BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Unfortunately I think when you look at Facebook, the fans still love him.

Anyone saying a negative word about him gets abuse as seen by my tweet and whenever I've posted on FB.

Yep, still bombproof with a hell of a lot of fans.

I’ve never known such a mediocrity be so staunchly supported for so long.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Unfortunately I think when you look at Facebook, the fans still love him.

Anyone saying a negative word about him gets abuse as seen by my tweet and whenever I've posted on FB.

I think it's swings and roundabouts you tend to get the same old ones jump onto posts with the same old strawman arguments.

Saw an LT tweet the other day in regards to Ayala and at time of me looking there was about 30 replies.  80% of them were realistic that this was a terrible signing to say the least, so i just think it depends mostly on what people are replying to.

Some harmless tweets or posts get negative reactions and that triggers the types who'll not hear a bad word. Then they tend to quickly turn to insults or disappear when they can't back up their offence against realistic arguments.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Ambition, ambition, ambition.

The aim when we came up from League 1 should have been to march straight on to the PL the next season just as Wilder did with Sheff U.. 

Realism, realism, realism

You can count on one hand the number of clubs that have actually done that in the past 10yrs, I bet none of them had bonkers owners either. 

We can have ambitions as fans, but the clubs a basket case from top to bottom, anyone who thinks the club post 2011 will get anywhere near the Premiership isn't being realistic.

Nothing improves until the owners leave, 7 failed managers proves that, how many more before people wake up to the real issue.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Gav said:

Realism, realism, realism

You can count on one hand the number of clubs that have actually done that in the past 10yrs, I bet none of them had bonkers owners either. 

We can have ambitions as fans, but the clubs a basket case from top to bottom, anyone who thinks the club post 2011 will get anywhere near the Premiership isn't being realistic.

Nothing improves until the owners leave, 7 failed managers proves that, how many more before people wake up to the real issue.

Well, if they ever appointed a decent manager we might get the chance to put your theory to the test!

• Like 1

Personally, I have accepted our fate. The club needs a complete refresh from top to bottom, and for me that can only start with both Waggot and TM heading out the door. 

At this point I would rather not spend any money, have a season of struggle, gamble that we have enough to stay up (which I believe we will based on the starting 11 we can field) and provide our finances with a break. Furthermore this route will provide opportunities for our academy players to be blood through an hopefully establish themselves as key members of the squad. I think at the end of the season when his contract is up TM will go, and hopefully Waggot will follow. I half wonder if that’s why no funds are currently being provided, with Venkys perhaps losing their confidence in TM and his ability to spend, with them instead putting a halt to the spending for a season so next season, under a new manager, they can loosen things up again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Aiming to be challenging for a top 6 spot after three season is hardly ambitious. You can be round about half way in the table and not without a chance of making a run at the play offs most of the season.

If he'd said something like the aim is automatic promotion within 2-3 seasons then yes, that would have been an ambitious target but as others have said to the extent he has mentioned anything about the play offs, those words are belied by his actual actions and the conflicting narrative about "being on a journey" etc.

A play-off spot should never be an ambition. The target is automatic promotion and a play off spot is the runner-up safety net. It sums up Mowbray's acceptance of mediocrity, and it permeates through the team. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well, if they ever appointed a decent manager we might get the chance to put your theory to the test!

Lambert had a decent record, plenty of experience, sold a pack of lies by the owners and left.

Mowbray has a Premiership promotion under his belt and plenty of experience. 

We have nobody at the club who couldn't appoint and decent manager Rev, they rely of 3rd party agents who only appoint from the pool of shite they have on the books, sack, line pockets then repeat....

Edited by Gav

4 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Personally, I have accepted our fate. The club needs a complete refresh from top to bottom, and for me that can only start with both Waggot and TM heading out the door. 

At this point I would rather not spend any money, have a season of struggle, gamble that we have enough to stay up (which I believe we will based on the starting 11 we can field) and provide our finances with a break. Furthermore this route will provide opportunities for our academy players to be blood through an hopefully establish themselves as key members of the squad. I think at the end of the season when his contract is up TM will go, and hopefully Waggot will follow. I half wonder if that’s why no funds are currently being provided, with Venkys perhaps losing their confidence in TM and his ability to spend, with them instead putting a halt to the spending for a season so next season, under a new manager, they can loosen things up again. 

I really hope it's as straightforwards as that but it really isn't a healthy way to run for a season.

Unless those two are happy to go along with it there are a lot of things that could sour.

Besides when did these owners ever actually have a real plan ?

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

What is for certain, is that squad is way too thing, certainly in defence.

One thing that does stand out is that 15 out of the 20 players in the squad are English - that must be fairly unusual these days.

Screenshot 2021-08-04 112624.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-04 112652.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-04 112736.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-04 112748.jpg

I suppose you could add Magloire and Carter into that but against that Wharton isn't available for a month or two, nor Dack for a much longer period.

34 minutes ago, Gav said:

Lambert had a decent record, plenty of experience, sold a pack of lies by the owners and left.

Mowbray has a Premiership promotion under his belt and plenty of experience. 

We have nobody at the club who couldn't appoint and decent manager Rev, they rely of 3rd party agents who only appoint from the pool of shite they have on the books, sack, line pockets then repeat....

So did Coyle!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

What is for certain, is that squad is way too thing, certainly in defence.

One thing that does stand out is that 15 out of the 20 players in the squad are English - that must be fairly unusual these days.

Screenshot 2021-08-04 112624.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-04 112652.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-04 112736.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-04 112748.jpg

Bit strange that Pike is listed as a first teamer despite never making an appearance but Carter and Magloire aren't and they have a handful of appearances to there names.

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

He won't though because the scaled back model takes all the heat off him. It'll suit him down to the ground just think of the new set of excuses set to be trotted out. He already started the ball rolling the other week with his comments.  So much for having faith in his players.

Him and Waggot have created their own comfort zone here there's never been an ounce of ambition in either. 

Can you imagine the reaction on Dragon's Den had they both gone in with that pitch?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Trouble is, Mowbray isn't Howard Kendall.

In fact that might just be the understatement of all time. 

He isn't even Don Mackay.

He isn't even Jim Illey.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3