BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I am in those FB groups but have never posted. Mainly because most of the posts are like this:

image.png.21e3a617597535db7184a6167af7c3ae.png

Thing is, that's exactly why you should post on it. They live in their own little echo chamber in that group (as do we of course). The lack of sufficient challenge on there is a factor in why a lot of the fanbase think everything is fine. The power of Group Think is real.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, islander200 said:

Losing most weeks and potentially getting relegated won't be good for our youngsters either.

It's not ideal, and it isn't the way I want things but if we can find loans that are better than what we have then they need adding .

Carter although a good prospect and did well in league one last year he was totally out of his depth when given the chance last time.

It's similar with the other young players we have,agreed they need chances but we need a few players in 

But thats was 12 months and since then he had a successful loan spell there at Burton

Depends on the quality on who you bring in and their wages

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course, targets come and go, watch a few episodes of that Sunderland documentary to see what a madhouse transfer windows can be at clubs in a big a mess as us.

Have you ever watch the Wilder deadline day one when its shows the madhouse of the day

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

What is for certain, is that squad is way too thing, certainly in defence.

One thing that does stand out is that 15 out of the 20 players in the squad are English - that must be fairly unusual these days.

Screenshot 2021-08-04 112624.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-04 112652.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-04 112736.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-04 112748.jpg

missing Butterworth, McBride, Carter and Maglorie from that squad

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

So did Coyle!

Mercer is COyle number 1 fan and part of his fan club

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

missing Butterworth, McBride, Carter and Maglorie from that squad

The above is the senior squad and these players are in the u23 squad.

You do realise that we have two squads and need two squads and that everyone in the u23s isn't automatically a first team squad player?

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The above is the senior squad and these players are in the u23 squad.

You do realise that we have two squads and need two squads and that everyone in the u23s isn't automatically a first team squad player?

I am fully aware of that thanks JH,  but McBride, Carter and I would guess Butterworth will be in 18 man squad on Saturday and Maglorie will be depending on Ayala and his fitness. 

I would keep all 4 this season around the first team squad this season. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am fully aware of that thanks JH,  but McBride, Carter and I would guess Butterworth will be in 18 man squad on Saturday and Maglorie will be depending on Ayala and his fitness. 

I would keep all 4 this season around the first team squad this season. 

Would you really, honestly do that?

Or are you just saying that because you expect that is what will happen because the club is such a shambles?

I suspect you and the manager along with pretty much everyone else would, if they could, favour signing experienced professionals for these positions rather than gambling the season and the club's future on kids.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Would you really, honestly do that?

Or are you just saying that because you expect that is what will happen because the club is such a shambles?

I suspect you and the manager along with pretty much everyone else would, if they could, favour signing experienced professionals for these positions rather than gambling the season and the club's future on kids.

Yes I would keep Carter, McBride, Garrett, Butterworth in this season first team squad. 

The owners aren't sanctioning any signings at all, Mowbray couldn't even get Adam Reach in. I suspect we might seen a couple of PL loans. Maybe not even that unless Armstrong is sold would at the minute looks unlikely as we have no recent bids for him. Plus I would look to use any money for a replacement for Armstrong. 

I think we need to develop and bring through as many as under 23's as possible who are good enough and have quality

Edited by chaddyrovers

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The owners aren't sanctioning any signings at all, Mowbray couldn't even get Adam Reach in. 

How do you know this?Could it not be that Reach decided to go to West Brom instead of us?Not seen anything anywhere were it was said the Venkys said no to the deal?

Also if we can't make any signings at all why did the owners allow a new head of recruitment to come in?

And on Carter yes he did well at Burton but that was in league one Chaddy.I think he is a good prospect but last time he played Championship he clearly wasn't ready.Id like to see him get opportunities but wouldnt want to go into the season with Lenihen, Ayala, Carter and Magloire as our only options until Wharton is fit.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I would keep Carter, McBride, Garrett, Butterworth in this season first team squad. 

The owners aren't sanctioning any signings at all, Mowbray couldn't even get Adam Reach in. I suspect we might seen a couple of PL loans. Maybe not even that unless Armstrong is sold would at the minute looks unlikely as we have no recent bids for him. Plus I would look to use any money for a replacement for Armstrong. 

The owners are not sanctioning any signings at all.  I agree wholeheartedly with that point.  The owners and local management couldn’t manage a coffee shop successfully.  Reading this morning that Brereton has now gone from 8000 followers on Instagram to 800,000 mainly in South America.  Any decent management should look at that and build on it.  After identifying the position you would like to fill in the transfer window, If it was left to me I would be scouring the Chilean leagues looking if someone suitable could fill that position, thus consolidating support in that part of the world with a view to selling merchandise, etc.

However at Rovers there is no one who can think outside of the box because the all appear to want a very easy and lucrative life.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

How do you know this? Could it not be that Reach decided to go to West Brom instead of us?

Not seen anything anywhere were it was said the Venkys said no to the deal?

It was posted on here by a number of people. Look at Phili, JB and RoversClitheroe posts on here about Rothwell leaving and Reach coming in. 

Look at this post please https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/34843-summer-transfer-window-2021/?do=findComment&comment=2227771

Also if we can't make any signings at all why did the owners allow a new head of recruitment to come in?

god knows. Might aswell left Glyn Chamberlain in charge who was running it when Harvey left as temporary head of recruitment. 

We aren't signing anyone this well

And on Carter yes he did well at Burton but that was in league one Chaddy.I think he is a good prospect but last time he played Championship he clearly wasn't ready.Id like to see him get opportunities but wouldnt want to go into the season with Lenihen, Ayala, Carter and Magloire as our only options until Wharton is fit.

well its looks like we will cos we aren't signing anyone. 

Thats why he went on loan to develop his game and get match games. He did well and Hasselbaink was full of praise for him

14 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

The owners are not sanctioning any signings at all.  I agree wholeheartedly with that point.  The owners and local management couldn’t manage a coffee shop successfully.  Reading this morning that Brereton has now gone from 8000 followers on Instagram to 800,000 mainly in South America.  Any decent management should look at that and build on it.  After identifying the position you would like to fill in the transfer window, If it was left to me I would be scouring the Chilean leagues looking if someone suitable could fill that position, thus consolidating support in that part of the world with a view to selling merchandise, etc.

However at Rovers there is no one who can think outside of the box because the all appear to want a very easy and lucrative life.

totally agree there. maybe even look to bring in team mate or 2

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was posted on here by a number of people. Look at Phili, JB and RoversClitheroe posts on here about Rothwell leaving and Reach coming in. 

Look at this post please https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/34843-summer-transfer-window-2021/?do=findComment&comment=2227771

god knows. Might aswell left Glyn Chamberlain in charge who was running it when Harvey left as temporary head of recruitment. 

We aren't signing anyone this well

well its looks like we will cos we aren't signing anyone. 

Thats why he went on loan to develop his game and get match games. He did well and Hasselbaink was full of praise for him

Then why is Mowbray,Sharpe and Crooke still talking about loan players coming in?

Carter did well but like I just said it was league one not championship.If we go the season with Lenihen,Ayala , Magloire and Carter then we are in trouble

Just now, islander200 said:

Then why is Mowbray,Sharpe and Crooke still talking about loan players coming in?

asked them not me. But will Venkys authorise it tho? They have to authorise everything

Just now, islander200 said:

Carter did well but like I just said it was league one not championship.If we go the season with Lenihen,Ayala , Magloire and Carter then we are in trouble

well until he give him a proper opportunities in the championship we will never know. I rather give him a chance then sign more another ex boro defender

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think we need to develop and bring through as many as under 23's as possible who are good enough and have quality

I totally agree.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

asked them not me. But will Venkys authorise it tho? They have to authorise everything

well until he give him a proper opportunities in the championship we will never know. I rather give him a chance then sign more another ex boro defender

It's you who is saying we won't even make loan signings.I don't believe that .Loan players will be brought in.

Also you are now saying "Venkys have to agree everything" .Yet earlier in the window you were shouting everyone down telling us all that Mowbray had agreed the budget when someone posted a negative post about our lack of activity in the transfer market.

We have one senior centre back fit in Lenihen.

• Like 1

It's you who is saying we won't even make loan signings.I don't believe that .Loan players will be brought in.

Also you are now saying "Venkys have to agree everything" .Yet earlier in the window you were shouting everyone down telling us all that Mowbray had agreed the budget when someone posted a negative post about our lack of activity in the transfer market.

We have one senior centre back fit in Lenihen.

What loan signings? Are they going to better than we have? Why not develop our own players? 

That's what was said by Mowbray after the last game or so. 

We have 3/4 centre backs fit for the Swansea game.

And who would you want to sign as senior centre back then?

Edited by chaddyrovers