BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yet another case of the LT letting Mowbray get away with absolute murder.

Our current predicament has nothing to do with the owners financial position vi's a vi's Covid, it's down to Waggott and Mowbray's gross mismanagement of the finances over the last 3 years.

Mowbray could say the earth was flat or the sky was green and grass was blue and theT wouldn't challenge him on it.

He is answering questions specifically about this transfer window in which he is selling his best player, has released a number of players and is only allowed to bring in kids on loan. He is doing a bit of arse kissing which would be common for someone not wanting to be sacked even if it is a little sick inducing. He is not even moaning about it reallly.

Previous windows, he was given a budget by people who deal with the numbers above his head. Did he use that money as effectively and efficiently as he could or should have? No, definitely not. But that bares no relevance to questions specific to a lack of finance at his disposal in this window.

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Too generous for me. This would more or less all have been true about a year ago, but I think he really started to act like a snide, arrogant prick last season. Plus he showed he is a hypocrite or liar, whichever you want to go with, for claiming he would go if he was a burden.

He became particularly crabby in interviews with constant excuses which all managers do. Maybe he genuinely doesnt think that hes being a burden or that he can turn it around? I dont think he can or will but he might. Even if he knows that he is a burden, its easy to say it when things are going well, but its hard to just give up a well paid job, I still think "snide, arrogant prick" is a little over the top personally.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not really.

In our current state that's a bit like saying we'd have a 1 in 12 chance if Citeh, Liverpool, Man Ure, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG and Juventus were in for him!

Correct, we would still have a one in twelve chance, even if we where twelth favourite.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He is answering questions specifically about this transfer window in which he is selling his best player, has released a number of players and is only allowed to bring in kids on loan. He is doing a bit of arse kissing which would be common for someone not wanting to be sacked even if it is a little sick inducing. He is not even moaning about it reallly.

Previous windows, he was given a budget by people who deal with the numbers above his head. Did he use that money as effectively and efficiently as he could or should have? No, definitely not. But that bares no relevance to questions specific to a lack of finance at his disposal in this window.

He became particularly crabby in interviews with constant excuses which all managers do. Maybe he genuinely doesnt think that hes being a burden or that he can turn it around? I dont think he can or will but he might. Even if he knows that he is a burden, its easy to say it when things are going well, but its hard to just give up a well paid job, I still think "snide, arrogant prick" is a little over the top personally.

He is being paid to try and fix things. Walking means he would get nothing and end on last season's note. 

Anyone suggesting he walks is talking crazy talk. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He is being paid to try and fix things. Walking means he would get nothing and end on last season's note. 

Anyone suggesting he walks is talking crazy talk. 

He walked from Coventry.If he was getting it from the crowd and we were bottom 3 or very close to it he would leave .He isn't thick skinned ,his answers to the media when questioned over why things ain't going well tells us that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

He walked from Coventry.If he was getting it from the crowd and we were bottom 3 or very close to it he would leave .He isn't thick skinned ,his answers to the media when questioned over why things ain't going well tells us that.

His days were numbered at Coventry. If he hadn't walked he would have been pushed.

He thought he was too good for League One to start with. Never mind League Two.

Here he won't be. There's still a large chunk of people who think he is god's gift and a blessing, that he cannot be questioned and is the best thing about this club. He's full of himself so isn't going to pack in when he's got so many eating out of his hands and he's still in the Championship.

He won't be sacked. He's got this one stitched up good and proper for him and his mates to enjoy. Our owners who have 'learned lessons' have been had again. Hook line and sinker.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

His days were numbered at Coventry. If he hadn't walked he would have been pushed.

Here he won't be. There's still a large chunk of people who think he is god's gift and a blessing, that he cannot be questioned and is the best thing about this club. He's full of himself so isn't going to pack in when he's got so many eating out of his hands and he's still in the Championship.

He won't be sacked. He's got this one stitched up good and proper for him and his mates to enjoy. Our owners who have 'learned lessons' have been had again. Hook line and sinker.

Spot on. Cunning barsteward did a runner at Coventry to save face and then went to the press to portray himself as the good guy. The Uriah Heep of football.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Always made me laugh at his haughty attitude in League 1, ‘my methods aren’t suited to this division’ etc.

As if Wigan, Portsmouth etc should have been honoured to have Tony bloody Mowbray on their premises.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

Part of the story should read : Liverpool know they can trust Tony Mowbray to give the loanee plenty of game time, even if it is not for the good of Blackburn Rovers or their own players.

Well it us good for us in the short term if he helps keep us in the league.

People go on about losing Armstrong which is correct but Elliots contribution of 11 assists and 4 goals shouldn't be under estimated either.

He has played 3 times for Liverpool seniors including Champions League and is tied down to a decent contract and is highly rated there.

I agree totally it isn't ideal but at the end of the day our squad is well short on numbers if you consider the amount of injuries we pick up season on season.

Another relegation to league one and losing most weeks won't be good for our young players development either.

At least Clarkson is a Blackburn lad and supporter, it will mean something to him playing for us 

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'm not totally disagreeing with what you say as we know our owners are totally stupid but if we are really struggling and the crowd are getting on his back I do think he will walk.

The media will be full of sympathy and he will play on that,they will be going on about how he didn't have any Money to spend and was left with an impossible task after not being able to replace all the departures, leaving out the fact that he is as responsible as anyone for getting us into this mess in the first place.

23 minutes ago, rigger said:

Part of the story should read : Liverpool know they can trust Tony Mowbray to give the loanee plenty of game time, even if it is not for the good of Blackburn Rovers or their own players.

We do need a CM and lack player's natural in that role. I expect however TM will probably see him as AAs replacement as he has a habit of seeing things in others that no one else does haha. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I'm not totally disagreeing with what you say as we know our owners are totally stupid but if we are really struggling and the crowd are getting on his back I do think he will walk.

The media will be full of sympathy and he will play on that,they will be going on about how he didn't have any Money to spend and was left with an impossible task after not being able to replace all the departures, leaving out the fact that he is as responsible as anyone for getting us into this mess in the first place.

What media, our only coverage is the telegraph . If it bothers you what they say, then you are in trouble. 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

What media, our only coverage is the telegraph . If it bothers you what they say, then you are in trouble. 

So they don't talk about is on sky ever?There wouldn't be a segment on sky sports news about how harsh Mowbray has been treated or the EFL show?

He would probably turn up on soccer Saturday

Edited by islander200