BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Norwich media sources have confirmed there’s been no bid for Adam Armstrong, nor has idah been offered as he’s a player firmly in their plans. Cheers Nixon for selling us a dream of a deal. 

My bet is that Southampton will eventually sign him for about 15m. Anything less than 20 (or 15m plus obafemi or Idah on a perm) would be dissapointing.

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Simple question - would you rather survive in the Championship and lose Armstrong on a free next summer or sell him now, get money that won't benefit the club and get relegated?

Armstrong wants out and why keep an unhappy players at the club? 

Who says we would get relegated if we sold him? if we got Idah as part of the deal on permanent basis then we have replacement in

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The £20m loss is due to Mowbray having carte blanche.

Did we really need Downing back last year? What did he take home, a couple of million? What about Douglas? Mulgrew Bennett? The amount of money he's spaffed on wages for shit players / players that don't even get a game is absurd.

This x100

What we now see it the end product of his so called building the club to challenge the top 6. I can't understand why his groupies can't accept these facts but his old boys look after everybody mentality has left the club having to slash back anything with a pulse.

Even worse he's had a 300k a year Chief Exec overseeing it all.  Yes we know management isn't easy.No guarantees it wouldn't be similar if someone else had been here.

However the complete lack of accountability is a disgrace. The covid situation has clearly pushed it over the edge and exposed how flawed it's all been.....again.

We know the ownership is at the tip of everything wrong but in the last FFP cycle they've paid so called competent people to manage it differently than before.

Those people have blown their own trumpet enough. 

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The point is that the money has already been spent. Venkys invest in transfer fees on the proviso they get it back through sales. So the Brereton and Gallagher cash has already been earmarked.

Simple question - would you rather survive in the Championship and lose Armstrong on a free next summer or sell him now, get money that won't benefit the club and get relegated?

Selling your best players and not signing anyone whilst releasing 11 players is stupid beyond belief, as is persisting with a poor manager. We're good at making stupid decisions here.

We have sold Raya in the last few years.

Even Rhodes that you mentioned in previous posts he wanted out a long time before the move was sanctioned by the owners.

Would I rather stay in the championship and lose Armstrong on a free next summer?Like IV said to you already we will be in a worse position next summer as we will have nobody of high value to sell and we could go down next season instead of this.

Absolutely no guarantee Armstrong bangs in the goal at a similar rate as last season.He wants to leave something you don't get.

We have spent money so stop coming out with bullshit that we haven't.

13 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The £20m loss is due to Mowbray having carte blanche.

Did we really need Downing back last year? What did he take home, a couple of million? What about Douglas? Mulgrew Bennett? The amount of money he's spaffed on wages for shit players / players that don't even get a game is absurd.

This is it. It all adds up. Mowbray has been careless with the budget. 

Ideal scenario?

Cash

Extensions for Nyambe, Rothwell, Brereton (even if they include release clauses next summer) hopefully we can cash in on them also.

Funding for a big PL loanee. A Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Liam Delap or someone of that ilk.

Also funding a couple of longer term Harry Pickering type targets from League One/Scotland/Europe

Then money in the funds against FFP

Wishful thinking I know, but that has to be the ultimate win for us this season. 

8 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Norwich media sources have confirmed there’s been no bid for Adam Armstrong, nor has idah been offered as he’s a player firmly in their plans. Cheers Nixon for selling us a dream of a deal. 

My bet is that Southampton will eventually sign him for about 15m. Anything less than 20 (or 15m plus obafemi or Idah on a perm) would be dissapointing.

Source? 

1 minute ago, rog of the rovers said:

Ideal scenario?

Cash

Extensions for Nyambe, Rothwell, Brereton (even if they include release clauses next summer) hopefully we can cash in on them also.

Funding for a big PL loanee. A Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Liam Delap or someone of that ilk.

Also funding a couple of longer term Harry Pickering type targets from League One/Scotland/Europe

Then money in the funds against FFP

Wishful thinking I know, but that has to be the ultimate win for us this season. 

We need a goal scoring striker to replace Arma from the get-go.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Ings is 28. Armstrong 24. Hardly a big gap in age. Plus ings is a proven scorer

Ings is 29 with an injury record, but a proven scorer indeed. In five years Ings at 34 will be worth a lot less while Arma could still fetch £25m with one year left of his contract 😉

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Don't believe anything Nixon says. He gets about 1 in a 100 of his fliers right

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need to raise funds to meet FFP threshold of losses only of 39 million pounds over 3 seasons but we have lost 39 million in the last 2 club accounts/seasons so its ain't got owt to do Covid. The owners backed Mowbray again last seasons with signings and higher wage bill last season than ever. And Mowbray failed to deliver promotion. 

Other clubs don't have our high wages compare to our turnover and clubs sell players for money during the 3 year period but  we haven't apart from Raya. Thats it. Mowbray has spent 20 million in transfer fees here and plus wages. He has been financial back and not deliver. 

Yes we know they are other reasons why the club is in the state it is. But we have discuss this haven't we?

I think the squad is good enough to stay up and we can keep bringing through our young quality players

Rhodes was always going to be sold cos Lambert didn't want Rhodes and his playing style doesn't fit Lambert who wants a Target man striker like Graham then skilful striker like Watt or pacey striker like Jackson. 

It was clear from pretty much when Lambert came in

Well it is to do with Covid. Firstly because our losses are much higher than they would have been without Covid - surely you accept that?

And secondly because FFP rules were relaxed so that costs and lost revenues directly attributable to the pandemic could be claimed as an exemption - so all this talk about having no fans for 18 months doesn't contribute to calculations.

The wage bill has been slashed over the last few months. Selling Armstrong won't change that unless he isn't replaced either in which case we might as well give up.

Lots of clubs have high wages to turnover. Preston were at 160% in the last figures yet I don't see them offloading half their squad and ending up in dire straits.

I'll be the first to slag Mowbray off but he hasn't spent £20 million in transfer fees. Off the top of my head he's had Brereton £7 million, Gallagher £5 million, Armstrong £2 million and then smaller ones like Kaminski, Davenport and Pickering for a few hundred grand each. So more like £15 million or so net spend. That is good backing and more importantly he hasn't had to sell anyone and has had time in the job to do it as he likes without instability. But since 2019 we've actually spent only a few hundred grand here and there. Lets not make out as though we've been on a spending spree.

I'm not really interested in the reasons for selling Rhodes. The more important point is what we did afterwards and what we can learn from that. The fact is the money disappeared and we got relegated. I don't want that to happen again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

Maybe an agent or the club being clever to get Southampton and Watford to up their bids/interest...?

If the club you're referring to as being clever is rovers, I'm afraid you're wrong. There's not enough nouse in the corridors of power. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Chaps, I know it’s pre-season but we’re not going to do any work on shape, formation, attacking or defending until we know who we’re signing. Once deadline day is over, we’ll start thinking about that. 

What a f****ng joke of a club...and I am still tempted to get a season ticket!

• Like 1