BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

45 minutes ago, islander200 said:

So they don't talk about is on sky ever?There wouldn't be a segment on sky sports news about how harsh Mowbray has been treated or the EFL show?

He would probably turn up on soccer Saturday

Yeah, I bet they will shunt all the premiership news to one side, to run that story.

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

Yeah, I bet they will shunt all the premiership news to one side, to run that story.

Omg are you for real.You think that it won't even be mentioned when he is gone?

I must have imagined sky Coyle in the studio when he got sacked?

Must also have imagined them going on about it on talksport.

Same when the rat left and Lambert.

The only mention of all those things was by the telegraph and lancs live.Laughable

• Like 1

The problem with the LT is it just toes the company line from the club and reports everything Mowbray says as gospel.

Never ever pull him up on previous stuff, never call out the CEO who is responsible for all this, never expose the phantom of the opera hiding behind the curtains. In fact never ask or challenge anything.

It is their responsibility to report the FULL FACTS and if they do so Mowbray & Waggots accountability would rightly be questioned.

They don't though and many fans just get their rovers info from on there so the comments section reflects that. It's an echo chamber for club propaganda that 90% of the time only tells the story as they want it presenting.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The only mention of all those things was by the telegraph and lancs live.Laughable

Sky, Talksport etc will cover Mowbray leaving. It might not be for long or in great detail, but they will cover it.

I still remember Jim White on Talksport after Coyle was sacked. "Venky's, we're coming for you". Whatever happened with that? It was nothing but hot air. They tried to put it all on the owners in order to defend their mate.

It will be the same with Mowbray. "Poor Tony, he was up against it, finances meant he could only sign kids on loan".

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Sky, Talksport etc will cover Mowbray leaving. It might not be for long or in great detail, but they will cover it.

I still remember Jim White on Talksport after Coyle was sacked. "Venky's, we're coming for you". Whatever happened with that? It was nothing but hot air. They tried to put it all on the owners in order to defend their mate.

It will be the same with Mowbray. "Poor Tony, he was up against it, finances meant he could only sign kids on loan".

Tell Rigger it's him who thinks otherwise.

Mowbray will be playing the victim bigtime and there will be no mention of his part in it.

Even last year when we featured on sky and where going through that awful spell the pundits never once questioned his part in it , it was excuse after excuse by them 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It will be mentioned. The next day it will be forgotten. 

30 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The problem with the LT is it just toes the company line from the club and reports everything Mowbray says as gospel.

Never ever pull him up on previous stuff, never call out the CEO who is responsible for all this, never expose the phantom of the opera hiding behind the curtains. In fact never ask or challenge anything.

It is their responsibility to report the FULL FACTS and if they do so Mowbray & Waggots accountability would rightly be questioned.

They don't though and many fans just get their rovers info from on there so the comments section reflects that. It's an echo chamber for club propaganda that 90% of the time only tells the story as they want it presenting.

They are listed on our website amongst sponsors and partners - just below Venkys and Recoverite...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

They are listed on our website amongst sponsors and partners - just below Venkys and Recoverite...

The way they drew their horns in so quickly last season after a few mild questions got Mowbray rattled says it all.

Just exist as the clubs official mouthpiece now, i suppose it's a bit frustrating for the reporter. Not half as much as the fans though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The way they drew their horns in so quickly last season after a few mild questions got Mowbray rattled says it all.

Just exist as the clubs official mouthpiece now, i suppose it's a bit frustrating for the reporter. Not half as much as the fans though. 

Exhibit A, Sharpe’s tweet adding the spin that the lowest ST sales for c40 years was some kind of positive.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

He’s a canny bugger.

As the club lets its key assets decrease in value, paint it as really an act of working class solidarity by salt o’ earth Tone with furloughed Joe Bloggs, total nonsense, especially with furlough winding down by October., plays well with the gallery though.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Always made me laugh at his haughty attitude in League 1, ‘my methods aren’t suited to this division’ etc.

As if Wigan, Portsmouth etc should have been honoured to have Tony bloody Mowbray on their premises.

This is the same bloke that's played with a False 9 in the Championship.

The same division he can't organise a team to keep a clean sheet in. He's beyond deluded. 

14 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

This is the same bloke that's played with a False 9 in the Championship.

The same division he can't organise a team to keep a clean sheet in. He's beyond deluded. 

mowbray is  going to leave us in a massive mess and a club with a shell of a squad  when he finally decides to **** off😈

• Like 4

It's no wonder Mowbray strikes a chord with Venkys i said years ago he's a crafty old sod.

He's been taking advantage of our situation in the way the club is run for ages now. He's nothing but a preacher they should stick a white dog collar on him. The guy will spin any situation to make himself out as the martyr.

I cannot wait to see the back of him whatever happens this season. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

It's no wonder Mowbray strikes a chord with Venkys i said years ago he's a crafty old sod.

He's been taking advantage of our situation in the way the club is run for ages now. He's nothing but a preacher they should stick a white dog collar on him. The guy will spin any situation to make himself out as the martyr.

I cannot wait to see the back of him whatever happens this season. 

You are very polite.

He is a ***t

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

Reading the comments on the lancashire telegraph are utterly mind numbing. Mowbray is a saint and nothing is his fault, the club have no money, which Mowbray didnt contribute to in any way. 

God in hell. You can tell these are the fans who backed Kean all the way, we are fucked as a club if after 5 years of pain people still havent seen the truth. Stockholm syndrome

I constantly question whether some of the posters on there are real people or just fake profiles to give a false perception of positivity to those with stakes in the club. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

lol,i also prefer the "shop floor" description of him

He triggers me everytime.

I try not to read him but for some insane reason went and read the LT article today.

One thing he has learnt well and that is ...... why tell the truth when a lie will do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

That article makes my blood boil.

Mowbray logic: "We can't offer new contracts to Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell when others in the world are being Furloughed" so they're contracts will have to run down."

However, what you actually did Tony was give bonus 6 week contacts to Smallwood, Samuel, Graham, Downing, Hart etc in the middle of Covid 2020. Probably costing £150,000. (Which is rumoured to be 1 whole year of Nyambe's salary)

Reality: You could have offered Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell a combined extra £20k a week for 2 year extensions this summer (£1m a year added to the wages), but instead you're going to let £15m* worth of players leave for free. 

What a fucking prick than man is!

I'd love to fucking know how much money Downing, Douglas, Pears, Braithwaite and Trybull cost us (per week) last season. You can bet your testicles it was more than £20kpw.

Oh no, can't possibly offer our captain, creative midfielder and stalwart RB new contracts... I've got Ex Boro mates to help get paid and 5 unproven EPL kids i must sign for 40 games with that money+ so I can be adored in Liverpool and Manchester.

GET HIM OUT.

Ryan Nyambe and Darragh Lenihan are very valuable players at this level. The club should have been trying hard to commit them before March 2020, when the pandemic hit the UK. If the players weren't keen, then a sale should have been made. We can't sell all but nor can we afford to let all leave on Bosmans, either. Apparently, Kaminski and Brereton are in their last year too.

Clearly, the finances are not all Mowbray's fault but the dealings described above, not to mention handing out appearance fees for Bennett, Evans and Holtby and the Brereton deal are his responsibility. I think Davenport has been a bad signing too and I don't hold much hope for him this season, though glad he's getting a chance.

I would hope that Rovers are actively trying to sell someone like Rothwell or Chapman, alongside, Armstrong. Getting transfer fees for some players will be necessary - but it must be balanced against depleting us for certain relegation.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 4