BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

4 hours ago, J*B said:

You’re clearly struggling to understand how these things work. I was told by a senior club employee (that I obviously can’t name) that as of Tuesday last week, they where expecting one in and one out by the end of the week. That didn’t materialise, I’d guess that’s because Reach went to WBA. 

Nobody here knows anything as fact because it’s only official when it’s official, things move all the time. One minute we’re signing Reach and selling Rothwell, the next Reach has signed for WBA so we aren’t signing anyone.  I don’t believe Mercer when he’s talking about administration - not because I think he’s totally making it up, but because I can’t personally see it. That doesn’t mean he’s making it up, things change all the time and ‘sources’ are often wrong as well. We welcome people passing on what they’ve been told here. Even if it turns out to be wrong. 

Out of interest, was you told specifically that Reach was the in and Rothwell was the out?

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

That £3bn is probably closer to £5bn now. They aren’t cribbing about 20-30m. No way…

Over the years I’ve spoken to several people who either played / coached were present in the Venkys regime and EVERY single one had differing opinions but agreed that all you ever had to do was ask for money and it came…they phrase they use is “all you have to do is ask”

So I don’t believe Venkys are pushing the cuts or the sale of the training ground. That’s coming from those trying to justify their job working within the rules around ffp etc.

Do you still believe that "all you need to do is ask" Venkys even now? Just seems crazy and contrary to the last 10 years.

In regards to your comments suggesting that NOBODY shares ITK information to "willy wag," I would disagree, not aimed at anyone in particular but some seem to get a power from having a supposed inside source. At the end of the day, if people say something and it doesnt materialise, it will be judged as being incorrect, whether something changed along the way and it was at one stage correct, whether it was based on assumptions and second guesses, whether it was a random social media whisper or whether it was quite simply made up. That doesnt mean that people should be discouraged from posting when they hear things, this is absolutely the place for it, but they shouldnt be above a bit of ribbing if it doesnt happen.

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

There's obviously so many more, but many are unattainable due to PL interest, high wage demands and other external factors. Just a taste of some I like here:

Morgan Rogers, IF he doesn't get his move to Palace (£7m bid reported). Had a great season with Lincoln and fits the wide forward role well. Quite big and physical whilst having that Dolan-type skill and speed.

Anthony Elanga, but looking increasingly unlikely given his 1st team exploits. Play him as a DM, a wide player or even as a central striker, he's just got it all. Been arguably the best looking player in the PL2 for a long time now. Always impresses me when I see him.

Patrick Roberts. Last year of contract at City. Not going to be getting a new deal. Fits the left-footer off the right role that Harvey Elliott played in. Issue is wages, will want more than we can give and therefore will end up elsewhere.

Joe Hugill. Manchester United striker. Only 17-years-old so maybe a bit too soon but just has everything about him. Decent physical presence at 6ft 2", knows where the net is, finishes like a an experienced pro at a very young age. Would have to be a deal that saw the likes of Burns or McBride go out on loan themselves because we're not exactly in desperate need of young strikers.

Niels Nkounkou. Currently out at the Olympics representing France. Young left-back at Everton who's got something about him. Joined Everton from Marseille last summer. We've only got Lenni Rae Cirino covering Harry Pickering, so a left back cover might be a good idea?

J'Neil Lloyd-Bennett. Explosive winger at Spurs. Scored a very impressive amount in the U18's and then got 6 G+A's last year in the PL2. Made a few appearances in the EFL Trophy. Random fact, he was the 1st player to score a goal at the brand new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

It is such a worry that we are dealing solely in this market. I disagree with the notion shared by @RoversClitheroe that we should avoid loans, if players ae better than what we have, then it makes no sense to dismiss them. The key is to moderate usage of them, maybe a couple at most a season, and get the balance with your own assets and experience around it, which is where we will go wrong.

These players may be talented but it is very much dipping our toes into unknown waters because there is no evidence of what they are like in senior football, kids football is no barometer. Roberts is the exception but he comes off the back of a string of failed loans at this level.

I do remember watching that Nkounkou against Fleetwood and he was very impressive. But why would Everton loan him when he would likely be back up here?

2 hours ago, riverholmes said:

I wonder if the mixed experiences of Harwood-Bellis and Harvey Elliot at Rovers will discourage some players/teams from loan deals. Their valuations were hardly enhanced, despite glimpses of ability. Then, there was Jarrad Branthwaite, who struggled badly. If players can find a more stable team and club, they'll probably give Rovers a miss.

Couldn't disagree more with this evaluation. One has moved on to play for Anderlecht, definitely a step up, and the other is expected to be around the 1st team of a Champions League side next season, or get himself a PL loan, also a step up.

Both of those players have seen their valuations enhanced following their time at the club.

52 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Hoping we don't sign any loans this season.

Play our own.

I'm actually of this opinion now.

IF we had any chance of a promotion bid I'd be all for loans. Since we aren't we may as well develop our own..

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

These players may be talented but it is very much dipping our toes into unknown waters because there is no evidence of what they are like in senior football, kids football is no barometer.

Well obviously, but if loans is what we're getting, I'd rather us be going for the players that look the part, even if it isn't in 1st teams.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I do remember watching that Nkounkou against Fleetwood and he was very impressive. But why would Everton loan him when he would likely be back up here?

Yes, very true, the issue with most loan deals to be honest. It's why they happen so late in windows I suppose.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

These players may be talented but it is very much dipping our toes into unknown waters because there is no evidence of what they are like in senior football, kids football is no barometer

Also, this is the main reason I'd like Morgan Rogers. He's looked good in the academy games and at senior level in League One. He's easily a Championship player in my eyes and will go alot further than that.

9 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Yeah I wouldn’t give Mowbray another penny. To use Souness words he can wee with the willy he’s got. It might spur him on to get Ayala of his arse. He bought him he can sort it out otherwise he’s a centre back short. I can’t remember who said it but players get you sacked and he’s handed out enough soft contracts to get himself in this position. In attack he has £12 million worth of players in Gallagher and Diaz let’s use them as strikers. Also Armstrong hasn’t left. To replace his false winger let’s use our wingers. Let’s say Champman and Dolan.

Lets end the nonsense of everyone gets a game less he has and less fiddling he can do. If it doesn’t work sack him. The saved money can be given to the next man who might have a plan that does not involve mid table obscurity.

Yeah let’s give it a go with what we’ve got give him any extra and he’ll mess up big time as per usual

I wouldn't give him money to make cash signings but feel with the way our players get injured every other week we could do with a few coming in on loan.

I'm with you that he shouldn't be given the funds to bring in permanent players when fingers crossed he will not be here next season and the new man won't have to spend his time trying to find new homes for whatever ageing ,injury prone player Mowbray decides to hand a 3 year deal too

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

That isn't what is said. What is said is that folk would prefer to promote from within, rather than pay over the odds for a gamble from without.

The squad finished 15th last season with the highest assist maker in the league in Elliot and the 2nd top scorer who most likely won't be here either come 31st of August.

Mowbray won't be here next year with any luck so I don't want him being given the money to bring in permanent players but the squad definitely needs adding too.

Although I think we have some very good prospects, the loans Elliot and Harwood Bellis are a class above to what we have and I'm more concerned about staying in this league next year so we will be able to attract someone half decent rather than starting again in league one.Our youngsters will get chances to play next season regardless of who we bring in anyway 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

IF we had any chance of a promotion bid I'd be all for loans. Since we aren't we may as well develop our own..

What about staying up?We have already lost our main creator Elliot and are likely to lose our only consistent goalscorer.

If we could guarantee that everyone would stay fit then I can see us staying up as there are worse in the league.But if we have a season like last year with injuries we will end up having to use the youngsters who are nowhere near ready.

Losing most weeks and potentially getting relegated won't be good for our youngsters either.

It's not ideal, and it isn't the way I want things but if we can find loans that are better than what we have then they need adding .

Carter although a good prospect and did well in league one last year he was totally out of his depth when given the chance last time.

It's similar with the other young players we have,agreed they need chances but we need a few players in 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, islander200 said:

What about staying up?We have already lost our main creator Elliot and are likely to lose our only consistent goalscorer.

If we could guarantee that everyone would stay fit then I can see us staying up as there are worse in the league.But if we have a season like last year with injuries we will end up having to use the youngsters who are nowhere near ready.

I think there's far weaker teams If we stay relatively injury free

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Out of interest, was you told specifically that Reach was the in and Rothwell was the out?

No - for the sake of it, I’ll paste the conversation below: 

Heard there will be a new signing this week?

And one out. 

Arma? 

Team news will make it obvious.

Then it became apparent Rothwell wasn’t in the squad for the friendly whilst Armstrong was. So I said Rothwell. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

No - for the sake of it, I’ll paste the conversation below: 

Heard there will be a new signing this week?

And one out. 

Arma? 

Team news will make it obvious.

Then it became apparent Rothwell wasn’t in the squad for the friendly whilst Armstrong was. So I said Rothwell. 

I had also heard that Rothwell was signing for Sheffield United, similar timing to JB posting about one out.

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I agree but i'm just concerned that good young loans have been needed the last few seasons. And all have played a big part in just ensuring midtable finishes so with them gone and quite a few influential older guys it's a tricky time approaching to be so lightweight.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/portsmouth-arsenal-midfielder-transfer-trial-5738183

Deemed not good enough for Portsmouth.  Probably a perfect Mowbray signing then. Expect him to be a rovers player by next week