BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You would, wouldnt you? The illogical thing to do 😆 

He could get injured, he probably won't try. Completely upset the camp. The deal needs to happen this window and it will

I would have thought Arma has a lot of respect for his current teammates who he has grown with these last three or so years, i really don't think he would upset the camp, more he would prove the premier doubters wrong, and that's to the benefit of Blackburn Rovers all day long. If he stays.

Edited by EgyptianPete
missed last sentence
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Palace know Rovers need to sell and they know Armstrong wants to leave

They hold all the cards, Rovers don't

Unless another bid comes in, around £12m is likely to be the deal price

Norwich have offered 15 million pounds plus Idah on loan. 

4 or 5 PL clubs need strikers at the minute so wouldn't surprise if West Ham or Brighton bid for Armstrong when a fee is agree with another PL club

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

4 or 5 PL clubs need strikers at the minute so wouldn't surprise if West Ham or Brighton bid for Armstrong when a fee is agree with another PL club

This Norwich bid has been played down by everyone but Nixon, think Nixon has dropped a bollock there and the Norwich bid is actually rubbish. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

According to nixon yes but not according to journos local to Norwich. Where's your evidence Chaddy?

• Like 2

Norwich want a striker from Werder Bremen plus they don't want to let Idah (sp?) go, which suggests they're not that interested in Armstrong

Other clubs could come in but as it stands Palace is the only serious bid on the table. 

£12 million it is

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Norwich want a striker from Werder Bremen plus they don't want to let Idah (sp?) go, which suggests they're not that interested in Armstrong

Other clubs could come in but as it stands Palace is the only serious bid on the table. 

£12 million it is

12 millions plus adds on's 

Do Norwich not need another striker anyway since they are looking to sell/loan their striker in Hugill?

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

12 millions plus adds on's 

Do Norwich not need another striker anyway since they are looking to sell/loan their striker in Hugill?

Whether they need a striker or not, they haven’t bid for Armstrong 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Anyone could get injured. Goals don't upset the camp.  Hope we can find those 30 goals from somewhere.

Anyone else getting injured isn't going to lead to us missing out on 15 million in the short term. 

We don't need to replace 30 goals, we need to win more games. Dolans workrate from that role was very impressive yesterday. Looked a far better team. Armstrong took penalties and most of his goals were of the flat track bully variety. 

On we go 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, EgyptianPete said:

I would have thought Arma has a lot of respect for his current teammates who he has grown with these last three or so years, i really don't think he would upset the camp, more he would prove the premier doubters wrong, and that's to the benefit of Blackburn Rovers all day long. If he stays.

They could think he's a glory hunter either. We don't know. They definitely thought it againt Bristol city last season to give one example. Johnson said as much in an interview. 

No benefit if he stays, he has made it clear he wants to leave. Need to sort a deal ASAP. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Id keep him for the season let him go free. If I thought they'd reinvest the money fine, but they won't.

Regarding FFP, is that an option? If a sale helps towards the next FFP cycle, that will help in the future and probably mean more freedom for another manager.

For the long-term of the club, and a world without Venky's, my head says that we can't have a 20 mill decifit each year needed to be covered by owners. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray said he will speak to the owners about some money being available to sign players on permanent deals if Armstrong leaves

and the first and only reply from any competent owners

"now then Tony this Journey that you were taking us on when you had to  hold us back from spending hows that going? There is the door and take Arthur Daly and Bob the Builder with you"

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

They might have bid from earlier in the window but with signing a striker for 8 million from Werder Bremen and in talks to sign a 10 million attacker from Greece I doubt they are still in the race for Armstrong

11 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Looking back through history, selling our best goalscorer rarely works out for the better.

This one won't either, despite the insistence (or desperation) of some to want you to think that it will.

Tony Field, David Speedie, Simon Garner.

• Like 1

Id keep him for the season let him go free. If I thought they'd reinvest the money fine, but they won't.

He doesn't want to be here anymore, and having an unhappy player in the camp rarerly ends well 

Plus if he is sold they can't be using lack of funds as a reason we have half a squad coming to the end of their contract next summer

Edited by islander200

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

He doesn't want to be here anymore, and having an unhappy player in the camp rarerly ends well

He would get used to the idea when he realises he will get a 2m signing fee in 12 months from somewhere else....we might go up whilst he's here........

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He would get used to the idea when he realises he will get a 2m signing fee in 12 months from somewhere else....we might go up whilst he's here........

Yeah he could get a 2 million signing on fee elsewhere come summer,so would he be giving 100% or will he look at what happened with Dack on not want to risk injury

We ain't going up 

Mowbray and Rovers can squeal all they want.

IMO, facts are:

• Armstrong doesn't want to be here
  • Southampton / Palace / Norwich is the apparent market and none will cough up big money
  • £12million is as good as it will get, leaving us with £8million which is what a few of us on here thought Rovers would end up with for some time

I think Rovers are a totally dysfunctional club, and have been for over 10 years, and the situation we are now in is all down to the clueless management of Waggott and Mowbray.  Sadly, I think things will only get worse.  

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 9

Who's got more money than Palace, Southampton or Norwich who might be interested in Armstrong?

Certainly not Brighton or West Brom, who've been mentioned

West Ham I'm sure are watching the Armstrong situation and might go higher if they fail with their other targets, but that might be just wishful thinking

The bar has been set at £12m by Palace and with the type of lower Prem club looking at him and in the unlikely event of a bidding war I can't see any reason why it should go much higher.

• Like 3