BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

7 hours ago, JBiz said:

JHR what do you suggest would work?

Owners write debt off? Manager replaced by Mourinho? 50m war chest?

Owners give the Club away to a local consortium with fan involvement. They save £20M a year, we get our Club back.

Win-Win!

Yes,I'm dreaming!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I don't know why he gets so much time on the pitch.

I get it, I know you don't rate him. I think there's a lot to his game though. He has shown time and time again his qualities off the ball. He, along with Rothwell, is one of our best pressers out of possession. He wins the ball back high up the field constantly. He was class against Leeds the other week.

51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely the fact that they dont care or take the time to stay informed, leaving a trail of incompetence beneath them is more than enough to warrant anger. They dont give a shit and it certainly has a direct effect on all of us. You imply that they never say no, we couldnt possibly know that, numerous funding requests may have been rejected, its impossible to know either way.

That being said, this isnt the first sudden turning off of the taps so surely they have cut funding in an aim to get money back.

Don't think it's a case of getting money back, certainly not short term. More one of we've dolloped more in than we would normally do recently so there's no more till next summer. So in the meantime you have to find the shortfall yourselves, hence the panic.

Similar to what happened before and a result of no real planning, piss poor execs and miss firing manager. All combining to leave a clusterfuck only drastic action will sort out.

They are all culpable but they don't suffer it's just the club and fans yet again.

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

I get it, I know you don't rate him. I think there's a lot to his game though. He has shown time and time again his qualities off the ball. He, along with Rothwell, is one of our best pressers out of possession. He wins the ball back high up the field constantly. He was class against Leeds the other week.

Ok, agree to disagree..

27 minutes ago, JoeH said:

There's always been money. I don't think they've suddenly turned off the tap. I think we're close to failing FFP so we've self-embargoed. They forked out on Brereton, they forked out on Gallagher, they keep pumping in the funds and converting loans to shares and whatnot. The evidence suggests they're happy to keep throwing money into the bottomless pit. Next summer, with the FFP wiggle room, I expect they'll give whoever replaces Mowbray a few million at least to spend.

We're back to the Venky special motto

"Always tomorrow, never today"

We aren't even through this diabolical window, and are facing the real prospect of relegation, yet you are already pinning your hopes on them spending 'a few million' next year.

This boom and bust model of falling foul of FFP (for the second time in 5 years) is on their watch, exacerbated by their management and their staff. We don't need it, certainly not to finish 15th in the Championship every year. Employ competent people and we could emulate titans like Luton and Millwall and finish mid-table, not break FFP and not need as much of their money.

No doubt when that time comes another excuse will come along as to why they should have could have or would have spent money but didn't. 

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, JoeH said:

It's absolutely an assumption, I don't deny that. But one that I believe in and one that I think has some factual evidence backing it. 

When you look at what they're worth, what they own and how little they have to do with Rovers on a day-to-day basis, I find it an easy conclusion to come to that 90% of the issues mentioned tonight, they don't even know about. I may be wrong, I'm happy to admit that, I am just guessing. But you can see why I am guessing the way I am.

Its inexcusable though to buy an established Premier League club and allow it to be run into the ground by neglect.

To imply this isn't their fault because they've left it to others who aren't fit to discharge their obligation, does not free Venkys from blame. On the contrary it amplifies it.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, BRFC_Polky said:

I guess it could be worse, Preston have just announced a striker they’ve signed from Bamber Bridge 🤣

Tyrese Dolan was signed from Preston but the reality was his last footballing action before signing for us was spending a couple of months on loan at Clitheroe who are in the league below Bamber Bridge

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

To imply this isn't their fault because they've left it to others who aren't fit to discharge their obligation, does not free Venkys from blame. On the contrary it amplifies it.

I'm not implying that they're not to blame. I am merely saying that the issues aren't due to a lack of willingness to spend money..

4 minutes ago, Seedstral said:

Tyrese Dolan was signed from Preston but the reality was his last footballing action before signing for us was spending a couple of months on loan at Clitheroe who are in the league below Bamber Bridge

David Raya went to Southport on loan and now plays Premier League football

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

David Raya went to Southport on loan and now plays Premier League football

And is also now valued at 10-15x more than our ~illustrious~ manager deemed him to be 24 months ago.

Sorry, irrelevant.

But I've been Mowbray out since even before he often called Raya out and threw him under the bus, then froze him out for Leutwiler and welcomed through that pethetically low transfer to his Championship idols, Brentford.

Could have kept Raya, saved all that wasted money (and points) on Walton the next season, and sold Raya this summer for £20m+ too. More Mowbray failings.

Problem was we wouldn't have been able to afford the Gallagher £5m asking price that summer....... 🥴

So we think Armstrong gets sold tomorrow?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Angry_Pirate said:

So we think Armstrong gets sold tomorrow?

I think it drags for another week or two. Saints will come back still under the valuation. Got a feeling West Ham have a cheeky pop too. Think he finally ends up at Palace for pure cash because the swap deals are so much harder to get done.

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You can say FFP requirements until you are blue in the face but nothing that I have suggested is expecting mass investment, just logic and a constructive plan. We lose so much because of the owners. Had the summer plan been to sell Armstrong, allow a replacement on a permanent deal (either a swap or even a 1-2m signing) with focus on extending current contracts (maybe even sell and replace Rothwell/Nyambe if they dont want to renew, raising further fees) and bringing in 2 or 3 loans and a couple of experienced heads on frees whilst still making a wage saving on the dozen that left, I would have accepted that.

Don't think you understand how close we are to being in embargo again cos of FFP. We are allow losing 39 million pounds in 2 seasons and we are only that sort of losses over 3 years so we need to find 20 million pounds to meet FFP. 

I totally understand wanting to spend some money and wish we could spend. 

It's Mowbray to blame for mismanaging his budget for last 2 seasons and he should be have known about the embargo and FFP Since he is the manager of the club

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you think that, on the assumptions based on Mowbrays interview, that Armstrong goes, we sign 5 kids with minimal first team experience on loan and no permanent signings or further experience, that we would stay up?

Who says they will be kids? Maybe we look at Charlie Goode at Brentford as a possible signing. 

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So we're going to be bailed out of our FFP hole by a PL club with a massive bid for Armstrong (cash only please, we wouldn't want a young, quick player of our own in return to develop) and then Ol' Tone is going to turn around and spaff it on 5 PL youngsters who will all have guaranteed starting positions, stunting the development of our players.

Parents asked if I fancied going on Saturday. I'm glad I said no. I want nothing to do with this journey we're on.

Not keen on 5 loan players coming in. Rather 1 or 2 came in

Shame you won't be at Ewood Park on Saturday 

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't think you understand how close we are to being in embargo again cos of FFP. We are allow losing 39 million pounds in 2 seasons and we are only that sort of losses over 3 years so we need to find 20 million pounds to meet FFP. 

I totally understand wanting to spend some money and wish we could spend. 

It's Mowbray to blame for mismanaging his budget for last 2 seasons and he should be have known about the embargo and FFP Since he is the manager of the club

Who says they will be kids? Maybe we look at Charlie Goode at Brentford as a possible signing. 

Mowbray repeatedly has mentioned Premier League giants keeping their kids around to cover international players before being loaned out.

I am well aware of FFP hence why my desire is not for a mass spending spree, just a permanent replacement for Armstrong at minimal cost (after receiving a significant fee on the back of a considerable wage reduction) and the protection of key assets who can be sold down the line to further improve our ability to meet FFP regulations. Allowing sellable assets to leave for free makes no sense in any way. By the way, hasnt FFP become more flexible post covid?

Mowbray has poorly used his budget which is a different argument all together but it is not the managers responsibility to give himself a budget fitting in with FFP. His budget over the last 3 years has been competitive but the Armstrong fee will cover most of the outgoings during that period.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

I think it drags for another week or two. Saints will come back still under the valuation. Got a feeling West Ham have a cheeky pop too. Think he finally ends up at Palace for pure cash because the swap deals are so much harder to get done.

Lets hope it is done ASAP because I think we are all bored of it now.

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

His budget over the last 3 years has been competitive but the Armstrong fee will cover most of the outgoings during that period.

You say you are well aware of FFP but your above comment shown you don't understand it cos its about the profit and loss columns in the club accounts not just transfer spend per season. 

Look at the club accounts and we are losing millions each season

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

By the way, hasnt FFP become more flexible post covid?

I think @philimention its over 4 years now but at 39 million pounds losses. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 hours ago, JoeH said:

It's absolutely an assumption, I don't deny that. But one that I believe in and one that I think has some factual evidence backing it. 

When you look at what they're worth, what they own and how little they have to do with Rovers on a day-to-day basis, I find it an easy conclusion to come to that 90% of the issues mentioned tonight, they don't even know about. I may be wrong, I'm happy to admit that, I am just guessing. But you can see why I am guessing the way I am.

I can understand why you came to that conclusion, however I read the other day they had almost doubled there initial worth from 3billion to 5. So in one business they succeed but with us it is failure after failure after failure. I find it very strange, business is business, no matter the context and yet they constantly get it wrong with rovers and for over a decade now. It doesn't stack up you cannot keep giving them the benefit of doubt after 10+ season, asset striping was claimed early on and when their whole tenure is considered that is exactly what has happened. We may not understand what they get or how they get it, but somehow they clearly do benefit.

Edited by Ulrich
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Give over man, wouldn’t dream of doing that 

It might be a tough year. Only positive I can think is we will see some of the academy players. Some might surprise. 

It's done.

11 players gone & none through the door, a clueless manager who took us on our worst run is history last year, wretched owners who don't give a shit and even if they do something about the current regime will likely replace with some other clown(s), most of our goals last yr about to be sold with little or no reinvestment promised - and who'd back Mowbray to spend it wisely in any case, an arguably stronger league with the teams who have come in etc etc 

8/1 is ridiculous, hopefully it'll soften the pain. 

• Like 2