BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

53 minutes ago, pentelrobot said:

Not easy to get rid of a player who has been given a four year contract. Same goes for Ayala-three year contract and he has only played a handful of games. Does anyone know what his injury is?

Making sure he stays injury free , for his next move during the summer..

Hayden Carter on the scoresheet for Burton tonight and another clean sheet. He's had a very impressive loan spell there surely he has to be part of the 1st team squad next season. We aren't exactly blessed with centre backs.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Hayden Carter on the scoresheet for Burton tonight and another clean sheet. He's had a very impressive loan spell there surely he has to be part of the 1st team squad next season. We aren't exactly blessed with centre backs.

I bet he stays there.....I'd prefer to play for a young upcoming charismatic manager like Jimmy compared to our moodhoover of a manager and his dodgy mates

I'm waiting for the 12 month extension for Benno .....that's coming folks.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Surely not?

A month or so ago I thought the same, but I can see it.

'With the huge turnover of personnel this summer that was in no way my fault, it was crucial to tie down such a versatile player as Benno. He always gives his all, and gives us so many options in several areas now we are looking light in nearly every area.

He's also a fantastic presence in the dressing room, and we've hooked his arm to a generator so that every time he fist pumps it powers the training centre. Practically pays for himself.'

• Like 2

I was just reflecting on something when I saw Carter now has 4 goals in 18 games on loan. Which is good, albeit in League One, but it made me think.

Defenders absolutely should defend first and foremost, and attacking-wise fullbacks' priority should be creating not scoring.

But has a SINGLE defender scored for us all season? I certainly can't remember it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I was just reflecting on something when I saw Carter now has 4 goals in 18 games on loan. Which is good, albeit in League One, but it made me think.

Defenders absolutely should defend first and foremost, and attacking-wise fullbacks' priority should be creating not scoring.

But has a SINGLE defender scored for us all season? I certainly can't remember it.

I don't think any have scored...Douglas has come mighty close though.

23 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It's an issue no doubt about it. I think it says a lot about our set pieces as that's often where defenders score from. 

I'm more concerned that our midfield 2 in the 4-2-3-1 or 3 in the 4-3-3 formation don't get many goals either. None have more than a couple I think? I get rotation and injuries don't help but even so would expect a few more goals from our midfielders. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

D Williams scored in 5-0 win over Wycombe at start of season.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Wanna bet? Ryan going, JRC looks like he's going.....the man left in the building is the fist pumper himself.  12 month extension on 5k i reckon...

Whilst he does his coaching badges.

Iv'e heard that's what Downing has been up to, nice work if you can get it. Mind you i wouldn't be averse to him taking over !

However it sounds like another Mowbray favour sponsored by Rovers money.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Craigman said:

D Williams scored in 5-0 win over Wycombe at start of season.

Good spot but begs the response that there's been a hell of a lot of games since then.

I have to say that for all the times our central defenders trot up for corners I never have any real expectation that they'll score.. 

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Yep another horrific Mowbray stat. Mental considering he himself was a monster in the air. 

On 13/04/2021 at 10:36, roversfan99 said:

Have you seen many full games in which he has played out of interest or is this based solely on data and highlight reels?

I've watched a few hours worth of his game clips on Wyscout. Both positive and negative.

Whilst I know @chaddyrovers is jibing for fun, it's quite hilarious to read comments questioning Pickering's ability after Crewe lose 6-0 and then to read "Nowt to do with Rovers" after Crewe keep a clean sheet! I think that shows a little bit of bias towards "he's not good" in this conversation.

A lot of debate on Pickering, but as I said, I think he'll be better than anything we've had at left-back for some time, and certainly better than Bell and Douglas. I'm happy to eat my hat and say I'm wrong if by the end of the season he's not genuinely out performed those two.