BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray said he will speak to the owners about some money being available to sign players on permanent deals if Armstrong leaves

Tbh, it's bizarre that those conversations haven't already taken place. We have to stop running in this lethargic decision making manner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Tbh, it's bizarre that those conversations haven't already taken place. We have to stop running in this lethargic decision making manner.

My memory may be fading but I thought Mowbray had already gone public and said no funds from the sale of AA for players.

The storyline changes daily. 

6 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Maybe Everton aren't a big enough club to get the yes i will play them in the first 11 all the time treatment that Liverpool and City got.

Elliot got 11 assists and 4 goals he deserved his place in the team, Mowbray benched him for a few games when his standards dropped.

Harwood Bellis didn't go straight into the 11 he had to wait until a position opened up through injury but once in he looked the best defender at the club

Trybull the experienced player was rubbish

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Elliot got 11 assists and 4 goals he deserved his place in the team, Mowbray benched him for a few games when his standards dropped.

Harwood Bellis didn't go straight into the 11 he had to wait until a position opened up through injury but once in he looked the best defender at the club

Trybull the experienced player was rubbish

Think whoever is the liason is also key. I can imagine us paying a bit more to not be forced into "every game" but agree to discuss the player with the liason before dropping them. In some cases this will be seen as part of the education - why would Liv/City want players that aren't used to being dropped if their standards slip?

12 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Think whoever is the liason is also key. I can imagine us paying a bit more to not be forced into "every game" but agree to discuss the player with the liason before dropping them. In some cases this will be seen as part of the education - why would Liv/City want players that aren't used to being dropped if their standards slip?

They both were in the team on merit is my point.Nobody can deny they were two of our better performers last season.Elliot had a spell out of the side,Bellis once he got in his performances didn't merit being dropped.Braintwaithe didn't perform and he was out of the team.

Trybull the experienced player didn't show anything really.

The thing with loaning experienced players Is  if they are any good then the parent club will want the majority of their wages paying and if we had that sort of money then surely that should be used to get our own players tied down to longer contracts.

• Like 1

We can offer but would they sign? Maybe if we somehow get off to a good sign and win the first few games it may put us in a position to negotiate contract extensions. Otherwise I’m Not sure if sign up for the long haul if I was them.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Absolutely. First order of business has to be offering better deals to Nyambe, Brereton, Kaminski, Lenihan and Rothwell.

Without doing this we are in an absolute hole and back in the position of close to zero assets

Edited by ben_the_beast
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Absolutely. First order of business has to be offering better deals to Nyambe, Brereton, Kaminski, Lenihan and Rothwell.

Whether they sign or not, we need to be sorting out these contracts ASAP. Imagine if none sign extensions? That's 50% of the starting 11 from yesterday gone and we'll get buttons in return. It's rank bad management to have allowed this situation to transpire, yet again and I struggle to believe the owners wouldn't stump up, as they all have value financially.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Whether they sign or not, we need to be sorting out these contracts ASAP. Imagine if none sign extensions? That's 50% of the starting 11 from yesterday gone and we'll get buttons in return. It's rank bad management to have allowed this situation to transpire, yet again and I struggle to believe the owners wouldn't stump up, as they all have value financially.

It's this false economy that riles me. A decent estimate is that we have shaved around £100k a week on the departees from last season. What would the weekly cost of increases for the out of contract players? Not spending £600k yearly on useless directors would be a start.

• Like 8

Pretty certain it all hinges on the Armstrong sale the payments for that will pretty much guarantee the extra income needed over the next 12 months.

Owners influx will have guaranteed present running costs but there's nothing extra in the pot short term. If they can't or won't put anymore in then there's no room to cover any new deals.

This is why we come back everytime to the terrible running of it all. Pissing money into pockets of old favs and silly short term gambles and neglecting the very thing they say they are supposed to be doing. Re-building with youth.

If they keep leaving for a few million compo though that guarantees a bit of income, doesn't cost the club new contracts. And you can bet somebody in the middle is doing ok out of it.  

I wouldn't trust the way these lot run it for a min, i'd rather put it down to just incompetence and not being arsed more than anything untoward. Over the last few years they've proven themselves quite useless.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Yes it should be. But haven't we offered new contracts to Nyambe and Rothwell? 

Rothwell's thumbs up to the fans yesterday when we sung his name shows what the fans think of him. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Feels like one that's going to go down to deadline day. We have a set amount we want met, whilst other clubs are low balling in the hope we'll be desperate enough to knock a few mill off our initial asking price. The situation would seem to be in the buying clubs' favour as we seem to need to Arma cash to even bring in loans, and leaving it until deadline day won't do us any good on that front. On the other hand this is Venky's, so anything could happen. 

Edited by DE.

25 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon saying Palace bid is 12 million plus extras.Rovers not willing to sell at that price

Palace know Rovers need to sell and they know Armstrong wants to leave

They hold all the cards, Rovers don't

Unless another bid comes in, around £12m is likely to be the deal price

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Palace know Rovers need to sell and they know Armstrong wants to leave

They hold all the cards, Rovers don't

Unless another bid comes in, around £12m is likely to be the deal price

Would you be surprised if these jokers let his contract run down and let him go on a free?I wouldn't 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I wouldn't trust the way these lot run it for a min, i'd rather put it down to just incompetence and not being arsed more than anything untoward. Over the last few years they've proven themselves quite useless.

I think Mowbray just truly believes his own waffle. He wasn't trying to elevate expectations last season. He genuinely believed he was going to take us up and with 5 subs possible he decided to spunk our money on a hugely inflated squad size with nothing left over for contracts. So nothing untoward, but putting his own career first as he wanted another promotion on his Cv. That and cushy contracts for the boys. Regardless of anything this situation is of his own making. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Id keep him for the season let him go free. If I thought they'd reinvest the money fine, but they won't.

You would, wouldnt you? The illogical thing to do 😆 

He could get injured, he probably won't try. Completely upset the camp. The deal needs to happen this window and it will

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

You would, wouldnt you? The illogical thing to do 😆 

He could get injured, he probably won't try. Completely upset the camp. The deal needs to happen this window and it will

Anyone could get injured. Goals don't upset the camp.  Hope we can find those 30 goals from somewhere.