BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Supplementary,it's fine. If our only 5 signings are 5 young players on loan, you ain't succeeding with that 

Success will be staying up next season,Mowbray could sign Messi and Ronaldo and we wouldn't touch the top 6 with him in charge.

It's not a long term fix agreed, but I just want us to get through next season and still be in the league.Let the new man build his own squad as Mowbray is on borrowed time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SamTheShrew said:

And then choose a formation to play based on these players who will sod off a year later. Beyond short-sighted 

You couldn't make it up could you. 

Any half decent manager would probably say you choose your style of play then bring in the players to suit that system.

At worst,  choose a method of play that suits your permanent players and bring in loanees who can or are willing to play that way.

The manager treating us all like idiots yet again and taking the **** out of the fans and this once proud Club.

**** off Mowbray, why are you even still here anyway? Ah yes, waiting for a year's compo.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sounds like there is minimal chance of any replacements for Armstrong or new deals for all of the others whose contract is running down. That is nothing to do with saving money because allowing assets to run their contracts down is not financially wise. Those bastards in India just dont give a shit.

What a mess we are in. From that interview it sounds like Mowbray wants to give new contracts to Nyambe, Lenihan and so on but is being prevented from doing so by the owners. He says he will seek to address that issue again with the club once the window shuts, but he almost sounds resigned to losing them next summer. I can see them trying to offload one or two in January at this rate. I dread to think what our side will look like come August 2022.

It feels like all those silly loyalty contracts that were handed out in 2018, plus the wages wasted on the likes of Rodwell, Downing, Gladwin, etc have come back to bite him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

Sounds like Palace are close, close enough that we have allowed Armstrong to begin contract talks.

That’s incorrect Rovers would appear to have knocked it back so there won’t be any contract talks until the sale price is met. Only then will Rovers allow AA to talk to palace 

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Have you ever seen Doyle play? 

Or are you just saying some unknown 19 year old will just walk into our midfield? He probably would to be fair and I haven't seen him either 

Not sure

But he is Man City under 23 captain and has first team games under his belt. 

If we are bring in loans then their team will want them to play

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Crystal Palace, Watford, Norwich or Southampton...... what a choice. For supporters of a certain age they're just rubbish third division southern clubs that we used to look down on in disdain.

I feel sorry for Armstrong. 

What age would that be - 80+? Blackburn has been a small town club since the mid-60s when the maximum wage was abolished. The clubs mentionned above have consistently finished either around or above Rovers in the past 40 years except for the Jack Walker- funded period. The financial realities of better-supported clubs dominating during the period up to 1992 have returned so Rovers are now just a club in the lower regions of the second tier at best.

Fact check - Rovers played both CP and Norwich in Div 2 in the 3 seasons ending 1968/69, Watford were Div 1 runners-up in 1983 and Southampton in Div 2 from 1975 onwards.

6 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

What a mess we are in. From that interview it sounds like Mowbray wants to give new contracts to Nyambe, Lenihan and so on but is being prevented from doing so by the owners. He says he will seek to address that issue again with the club once the window shuts, but he almost sounds resigned to losing them next summer. I can see them trying to offload one or two in January at this rate. I dread to think what our side will look like come August 2022.

It feels like all those silly loyalty contracts that were handed out in 2018, plus the wages wasted on the likes of Rodwell, Downing, Gladwin, etc have come back to bite him.

Yes, could have looked after Nyambe,  Lenihan et al long ago by not padding out the squad with squad fillers, not dishing out lengthy contracts to substandard players, and not spending hundreds of thousands if not millions on loan fees.

• Like 1

I thought we had a style of play and systems that fit that ?   It's called possession football and they've wasted the last 2 seasons implementing it.

What is the point of signing players that don't fit that ?   Like Ayala for example...

Mowbray is just so full of shite it would be funny if i wasn't a rovers fan. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

The only thing I'm bothered about now is making sure Mowbray isn't here next summer.

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

“These sort of comments don’t help”… who? The club? Your opinion?

Lets just start with the first bit about sacking people - you’ve a list of prerequisites for their replacement but you have no names? Equally you mention two years wasted / money up the wall.. does that mean TM and SW should’ve been sacked after finishing 2nd in league 1 then 15th in the champ? Hardly reasonable is it? Maybe in hindsight?

In terms of CEO recommendation from the manager, surely that’s irrelevant? Surely we should sticking to the “poor results” argument (in terms of commercial) with Waggott, because simply firing him because of his previous employment makes no sense?

You’re experience and view of the current setup is fair enough, I actually would love someone like John Williams - but John Williams made his name in the job.

Equally I’d love a top down tooth and nail approach but you won’t even accept that this is hindered by our “freytening” levels of turnover to expenditure, won’t accept FFP impacts this, won’t accept Covid impact… it’s all excuses to you.

Would you seriously advocate spending millions on sacking managers / CEOs when we can’t even afford free transfers? What benefit would that bring and what top manager / CEO combination are you bringing in (who seemingly is already a Blackburn fan and knows the club inside out) for free, on the basis they’ll have nowt to spend?

There are surely areas we can discuss the club / team - without constantly harping on about how our current setup doesn’t match our expectations.

We didn’t even have a chairman based in the UK for 6 years prior to SW… and the initial people the owners trusted with that a shadow of that role…. Feckin Derek Shaw.

I find your views utterly bizarre, just for clarification, are you employed by the Club?

Let's get it right, given the backing he's had Mowbray must go down as one of the worst managers the Club has ever had. Why on earth would you not want to replace him?

Waggott is imo either totally incompetent or there is something far more sinister going on there with him. You yourself concede that commercially his results are very poor so where's the argument.

And they both tried to con everyone about the sale of Brockhall and the alleged provision of a replacement facility.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, alcd said:

What age would that be - 80+? Blackburn has been a small town club since the mid-60s when the maximum wage was abolished. The clubs mentionned above have consistently finished either around or above Rovers in the past 40 years except for the Jack Walker- funded period. The financial realities of better-supported clubs dominating during the period up to 1992 have returned so Rovers are now just a club in the lower regions of the second tier at best.

Fact check - Rovers played both CP and Norwich in Div 2 in the 3 seasons ending 1968/69, Watford were Div 1 runners-up in 1983 and Southampton in Div 2 from 1975 onwards.

Hmm not strictly true. If we look at the era after JW died but before the wretched Venkys appeared we were comfortably above all these clubs. Norwich and Soton were in League One when we were top 10 under Allardyce and Palace close to bankruptcy when Venkys took over here.

The fruits of Venkys investment such that these clubs are now streets ahead of us.

And did I really just see a post lauding Palace's following? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I thought we had a style of play and systems that fit that ?   It's called possession football and they've wasted the last 2 seasons implementing it.

What is the point of signing players that don't fit that ?   Like Ayala for example...

Mowbray is just so full of shite it would be funny if i wasn't a rovers fan. 

Yes this bs about being "on a journey" is starting to unravel a bit isn't?

"Hang on, we've got to go back to the depot, this bus is sounding rough and there's a better one back at base"

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Hmm not strictly true. If we look at the era after JW died but before the wretched Venkys appeared we were comfortably above all these clubs. Norwich and Soton were in League One when we were top 10 under Allardyce and Palace close to bankruptcy when Venkys took over here.

The fruits of Venkys investment such that these clubs are now streets ahead of us.

And did I really just see a post lauding Palace's following? 

Can't believe more isn't made of the owners' backing.

We may be a Club in a smallish Lancashire town surrounded by rivals etc etc but our budget is no way commensurate with such due to the amounts the owners pump in Annually.

With proper management on and off the pitch (which is what the owners pay the likes of Mowbray and Waggott handsomely for) we SHOULD be thriving.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

How do you know it is the owners ? On the whole - except for when FFP intervenes - the owners have given TM everything he asked for (his words previously). We have a budget far in excess of our income - partly down to money wasted by TM. So yes - we need them to sign new contracts - but he has to take some of the blame for the whole situation - as does Waggot.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I think it's a baffling strategy to let a player go for nothing. We need to sell while he has a high value. We can stay up without him.

Do you think that, on the assumptions based on Mowbrays interview, that Armstrong goes, we sign 5 kids with minimal first team experience on loan and no permanent signings or further experience, that we would stay up?

41 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The bit at the end about the owners is rubbish imo.

It's down to Waggott and Mowbray to identify our key assets and prioritise them accordingly and advise the owners what needs to be done as regards keeping them under contract.

It's also down to them to manage the budget in such a way as to not fall foul of FFP,  to trade around the periphery of the squad and not keep handing out ridiculous contracts to the likes of Downing, Graham, Bennett, Evans and not keep spanking dead money away on loan fees.

I don't doubt that the manager who I reiterate shouldnt be here has not spent money totally efficiently. But Mowbray specifically said that he is conscious of contracts expiring and assets and clearly isnt comfortable with allowing their deals to expire, how is that specifically his fault that we arent offering them now?

Even if it is a money saving tactic, its a senseless one, because selling assets and running at a transfer profit is a great way to stay within the rules. 

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes we have to save money and reduce the wage bill whilst meeting FFP requirements otherwise its another embargo for us. Is that what you want? We are losing around 20 million per season can we afford to keep doing this every season? 

Yes I would love to millions on Armstrong's replacement but we can't. Still think our best bet is a player plus cash deal but we will see what happens in the coming days. 

You can say FFP requirements until you are blue in the face but nothing that I have suggested is expecting mass investment, just logic and a constructive plan. We lose so much because of the owners. Had the summer plan been to sell Armstrong, allow a replacement on a permanent deal (either a swap or even a 1-2m signing) with focus on extending current contracts (maybe even sell and replace Rothwell/Nyambe if they dont want to renew, raising further fees) and bringing in 2 or 3 loans and a couple of experienced heads on frees whilst still making a wage saving on the dozen that left, I would have accepted that.

Allowing contracts of assets to run down is not something that fits with FFP, a key way to avoid huge losses is selling assets, something Venkys have never mastered. Even when we sold Cairney, Gestede etc, it was when we had to and for minimal fees. 

35 minutes ago, Butty said:

What a deluded clown, and no I’m not talking about you Chaddy mate.

I dont get how your reaction to that article is anger towards the manager. Surely the fact that Mowbray is saying that he didnt anticipate relying solely on loans this summer when numerous players were released, and is quite clearly not happy, saying that its not how he wants to work.

He shouldnt be here and is not competent for his job, but this summer is all down on Venkys and they will be happy that Mowbray takes the flak even for things that he isnt to blame for.

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The manager doesn't even know if he has a budget. The whole thing is pathetic and not at all how a club who plan on doing well would be doing things. 

We will end up with 5 loans in from City and Liverpool. They will take the places of our own highly rated youngsters. 

The work to replace Armstrong on a permanent should be happening as we speak. We both know it's not. 

That first paragraph is spot on, there just seems to be a lack of clarity, moving the goalposts, suddenly its a loans only policy which wasnt Mowbrays understanding when the players we let go were released, allowing players to run contracts down when a slight pay rise could lead to a few million in at a later date, its a joke.

I am quite open minded on loans, if they are better than what we have then 100% get them in. But only loans and 5 of them is far too many.

Also, we do need a permanent replacement for Armstrong as you say. Even if we make a 10m profit overall with a cheap replacement, then hope to polish him up, then repeat the process.

32 minutes ago, alcd said:

I understand what Jim’s saying.

watford no trophies win

crystal Palace no trophies won

norwich 2 league cups

southamPaton 1 trophy

blackburn 3 champions of england

6 Fa cups

1 league cup

22 fa cup semi finals

i can see how you get that we are the same. I already look up to the above 4 joint total of three trophies.

5 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

How do you know it is the owners ? On the whole - except for when FFP intervenes - the owners have given TM everything he asked for (his words previously). We have a budget far in excess of our income - partly down to money wasted by TM. So yes - we need them to sign new contracts - but he has to take some of the blame for the whole situation - as does Waggot.

The vast majority of the blame. That's what they're paid to sort out.

More clued up owners should have spotted the problems arising and cut the situation off at the pass long ago though.

• Like 1