe

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheKitGuy said:

Simon Cooper said on twitter he's also moved for family reasons 

thanks for that. Haven't seen his comments on there

6 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Seems like it’s not just Rovers this is happening ....

F6A0C44F-DAF3-4972-90B1-EBE0CD1B71B4.jpeg

Proves it not only happening at Rovers but to alot of clubs

58 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Given the lack of transfer rumours, potential lack of funds for any permanent signings and just general malaise in here, I'm going to try and start up a conversation about potential signings...

Who do people feel like we should be targeting on loan from these so called big Premier League clubs?

Amad Diallo from United would be perfect, although perhaps unlikely 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Then why agree to ridiculous contract extensions and transfer fees in the first place?

I'm not taking away from the fact they are shit owners but they have been stung many many times when it comes to signing players.

They know nothing about football, they trust the people they put in place.If you were the owner of a football club and the manager and CEO who you trust kept asking for player contract renewals( Mulgrew,Bennett, Smallwood etc)then after a month or two those players hardly play anymore then would you not be sceptical about agreeing to future demands?

It isn't the owners who decides who gets a new contract, who we pay a transfer fee for they just sign it off.

The biggest issue with the owners is they won't put competent people in place not because they are penny pinching and tight with finance because they have been far from tight with finance.

Even in the early days..etuthu, best, Murphy,the Portuguese contingent, these were expensive deals for  them and us and we got badly stung with them.

Even in the summer and with the state around the ground I refuse to believe the owners wouldnt have signed off on the couple of grand it would have cost to give the surroundings at the ground a tidy.I find it far more plausible that it was the people on the ground trying to keep outgoings as minimal as possible to show themselves in a good light to the owners after the failures on the football pitch.I don't think the venky family have any idea that around the ground was full of weeds and is in need of general maintenance,they leave that sort of stuff to the people on the ground

That goes against all the crap that gets fed to us then about everything having to be ok'd, scrutinized and signed off in India.

If that is they case then they are guilty again of not actually paying enough attention.

Once again i turn my attention to the middlemen of Suhail and Babu, what are they up to in all this.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Where's the conspiracy theory?

Fact: people are deciding to leave the club in their droves.

Option 1 is your view which is that everything is hunky dory and it just so happens all these people get better offers all at once or suddenly have 'family reasons' which lead them to work elsewhere.

Option 2 is my view which is that the club is a wreck and is falling apart and nobody wants to be a part of it any longer and these people are grasping an opportunity to work somewhere better.

No conspiracy theory, just uncomfortable and unpleasant reality IMO.

Its every time someone leaves you think they is conspiracy theory behind it and you failed to accept that Barr left for Salford for the assistant manager job. Just like when Karl Robinson left Allardyce coaching staff to be Ince's number 2 at MK Dons. 

Depends what Copper's family reasons are and instead of keep not believing them why not just accept his reasons for once

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I still revert back to asking why we signed a player for a fee in January when we are so perilously on the line of FFP regulation breaking, or are been beyond that?! Or indeed why there isnt more urgency to get Armstrong sold.

We have been over this with you for a number of times. We need a permanent signing for that position and we signed a very talent player in Harry Pickering who will prove his worth over the coming seasons. 

Cos teams aren't willing to meet our valuation price of Armstrong. 

can you please answer these 2 questions? 

1. if we haven't had signed Pickering who would have played left back in the Swansea game? or who would you have signed this summer for the left back? kept Bell or Douglas?

2. Would you have sold Armstrong for 8 million pounds when Southampton bid that for that?

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

Southampton will come back with another bid when Ings gets his move 

replacement for Kane at Spurs

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

If FFP is the issue then again I raise why Millwall, PNE, Barnsley, Luton and just about everyone else in this divison can compete, outperform us with much lower losses and avoid FFP trouble.

What are these wages compare to turnover then compare to us? 

Barnsley recruitment is very impressive and thats what we need at Rovers. It won't happen under Venkys, Waggott, Mowbray and Venus

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Why do we even have a Chief Executive ?

Last time we fell foul it was partly put down to not having anyone proper overseeing things for Venkys here in Blackburn.  Since then they've added Waggot to the payroll and the phantom man of the shadows.

Plus there is Mr Stability I build football clubs, defenders are coming, we are building for the top 6 Mowbray.  So why do we end up in such a mess again ?   Plus Cheston how much have that little lot cost the club over the last few years ?

And for what, mid / lower midtable finishes, a 12 million pointless investment scheme and another high paid crock on the books just when we've managed to get rid of a few others.

Every ###### one of them should be removed as soon as possible.  I hope these cost cutting plans include that and we just have to somehow get through this season. Then a new broom.

Just wanted to bump this up.

Everything from Player management; ticket management; retail management; web-site management etc looks like a competency issue as of Summer 2021.

It feels serious. They can only add missing Season Ticket holders on Saturday....so that is the first thing I will look out for after the score(on Holiday but ST holder)

1 hour ago, RoverKyle said:

Tommy Doyle from Man City

Leighton Clarkson from Liverpool

Liam Delap from Man City

Patrick Roberts from Man City

Matt Smith from Man City who was on loan at Doncaster last season

Anthony Elanga from Man City

Kieran Dewsbury Hall from Leicester City

56 minutes ago, phili said:

Sheffield United had bid £2m for Rothwell and he had agreed personal terms with them and everyone believed he was going. I have no idea why he isn't their player now.

Venkys want to keep him and get him to sign a new contract. 

I do not believe Rothwell will sign new contract if Mowbray remains manager here. 

25 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Wishlist

Tommy Doyle Man City Centre Mid

Anthony Elanga Man Utd Winger 

Hannibal Man Utd Centre Mid

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall Leicester Centre Mid

Harvey Winger 

Liam Delap Man City Striker 

Can we bring in Marc Anthony, Napoleon and Sun Tsu while we are at it? 

Would help with our both our strategy and our tactics.

1 hour ago, phili said:

A friend did look into their wealth once and came back with a family fortune of around £3 billion. Which would be in top 5 wealthiest owners in the championship with the richest being the Coates family at Stoke City.

How can they have so much money and end up putting us in league one?

They could and should be paying good people to run this club effectively. 

1 hour ago, RoverKyle said:

There's obviously so many more, but many are unattainable due to PL interest, high wage demands and other external factors. Just a taste of some I like here:

Morgan Rogers, IF he doesn't get his move to Palace (£7m bid reported). Had a great season with Lincoln and fits the wide forward role well. Quite big and physical whilst having that Dolan-type skill and speed.

Anthony Elanga, but looking increasingly unlikely given his 1st team exploits. Play him as a DM, a wide player or even as a central striker, he's just got it all. Been arguably the best looking player in the PL2 for a long time now. Always impresses me when I see him.

Patrick Roberts. Last year of contract at City. Not going to be getting a new deal. Fits the left-footer off the right role that Harvey Elliott played in. Issue is wages, will want more than we can give and therefore will end up elsewhere.

Joe Hugill. Manchester United striker. Only 17-years-old so maybe a bit too soon but just has everything about him. Decent physical presence at 6ft 2", knows where the net is, finishes like a an experienced pro at a very young age. Would have to be a deal that saw the likes of Burns or McBride go out on loan themselves because we're not exactly in desperate need of young strikers.

Niels Nkounkou. Currently out at the Olympics representing France. Young left-back at Everton who's got something about him. Joined Everton from Marseille last summer. We've only got Lenni Rae Cirino covering Harry Pickering, so a left back cover might be a good idea?

J'Neil Lloyd-Bennett. Explosive winger at Spurs. Scored a very impressive amount in the U18's and then got 6 G+A's last year in the PL2. Made a few appearances in the EFL Trophy. Random fact, he was the 1st player to score a goal at the brand new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Edited by JoeH

28 minutes ago, Mhead2 said:

Just wanted to bump this up.

Everything from Player management; ticket management; retail management; web-site management etc looks like a competency issue as of Summer 2021.

It feels serious. They can only add missing Season Ticket holders on Saturday....so that is the first thing I will look out for after the score(on Holiday but ST holder)

From what i can gather from his cv he was at clubs who were going backwards and did nothing to alter that.  So i can only assume his ability is more in line with downgrading and making do than rebuilding.

Seems to me he was totally the wrong person and skill set to bring in if the aim was to build the club back up for a top end challenge on modest but quite healthy budgets.  Same can be said of the manager but he deserved his crack for a season or so after bouncing us back.

Sadly the boxes they tick fit more into the Rao likability section than fit for purpose section.

Edited by tomphil

14 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

How can they have so much money and end up putting us in league one?

They could and should be paying good people to run this club effectively. 

They obviously have plenty or good access to it at least but i think some of these billions and billions are wide of the mark.

All that started from Nick Harris who even said himself he'd been paid to spin a good line for the Vs.  When pressed on it he's never been able to explain how he arrived at that type of figure.  

I certainly think 1 billion dollar conglomerate is probably more apt but that doesn't mean they've got a billion quid in cash and assets to draw from when they want.

12 minutes ago, JoeH said:

There's obviously so many more, but many are unattainable due to PL interest, high wage demands and other external factors. Just a taste of some I like here:

Morgan Rogers, IF he doesn't get his move to Palace (£7m bid reported). Had a great season with Lincoln and fits the wide forward role well. Quite big and physical whilst having that Dolan-type skill and speed.

Anthony Elanga, but looking increasingly unlikely given his 1st team exploits. Play him as a DM, a wide player or even as a central striker, he's just got it all. Been arguably the best looking player in the PL2 for a long time now. Always impresses me when I see him.

Patrick Roberts. Last year of contract at City. Not going to be getting a new deal. Fits the left-footer off the right role that Harvey Elliott played in. Issue is wages, will want more than we can give and therefore will end up elsewhere.

Joe Hugill. Manchester United striker. Only 17-years-old so maybe a bit too soon but just has everything about him. Decent physical presence at 6ft 2", knows where the net is, finishes like a an experienced pro at a very young age. Would have to be a deal that saw the likes of Burns or McBride go out on loan themselves because we're not exactly in desperate need of young strikers.

Niels Nkounkou. Currently out at the Olympics representing France. Young left-back at Everton who's got something about him. Joined Everton from Marseille last summer. We've only got Lenni Rae Cirino covering Harry Pickering, so a left back cover might be a good idea?

J'Neil Lloyd-Bennett. Explosive winger at Spurs. Scored a very impressive amount in the U18's and then got 6 G+A's last year in the PL2. Made a few appearances in the EFL Trophy. Random fact, he was the 1st player to score a goal at the brand new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Some idea of what kind of player Nkounkou is against Fleetwood in the cup here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mr-q_sBFAw

Anthony Elanga clips from the 1st team pre-season game vs Brentford. #36 on the pitch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru3C3cz6gCs

J'Neil Lloyd-Bennett aforementioned goal at the THS - a few minutes into this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evwzc2kalqk&t=163s

I wonder if the mixed experiences of Harwood-Bellis and Harvey Elliot at Rovers will discourage some players/teams from loan deals. Their valuations were hardly enhanced, despite glimpses of ability. Then, there was Jarrad Branthwaite, who struggled badly. If players can find a more stable team and club, they'll probably give Rovers a miss.

Aside from adding a real star to the squad, I don't mind too much about missing out on youth loans and would prefer our own U23s given a chance. The position where I think we're desperate for anyone half-decent, be he inexperienced or not, is at CB. Magloire is yet to convince here or on loan and, the other CBs lack pace.

Edited by riverholmes

2 hours ago, J*B said:

You’re clearly struggling to understand how these things work. I was told by a senior club employee (that I obviously can’t name) that as of Tuesday last week, they where expecting one in and one out by the end of the week. That didn’t materialise, I’d guess that’s because Reach went to WBA. 

Nobody here knows anything as fact because it’s only official when it’s official, things move all the time. One minute we’re signing Reach and selling Rothwell, the next Reach has signed for WBA so we aren’t signing anyone.  I don’t believe Mercer when he’s talking about administration - not because I think he’s totally making it up, but because I can’t personally see it. That doesn’t mean he’s making it up, things change all the time and ‘sources’ are often wrong as well. We welcome people passing on what they’ve been told here. Even if it turns out to be wrong. 

Certainty and football walk different paths...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

I wonder if the mixed experiences of Harwood-Bellis and Harvey Elliot at Rovers will discourage some players/teams from loan deals. Their valuations were hardly enhanced, despite glimpses of ability. Then, there was Jarrad Branthwaite, who struggled badly. If players can find a more stable team and club, they'll probably give Rovers a miss.

Aside from adding a real star to the squad, I don't mind too much about missing out on youth loans and would prefer our own U23s given a chance. The position where I think we're desperate for anyone half-decent, be he inexperienced or not, is at CB. Magloire is yet to convince here or on loan and, the other CBs lack pace.

I can't see that to be honest i think it's quite the opposite and most of those young players will have benefited a lot from being here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, riverholmes said:

I think Elliott is a really strange example to use. Liverpool are very happy with how we used him and I'm pretty sure his reputation was indeed enhanced. THB is a weird one to mention too. Both players were success stories here, that's not really in doubt. Branthwaite not so much, but the experience will still have been valuable for him.

We have too much of a need for numbers to rely on our own u23s. Some of our u23s should be good enough to step up into the gaps, but about 10 of them? Nah. We need to bring in some better players. I don't want to keep borrowing any more than anyone else does, but 5 quality loans of the standard of the 2 you oddly criticised...if that's how it has to be, with our own players filling the squad gaps for the other 5 ish spots we need filling, until they can show they're up to being regular starters, is probably about as good as it could get at this point sadly.

• Like 3