BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

35 minutes ago, J*B said:

I agree with all of us - until that final paragraph. If that is true…

Explain why they’re actively trying to sell Brockhall Village

Explain why Ewood Park is covered in rust

Explain why the ticket shop has 1 member of staff working in it

Explain why the Rovers store is understaffed 

Explain why the club programme has been stopped

Because none of these have any effect on FFP and they’re all happening. 

- I don't think the Venky's were actively trying to sell Brockhall, I think the CEO was. I don't think they care enough or are informed enough to have orchestrated that at all.
- I don't think they would know that Ewood Park is covered in rust. If somebody called them and asked for £3,000 to pay a company to clean the stadium and surrounding areas they'd probably be surprised anybody bothered to enquire at such a tiny figure. But I highly doubt that call/request has been made.
- I don't think the Venky's take direct control over staffing numbers, I think the CEO does.
- Same as above.
- The club programme doesn't make us any money. It's sadly a dying art, and whilst I sympathise with those who will miss it, I can understand why the shift to digital is happening. Again I don't think the Venky's will even know about it though. If someone made a call/request to continue to fund this, at a small cost in the grand scheme of things, I don't think they'd say no - but again, I highly doubt that call has been made.

All in all, my response to every point you make here is that I don't think it's the Venkys who the anger should be aimed at. All of those issues are day-to-day running issues, which are managed by other people. Whenever the management at the club have gone to Venkys and asked for something, they seem to have got it. £7m for Ben Brereton a month or two after coming up from League One? "Sure", they say. £5m on Sam Gallagher after not getting near promotion? "Why not?" they respond. 

Every point you make is valid, frustrating and correct. However, they're not the direct result of an unwillingness to spend from the owners though in my mind. I really just don't think they a) are aware enough b) care enough and c) are kept informed enough.

They are billionaires with money to burn. £22m a season in losses is a drop in the ocean to them. 

10 minutes ago, J*B said:

If it was just FFP related cost cutting they could blame COVID or FFP rules. But it’s not. They’re not spending on the things that have no effect on FFP. It’s large scale cut backs across the board whilst trying to raise capital by selling assets, whether that’s strikers or training grounds. 

Bad news coming I reckon. 

We’ve had these moments a good few times since Venkys came in, and we’ve always sort of come out the other end of it. I hope this time is the same but I agree something just seems completely off right now at the club, staff jumping ship, a manager who looks like he would rather be anywhere else in the world than be on the touchline managing our club, a squads that’s paper thin… The list goes on. 

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

- I don't think the Venky's were actively trying to sell Brockhall, I think the CEO was. I don't think they care enough or are informed enough to have orchestrated that at all.
- I don't think they would know that Ewood Park is covered in rust. If somebody called them and asked for £3,000 to pay a company to clean the stadium and surrounding areas they'd probably be surprised anybody bothered to enquire at such a tiny figure. But I highly doubt that call/request has been made.
- I don't think the Venky's take direct control over staffing numbers, I think the CEO does.
- Same as above.
- The club programme doesn't make us any money. It's sadly a dying art, and whilst I sympathise with those who will miss it, I can understand why the shift to digital is happening. Again I don't think the Venky's will even know about it though. If someone made a call/request to continue to fund this, at a small cost in the grand scheme of things, I don't think they'd say no - but again, I highly doubt that call has been made.

All in all, my response to every point you make here is that I don't think it's the Venkys who the anger should be aimed at. All of those issues are day-to-day running issues, which are managed by other people. Whenever the management at the club have gone to Venkys and asked for something, they seem to have got it. £7m for Ben Brereton a month or two after coming up from League One? "Sure", they say. £5m on Sam Gallagher after not getting near promotion? "Why not?" they respond. 

Every point you make is valid, frustrating and correct. However, they're not the direct result of an unwillingness to spend from the owners though in my mind. I really just don't think they a) are aware enough b) care enough and c) are kept informed enough.

They are billionaires with money to burn. £22m a season in losses is a drop in the ocean to them. 

Surely the fact that they dont care or take the time to stay informed, leaving a trail of incompetence beneath them is more than enough to warrant anger. They dont give a shit and it certainly has a direct effect on all of us. You imply that they never say no, we couldnt possibly know that, numerous funding requests may have been rejected, its impossible to know either way.

That being said, this isnt the first sudden turning off of the taps so surely they have cut funding in an aim to get money back.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely the fact that they dont care or take the time to stay informed, leaving a trail of incompetence beneath them is more than enough to warrant anger. They dont give a shit and it certainly has a direct effect on all of us. You imply that they never say no, we couldnt possibly know that, numerous funding requests may have been rejected, its impossible to know either way.

That being said, this isnt the first sudden turning off of the taps so surely they have cut funding in an aim to get money back.

Obviously it warrants anger, but that's not the discussion...

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

Dolan was one of the bright spots last season. This won't help. 

Not sure my view will have any affect on him.

My opinion is that he's come in at the right time, timing can be everything in football.

He has a lot to add to his game and it might need to be away from here on loan.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Well off. We're right on the edge of failing FFP. Until Armstrong goes we're in scale back mode to avoid an EFL embargo. We're basically in a self-enforced embargo to avoid an embarrassing forced one from a 3rd party. 

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not sure my view will have any affect on him.

My opinion is that he's come in at the right time, timing can be everything in football.

He has a lot to add to his game and it might need to be away from here on loan.

He's a bright spark. He goes at his man and as a super sub each week he is really effective. He's a small lad, he's never going to have physicality, so besides his physicality, what more does he need to add to be an effective sub for us?

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Who's better Garret or Bucko?  I know who I'd prefer in there....

They're two totally different footballers playing in different positions... For someone who works within the sport you do baffle me sometimes! 

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Obviously it warrants anger, but that's not the discussion...

You removed any direct blame based on the random assumption that anything that has gone to ruin, they have merely not been asked, otherwise they would pay. Baseless.

Just now, JoeH said:

Well off. We're right on the edge of failing FFP. Until Armstrong goes we're in scale back mode to avoid an EFL embargo. We're basically in a self-enforced embargo to avoid an embarrassing forced one from a 3rd party. 

In which case, why spend a significant fee on Pickering, and why can Mowbray not be guaranteed even a cheap permanent replacement for Armstrong when he is sold? 

• Moderation Lead
14 minutes ago, JoeH said:

- Same as above.

👀 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I noticed that McBride, Pike, Vale, Garrett and Cirino all didnt get squad numbers. Seemingly not considered as first teamers at the moment.

Doesn't work that way. Squad numbers given to those with minutes last season & then the goalkeepers. Just a blanket policy to avoid upsetting anyone. Hence why Carter gets one and Pike doesn't.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, JoeH said:

When used alone, I find it hard to deduct meaning from emojis! Thoughts?

You didn’t think we should direct our anger at The Venky’s. Thought that was an interesting take, as they own the gaff….

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yep, a disgrace.  The lad isn't even a proper professional,  nice lad but fecking limited to death as a player.  Shocking

i think your being a tad harsh on him,you could say the same about gallagher,rothwell,brereton and lenihan,judging by their performances last season,i happen to think all the above have potential to improve,but if your being managed by a pillock without one iota of man management skill,continually being played out of position in a system that does`nt benefit your skill set you are going to look pretty bad

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In which case, why spend a significant fee on Pickering, and why can Mowbray not be guaranteed even a cheap permanent replacement for Armstrong when he is sold? 

Good question to be honest. I like the signing, but we saw this coming surely?

Just now, K-Hod said:

You didn’t think we should direct our anger at The Venky’s. Thought that was an interesting take, as they own the gaff….

Well yes, but the discussion was about whether the day to day issues are a result of Venky's supposed unwillingness to financially back the club. I don't think it comes down to that. The frustration for Brockhall situation surely comes down to the man who came up with the plan?

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I noticed that McBride, Pike, Vale, Garrett and Cirino all didnt get squad numbers. Seemingly not considered as first teamers at the moment.

They will be once the inevitable injury crisis kicks in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Well yes, but the discussion was about whether the day to day issues are a result of Venky's supposed unwillingness to financially back the club. I don't think it comes down to that. The frustration for Brockhall situation surely comes down to the man who came up with the plan?

Is that not an assumption? How do we know it wasn't Venkys? They have been the one constant in our demise......

• Like 1

Just now, Ulrich said:

Is that not an assumption? How do we know it wasn't Venkys? They have been the one constant in our demise......

It's absolutely an assumption, I don't deny that. But one that I believe in and one that I think has some factual evidence backing it. 

When you look at what they're worth, what they own and how little they have to do with Rovers on a day-to-day basis, I find it an easy conclusion to come to that 90% of the issues mentioned tonight, they don't even know about. I may be wrong, I'm happy to admit that, I am just guessing. But you can see why I am guessing the way I am.