BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

The Armstrong saga needs to be resolved. For the good of the club as much as anything. We haven’t sold a major asset in years (haven’t had many mind you). I don’t want him to go in many ways but the club is clearly desperate for cash and this is one of the few ways of generating funds. Let’s get it over with.

• Like 3

Idah would be a similar situation to Obafemi, a young and largely unproven striker who on a permanent deal could be a decent investment, but on loan would be no good.

Armstrong leaving will leave us in a terrible place as his goal record is superb but we cannot allow him to leave for free.

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Idah would be a similar situation to Obafemi, a young and largely unproven striker who on a permanent deal could be a decent investment, but on loan would be no good.

Armstrong leaving will leave us in a terrible place as his goal record is superb but we cannot allow him to leave for free.

Idah would be good signing for us and would give us pace and knows where the goals are. 

Yes he is young but is international player for Ireland 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If it's a loan that is absolutely awful piece of business. Regardless of money.

• Like 2

Imagine if Mowbray and Waggot are only hanging on so they can oversee one of their major assets move on for money.

Get their % if there are any and get their payoff then leg it.

We can but dream, of course that would leave us further in the mire but with a genuine chance of a fresh rebuild.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Idah would be good signing for us and would give us pace and knows where the goals are. 

He would if its permanent, at the moment he is relatively untested although has shown glimpses as Pukki's back up. Playing for Ireland is not really an achievement these days!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I suppose he's found the net 3 times in 29 games for Norwich. Sounds lethal 

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

He would if its permanent, at the moment he is relatively untested although has shown glimpses as Pukki's back up. Playing for Ireland is not really an achievement these days!

Well that's what the tweet says. 

Armstrong was untested here as number 9 striker until Dack got injury. Then Armstrong moved to striker role and scored goals for fun. Something else you were unsure about he could do whilst I.said that how we replaced Dack goal return by moving him there

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well that's what the tweet says. 

Armstrong was untested here as number 9 striker until Dack got injury. Then Armstrong moved to striker role and scored goals for fun. Something else you were unsure about he could do whilst I.said that how we replaced Dack goal return by moving him there

Got to question why Mowbray didn't play him upfront in the first place.

Oh yeah - cos Mowbray is an awful manager.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I agree that a loan of either would be a bad deal 

You keep saying unproven, but both have played in the Premier league and internationally. We ain't signing better with a fee would be my take. Do you think if we got say 15 million ,we would sign someone better? 

Why on earth are why trying to get another striker in to replace Armstrong?

We are crying out for quality in the centre of defence, we've been crying out for quality in that area for 10yrs, how about a hard tackling quality midfielder in exchange, anywhere but up front surely.

This obsession with strikers when we leak goals like a sieve.......

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That comes accross pretty snide and condescending,I'm sure it is for those who get called up. Although yes, we are shite. 

• Like 2

I wouldn’t want a young player from a Premiership club that’s unproven at this level. If I’m buying I’m looking for someone who has a minimum 30 professional league appearances and has scored goals. Not bothered too much which league - I’d take League 1 no problems - but for me we can’t afford to gamble on a Idah or Obafemi. If it does have to be one of them, I want a loan with a option to buy. 

• Like 2

Idah has looked great and especially this pre-season. He’s a quality player and if we did manage to bring him in it would be impressive business.

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Why on earth are why trying to get another striker in to replace Armstrong?

We are crying out for quality in the centre of defence, we've been crying out for quality in that area for 10yrs, how about a hard tackling quality midfielder in exchange, anywhere but up front surely.

This obsession with strikers when we leak goals like a sieve.......

Probably cos he's virtually our only source of goals? Of course he needs to be replaced.

The defence is a serious problem too, but we can't fail to replace someone who just notched 29 goals. The defence wasn't as bad last season with Kaminski behind it, and if Wharton comes back in similar form that will improve it from the majority of last season. We also signed Pickering, we will see how that turns out.

Obviously if the club had done and continued to do good business, we could be strengthening both areas from the Armstrong fee. Instead we will get less than we should and give a huge chunk of it straight to Newcastle, at a time where gate receipts are down due to SW's incompetence. But not replacing Armstrong at all simply shouldn't be an option.