BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

8 minutes ago, lraC said:

Some middle man in Manchester copped for a few quid allegedly as part of the deal. Givet allegedly was the one, who ended up out of pocket.

The former England manager who arranged it was bent, brown envelopes everywhere, bungs and would only buy players where he personally benefited from future sales and they belonged to 1 agency, otherwise he wouldn’t deal with them. 

Not much different to today really, but the club was in the Premiership, so hardly anyone gave a toss.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

The former England manager who arranged it was bent, brown envelopes everywhere, bungs and would only buy players where he personally benefited from future sales and they belonged to 1 agency, otherwise he wouldn’t deal with them. 

Not much different to today really, but the club was in the Premiership, so hardly anyone gave a toss.

Yep funny how we ended up as a target for people who got so rich, they retired, under the guise of going bust. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So we're going to be bailed out of our FFP hole by a PL club with a massive bid for Armstrong (cash only please, we wouldn't want a young, quick player of our own in return to develop) and then Ol' Tone is going to turn around and spaff it on 5 PL youngsters who will all have guaranteed starting positions, stunting the development of our players.

Parents asked if I fancied going on Saturday. I'm glad I said no. I want nothing to do with this journey we're on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

He knew how to work the system to benefit his club and himself.

Old school honor amongst tea leaves you could say. The one's who replaced him were very much the modern breed. Just out for themselves no matter what.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

He knew how to work the system to benefit his club and himself.

Old school honor amongst tea leaves you could say. The one's who replaced him were very much the modern breed. Just out for themselves no matter what.

It makes you wonder, why we still love the game really. There are millions of reasons not to.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

1. Debt write off - it means nothing, even IF they did it, my take on them wouldn’t remotely be changed by it, it’s merely moving an IOU from one in tray to another, purely cosmetic - don’t focus on it, it’s irrelevant in the scheme of things

2. Loophole sponsor - City Football Group is a sophisticated multi national organisation, employing multiple experts in their fields, financial, legal and football -  capable of moving assets and income streams around the globe to optimise tax positions, profit declarations and circumvent the worst strictures of FFP…we have Steve Waggott…‘nuff said 🤦‍♂️

Herbie, on the first point, Venkeys have been converting loans into capital. These are not IOU’s they are in fact investments that are not reclaimed. Rather what ever Venkeys sell the club for they would be written off as part of a take over.

On your second point I work for an Indian multinational and they are past masters of maximising their tax position. Do you think that Waggott or Cheston would have any say in the finances of the company? I don’t think so. The Swiss banks have untold riches of Indian families that have been hidden from tax authorities, so cash is never an issue, it’s how it’s recorded in the companies accounts.

2 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Herbie, on the first point, Venkeys have been converting loans into capital. These are not IOU’s they are in fact investments that are not reclaimed. Rather what ever Venkeys sell the club for they would be written off as part of a take over.

On your second point I work for an Indian multinational and they are past masters of maximising their tax position. Do you think that Waggott or Cheston would have any say in the finances of the company? I don’t think so. The Swiss banks have untold riches of Indian families that have been hidden from tax authorities, so cash is never an issue, it’s how it’s recorded in the companies accounts.

Hope they have some men in suits to help. Preferably from Manchester. 

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Manchester City pay £100m for Jack Grealish.

We're struggling to find £100

Obscene wealth at one end at the spectrum, poverty at the other

Neo-liberalism has triumphed

We're not a poor club, Jim, just an exceptionally poorly managed one (from top to bottom).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I find your views utterly bizarre, just for clarification, are you employed by the Club?

Let's get it right, given the backing he's had Mowbray must go down as one of the worst managers the Club has ever had. Why on earth would you not want to replace him?

Waggott is imo either totally incompetent or there is something far more sinister going on there with him. You yourself concede that commercially his results are very poor so where's the argument.

And they both tried to con everyone about the sale of Brockhall and the alleged provision of a replacement facility.

I guess the reason why you’d find my views utterly bizarre is I find the quotes in bold “utterly bizarre” equally.

..and no, I don’t work for the club. I think the commercial aspect has been poor but I’m nowhere near at the point of suggesting something “sinister” is going on.

Just incompetence probably inherent from the top. Perhaps a lack of support staff or budget for that. The Buck stops in India. 

Edited by JBiz
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Could they be sending a couple of million a year from the main corporation through the club to stash in Switzerland or somewhere ?

3 hours ago, alcd said:

What age would that be - 80+? Blackburn has been a small town club since the mid-60s when the maximum wage was abolished. The clubs mentionned above have consistently finished either around or above Rovers in the past 40 years except for the Jack Walker- funded period. The financial realities of better-supported clubs dominating during the period up to 1992 have returned so Rovers are now just a club in the lower regions of the second tier at best.

Fact check - Rovers played both CP and Norwich in Div 2 in the 3 seasons ending 1968/69, Watford were Div 1 runners-up in 1983 and Southampton in Div 2 from 1975 onwards.

Hope you read my post before it was removed. 😪

2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I guess the reason why you’d find my views utterly bizarre is I find the quotes in bold “utterly bizarre” equally.

..and no, I don’t work for the club. I think the commercial aspect has been poor but I’m nowhere near at the point of suggesting “sinister” is going on.

Just incompetence probably inherent from the top. Perhaps a lack of support staff or budget for that. The Buck stops in India. 

Lots of people will never rest, whilst Venky’s own the club. Sinister or not, can anyone hand on heart, say they consider them to be trustworthy?

1 minute ago, lraC said:

Lots of people will never rest, whilst Venky’s own the club. Sinister or not, can anyone hand on heart, say they consider them to be trustworthy?

Yes for the cheques, no for the craft.

2 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

The journey... 

20 outfield players 4 goalkeepers.

1 soon to leave, 2 long term injuries, 3 injury prone (and currently injured).

Can't blame Venky's for that.

All Mowbray.

Screenshot_20210805-210723_Facebook.jpg

That's a relegation squad

• Like 5