BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Mentions journey again.  Nobhead.  Then uses any excuse not to push the club on 'I sympathise with the owners.  Not spending money bla bla " in other words absolve himself of any need to show ambition because he hasn't got it in him to push the team on. Absolutely despise him

he`s stringing his job out because it`s easy money for him,his mate is the chairman so he`s under no pressure,the bloke knows exactly what he`s doing,i would`nt be surprised if venkys told him you can have all the armstrong money to spend on new players but he`s told us different because he just wants to stroll along with no intention of getting up the table,this makes him worse than kean,coyle or ince imo,we`ll only get shut of him if venkys suddenly decide to take an interest or he wants to retire, i really do despise him and his so called honourable intentions

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s stringing his job out because it`s easy money for him,his mate is the chairman so he`s under no pressure,the bloke knows exactly what he`s doing,i would`nt be surprised if venkys told him you can have all the armstrong money to spend on new players but he`s told us different because he just wants to stroll along with no intention of getting up the table,this makes him worse than kean,coyle or ince imo,we`ll only get shut of him if venkys suddenly decide to take an interest or he wants to retire, i really do despise him and his so called honourable intentions

Lol. Prime example of when the Mowbray out stuff goes too far and a little bit mad! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Ince was out of his depth, and was sacked after less then half a season.

Coyle likewise was booted after 7 months.

I've pretty much wanted this moronic, pass the blame, boring, lying and pandering Dinosaur out of our club for longer than Kean, Coyle and Ince managed us - combined.

As much as Mowbray has outstayed his welcome I'd still take him over that toxic combo... 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

As much as Mowbray has outstayed his welcome I'd still take him over that toxic combo... 

I wouldn't fight that comment, but my comment was the duration.

Ince was gone within 4 months and wasn't visibly a disaster until probably 2 months in (bar the Keith Andrews signing), Coyle was a hated 7 months and Kean a despised 19. So 2.5 years.

I've wanted Mowbray gone for over 2.5 years, was my point.

Edited by Angry_Pirate

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I am full aware of profit and losses, in your desperation to patronise, you dont seem to realise that what I am suggesting is not something that massively threatens our ability to hit sustainability,

Firstly no one patronise you so please stop with this sort of comment again. 

Its was you that mention transfer spend being covered by the Armstrong sale but that still haven't stop the club losing millions per season and put us on being close to breaking FFP rules and another embargo. We need to be sensible for this season in what we spend. 

I suggested us signing a cheap replacement for Armstrong on a permanent contract, of course not only to keep us competitive but with the potential of being able to sell that player on at a profit in the future, continuing the process. You have suggested a part exchange which seems unlikely but could also work, in fact the value that would be given to someone like Idah is in fact more than the amount that I expect on a replacement! 

Is a cheap replacement going to good enough to replace Armstrong? Depending on who this player is. 

The reason I would take Idah on a permanent signing as part of the deal is it gives us a replacement straight away and we are getting talent player with good resale value for the club. So getting in 15 to 18 million pounds plus Idah might be the deal we should accept, but it appears that Palace are after him big time so lets see what happens in the next week

I also suggested putting a focus on retaining players whose contracts are about to expire. Whilst slightly increasing the wages of Nyambe, Brereton, Lenihan, Rothwell etc may seem to go against us immediately,

I agree on giving new contracts to players like Brereton, Lenihan and Travis. Haven't we already offered new deals to Rothwell and Nyambe but haven't signed them yet 

I also suggested putting priority on ensuring that you always have at least a few experienced players amidst it all, not necessarily with a fee attached, of course within certain wage limits, simply to keep us competitive.

not sure who these experience players you talk about. I wouldn't want 5 PL loan young players coming in as that block our players coming through. I don't mind one or 2 loan players coming of the quality of Elliott and THB. 

Those losses are self inflicted, they dont need to be so high and it is the owners fault that they are. Signing players and selling them on at a profit is a very obvious way of reducing those losses to a level well below the FFP regulations.

These losses are down to not selling key players over the last 3 seasons plus backing Mowbray long term thinking which has backfire big time. Plus the wages we are paying as well lack of commercial and season ticket revenue 

24 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lol. Prime example of when the Mowbray out stuff goes too far and a little bit mad! 

really?how do you explain his behaviour at times last year,on the touchline and in the press,unless someone had injected him with largactil he was virtually one of the cardboard cut outs,he did`nt show any  traits of a manager or a leader of men,it was disgraceful behaviour from someone earning upwards of £300,000 a year and thats a conservate estimate

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly no one patronise you so please stop with this sort of comment again. 

Christ, come on, Chaddy. You either don’t realise you’re doing it or you’re trolling. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Maybe Balaj can come over and negotiate our out of contract players? 

(Tongue firmly in cheek)

Looking at the 24 names on the squad list, HALF are out of contract in 10 months. the only ones still under contract after this season are:

Pears, Stergiakis, Ayala, Wharton, Pickering, Rankin-Costello, Travis, Buckley, Dack, Dolan and Gallagher.

5 of those will expire in 2023.

Kaminski being one with an optional 1 year after 2022.

Using the (imo pessimistic) values on transfermarkt: Nyambe, Lenihan, Johnson, Kaminski*, Rothwell, Brereton-Diaz, Armstrong, Chapman, Davenport and Eastham are all out in June and worth a current value of roughly £32.5m.

£22.5m of that is AA and BBD,  and therefore I would suggest we are easily looking at closer to £40m worth of assets as there is no way Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell are worth <£10m combined.

Mowbray needs retired, those number and these contracts could ruin our club if we allow £20m to walk out the door for free (upon relegation).

Good post. We're already likely to lose Armstrong for less than his real worth because the buffoons in charge at Ewood agreed to a ludicrous sell on clause then failed to prioritise our any of our top assets (other than the injured Dack) to protect the Club.

The rest are also likely to walk out for free in 12mths due to the negligence of Waggott and Mowbray.

The only chance surely of getting anyone to re-sign is if we replace the Coventrio with a dynamic and forward thinking management team.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

With the inherent risk that it could be the equivalent of possession stats: it would be interesting to have a poll as to who people would want for the next 2 seasons from Mowbray, Coyle or Ince... 😈

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not having a go at Chaddy here, but honestly, this just looks like a desperate attempt to make it appear as though we're doing something.

What are the chances of us landing him if there are 12 clubs interested?

1 in 12

• Like 8

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Mowbray, Venus, Waggott, Pasha and Cheston have played a huge part in the financial mess we are in. In every year of their tenure we have massively over spent on wages, last year alone it was 187% of the turnover which is upwards of £10m. The contracts and contract extensions they have given out account for millions and we have had the arse end of nothing in return. I would love to know his much his budgets were and by how much he has over spent. And now Mowbray says he has sympathy with the owners. He speaks with forked tongue.

There is no accountability amongst the lot of them.

It's some of us who almost have sympathy with the owners, for still being stupid enough to let the likes of him lead them down blind alleys again whilst pouring their money away.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I found both Ince and Coyle to be more dislikeable based on their personality than Mowbray I would say, not that all 3 combined came close to Kean who was something else. And even then, I have always hated Venkys more than even Kean.

I don't "hate" Mowbray on a personal level, although like any one who I feel is hindering our club in whatever capacity, I feel a level of resentment towards him simply because him being in his position is not favourable for a club that means so much to me.

If Mowbray had gone a year ago, he would have been deemed to have done a fairly good job, the key is as touched on that he has lingered for far too long. It is getting to the point now where he is being blamed for things out of his control, simply because he is a natural target and often the messenger for information via his press conferences, and I totally get the build up of frustration.

All managers not doing very well have their reasons and excuses, especially in a time where they are interviewed a million times a season, so I don't really hold his excuses against him, even if I disagree with many of them. Mowbray is a rather dour individual and I remember a few years ago when we had people eulogising over his tales about football in years gone by and even then I thought he was dour and boring to an extent but obviously didn't resent him. I do think that he genuinely is trying his best and he may well think that he can turn it around, and to be honest, would I walk away in his shoes? 

Too generous for me. This would more or less all have been true about a year ago, but I think he really started to act like a snide, arrogant prick last season. Plus he showed he is a hypocrite or liar, whichever you want to go with, for claiming he would go if he was a burden.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

Yet another case of the LT letting Mowbray get away with absolute murder.

Our current predicament has nothing to do with the owners financial position vi's a vi's Covid, it's down to Waggott and Mowbray's gross mismanagement of the finances over the last 3 years.

Mowbray could say the earth was flat or the sky was green and grass was blue and theT wouldn't challenge him on it.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not having a go at Chaddy here, but honestly, this just looks like a desperate attempt to make it appear as though we're doing something.

A desperate attempt by what looks like a Man City news twitter feed, to make it look like Rovers are doing something?

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Quite high i'd say if they sell Armstrong and offer a larger loan fee and guarantee games.

More money straight through the club.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not really.

In our current state that's a bit like saying we'd have a 1 in 12 chance if Citeh, Liverpool, Man Ure, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG and Juventus were in for him!

In fairness one thing I will say in Mowbrays favour he does well enough with young loan players both here and at Coventry.

Harvey Elliot would have had other clubs after him last season.

I do believe we have loan offers in and been waiting for the premier league's senior players to return so they will let their youngsters out

• Like 3