BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Maybe Balaj can come over and negotiate our out of contract players? 

(Tongue firmly in cheek)

Looking at the 24 names on the squad list, HALF are out of contract in 10 months. the only ones still under contract after this season are:

Pears, Stergiakis, Ayala, Wharton, Pickering, Rankin-Costello, Travis, Buckley, Dack, Dolan and Gallagher.

5 of those will expire in 2023.

Kaminski being one with an optional 1 year after 2022.

Using the (imo pessimistic) values on transfermarkt: Nyambe, Lenihan, Johnson, Kaminski*, Rothwell, Brereton-Diaz, Armstrong, Chapman, Davenport and Eastham are all out in June and worth a current value of roughly £32.5m.

£22.5m of that is AA and BBD,  and therefore I would suggest we are easily looking at closer to £40m worth of assets as there is no way Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell are worth <£10m combined.

Mowbray needs retired, those number and these contracts could ruin our club if we allow £20m to walk out the door for free (upon relegation).

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Amazing isn't it - we complain we don't hear from the owners - and when we do, people pick it to pieces. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

That's because we haven't heard from the owners.

It's a letter wrote by Waggott with that berks signature on it.

Release a video stating all this if they want us to believe its come from them with there outlines for the future and why Mowbray is still manager here etc.

The one the bloke from Villa did about Grealish is how you communicate with fans, not this empty worded letter that isn't even from them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You say you are well aware of FFP but your above comment shown you don't understand it cos its about the profit and loss columns in the club accounts not just transfer spend per season. 

Look at the club accounts and we are losing millions each season

I think @philimention its over 4 years now but at 39 million pounds losses. 

I am full aware of profit and losses, in your desperation to patronise, you dont seem to realise that what I am suggesting is not something that massively threatens our ability to hit sustainability, indeed it could aid it. Please tell me which of the below you specifically take issue with:

I suggested us signing a cheap replacement for Armstrong on a permanent contract, of course not only to keep us competitive but with the potential of being able to sell that player on at a profit in the future, continuing the process. You have suggested a part exchange which seems unlikely but could also work, in fact the value that would be given to someone like Idah is in fact more than the amount that I expect on a replacement! 

I also suggested putting a focus on retaining players whose contracts are about to expire. Whilst slightly increasing the wages of Nyambe, Brereton, Lenihan, Rothwell etc may seem to go against us immediately, in the long term, any transfer fee in the future would more than offset that, It would be such a short sighted move to let them run their contracts down to "save money." If need be, even sell one of them if they wont renew and again replace. 

I also suggested putting priority on ensuring that you always have at least a few experienced players amidst it all, not necessarily with a fee attached, of course within certain wage limits, simply to keep us competitive. Our team full of kids this season I worry for when the going gets tough.

Those losses are self inflicted, they dont need to be so high and it is the owners fault that they are. Signing players and selling them on at a profit is a very obvious way of reducing those losses to a level well below the FFP regulations.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, neophox said:

Mowbrays contract is expiring next year 2022 so this is his last season. He will need promotion if he wants a new contract for sure. 

He will just write up his own 12 month rolling contract when this one is done.

If we get close to £20m for Armstrong venkys will probably think he's a genius.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Maybe Balaj can come over and negotiate our out of contract players? 

(Tongue firmly in cheek)

Looking at the 24 names on the squad list, HALF are out of contract in 10 months. the only ones still under contract after this season are:

Pears, Stergiakis, Ayala, Wharton, Pickering, Rankin-Costello, Travis, Buckley, Dack, Dolan and Gallagher.

5 of those will expire in 2023.

Kaminski being one with an optional 1 year after 2022.

Using the (imo pessimistic) values on transfermarkt: Nyambe, Lenihan, Johnson, Kaminski*, Rothwell, Brereton-Diaz, Armstrong, Chapman, Davenport and Eastham are all out in June and worth a current value of roughly £32.5m.

£22.5m of that is AA and BBD,  and therefore I would suggest we are easily looking at closer to £40m worth of assets as there is no way Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell are worth <£10m combined.

Mowbray needs retired, those number and these contracts could ruin our club if we allow £20m to walk out the door for free (upon relegation).

Thanks for that.

Shows what a complete and utter dereliction of duty and care we have here, negligence that could jeopardise the clubs future both on the pitch and off it.

Yet some nutters think this is all down to FFP.

Anyone else in this state?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Thanks for that.

Shows what a complete and utter dereliction of duty and care we have here, negligence that could jeopardise the clubs future both on the pitch and off it.

Yeah Derby.Nobody has said it is all to do with FFP ffs.Stop slagging off fellow supporters just because their views don't align with yours.

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Thanks for that.

The almost entire LT readership?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Amazing isn't it - we complain we don't hear from the owners - and when we do, people pick it to pieces. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

First off this is not aimed at you.

Does one make amends for destroying our club (and this is what they have done) by writing a letter?  Does that help return us to where we were, where Jack took us and the position and league that enticed them in, in the first place?  No it doesn't.  Does servicing the debt that their leadership has created make amends?  No it doesn't, it's just doing the absolute minimum to keep us afloat or treading water in the position that their ownership has taken us.  From day dot we have heard nothing but words, not one mega signing promised ever happened, every saleable asset has been sold as soon as possible and now even the infrastructure that Jack built is being flogged, and all we get are words, and words not even written by them, or that matter, such as sorry. 

You make amends by doing what is needed to put matters right, by doing what is asked of you, no matter what, no matter how hard.  And even if not possible you try to do it, at the very least.  If they truly wanted to make amends, then do a Jack, a Mansor, think big, bring in proven quality staff at all levels, spend money, ask your mates to sponsor us, hell give them the money and do it that way.  Try and take us back where they found us, attempt to rectify their mistakes, right their wrongs, but all we get are words.  Actions speak louder than any words and until we get actions that reflect their apologetic words and demonstrate they are actually trying to make amends, then they are nothing but hollow, empty words, and no-one every achieved in anything in sport with just words.   Show us you actually mean what you say Venky's and until that day, until the day you do what we all ask, take your words and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

• Like 5

Catching up on all them bullshit LT articles I have come to one conclusion.

Tony, you are as delusional as they come, and will be in for quite a surprise from a large portion of your fan base in 26 hours time.

I think he has now reached my all time #2 disliked manager status.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19496806.blackburn-rovers-putting-brakes-on-boss-sympathises-venkys/

You would almost think that the (presumably written by someone else) statement today was released tactically.

Mowbray, Venus, Waggott, Pasha and Cheston have played a huge part in the financial mess we are in. In every year of their tenure we have massively over spent on wages, last year alone it was 187% of the turnover which is upwards of £10m. The contracts and contract extensions they have given out account for millions and we have had the arse end of nothing in return. I would love to know his much his budgets were and by how much he has over spent. And now Mowbray says he has sympathy with the owners. He speaks with forked tongue.

There is no accountability amongst the lot of them.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Catching up on all them bullshit LT articles I have come to one conclusion.

Tony, you are as delusional as they come, and will be in for quite a surprise from a large portion of your fan base in 26 hours time.

I think he has now reached my all time #2 disliked manager status.

Do you think that he will be in for surprise? Fans sung his name against Leeds and I could hear them on the stream v Bolton.

And them articles (all of which stem from further ownership negligence) have made him more dislikeable than Coyle and Ince?

Edited by roversfan99

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Mowbray, Venus, Waggott, Pasha and Cheston have played a huge part in the financial mess we are in. In every year of their tenure we have massively over spent on wages, last year alone it was 187% of the turnover which is upwards of £10m. The contracts and contract extensions they have given out account for millions and we have had the arse end of nothing in return. I would love to know his much his budgets were and by how much he has over spent. And now Mowbray says he has sympathy with the owners. He speaks with forked tongue.

There is no accountability amongst the lot of them.

Mowbray deserves criticism for not spending the budget that he was given anywhere near as efficiently or effectively as he ought to. Those above him, so Waggott, Cheston and mainly the owners deserve the blame for the accounting side of it and any FFP ramifications that may arise. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19496806.blackburn-rovers-putting-brakes-on-boss-sympathises-venkys/

You would almost think that the (presumably written by someone else) statement today was released tactically.

Mentions journey again.  Nobhead.  Then uses any excuse not to push the club on 'I sympathise with the owners.  Not spending money bla bla " in other words absolve himself of any need to show ambition because he hasn't got it in him to push the team on. Absolutely despise him

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

And them articles (all of which stem from further ownership negligence) have made him more dislikeable than Coyle and Ince?

Do you dislike Ince? I'd completely forgotten about him if I'm honest. He was so far out of his depth and couldn't string a sentence together but, from memory, nothing more than that - I wouldn't say I dislike him. No opinion of him at all really apart from him being desperately poor here as manager.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, frosty said:

Do you dislike Ince? I'd completely forgotten about him if I'm honest. He was so far out of his depth and couldn't string a sentence together but, from memory, nothing more than that - I wouldn't say I dislike him. No opinion of him at all really apart from him being desperately poor here as manager.

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Ince was out of his depth, and was sacked after less then half a season.

Coyle likewise was booted after 7 months.

I've pretty much wanted this moronic, pass the blame, boring, lying and pandering Dinosaur out of our club for longer than Kean, Coyle and Ince managed us - combined.

I found both Ince and Coyle to be more dislikeable based on their personality than Mowbray I would say, not that all 3 combined came close to Kean who was something else. And even then, I have always hated Venkys more than even Kean.

I don't "hate" Mowbray on a personal level, although like any one who I feel is hindering our club in whatever capacity, I feel a level of resentment towards him simply because him being in his position is not favourable for a club that means so much to me.

If Mowbray had gone a year ago, he would have been deemed to have done a fairly good job, the key is as touched on that he has lingered for far too long. It is getting to the point now where he is being blamed for things out of his control, simply because he is a natural target and often the messenger for information via his press conferences, and I totally get the build up of frustration.

All managers not doing very well have their reasons and excuses, especially in a time where they are interviewed a million times a season, so I don't really hold his excuses against him, even if I disagree with many of them. Mowbray is a rather dour individual and I remember a few years ago when we had people eulogising over his tales about football in years gone by and even then I thought he was dour and boring to an extent but obviously didn't resent him. I do think that he genuinely is trying his best and he may well think that he can turn it around, and to be honest, would I walk away in his shoes? 

• Like 2