BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

12 hours ago, arbitro said:

Fits the bill. Ex Middlesbrough, can still live on Teeside and join the car share club from Yarm.

I feel a three year deal coming.

Only 3? He could be the next Ibrahimovic, 10 years minimum for me and at least 100k a week, a share of profits and a 90% of wages clause for his agent. Oh and a company car, phont, laptop, butler, chalet, house and private plane. We should also consider extending HS2 to Middlesbrough so they can travel quicker.

Think we could get Harry Wilson from Liverpool? 

They'll be looking to offload him this summer to reinforce their squad and has been loaned out the past 4/5 seasons to the Championship. Could be a potential Elliott replacement on a perm? Not sure how much funds we'll be working with, but I think he's a quality little player, we at least could get another loan... 

• Like 1

Rovers have big problem with Armstrong.

Just one year left on contract and interested clubs, and I don't think there are many, know it - Newcastle also will be owed a big slug.

IMO, wont be a first choice for too many out there.

I'll put my head on the block and say he'll go for £15million or, more likely, less.  Where is the market for a guy who, IMO, has decent pace but very limited football intelligence.  Will be meat and drink for PL defenders.

As for Assombalonga, wages way too much for us - dead in the water.  More chance of Rhodes ending up back here (for love and not money!).

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

We've ballsed it up big time on Armstrong and it will cost us. The golden goose won't lay quite the golden egg they had hoped.

For all his shortcomings a lad of his age, English, with pace, no injury issues, ex England u21, 20 goals under his belt this season - as we've seen with some of those Brentford have sold it's usually £20 million territory.

Thanks to Laurel and Hardy running the club and the idiots in India doing nothing he's down to 12 months. Half his price on that alone.

Any interest from the Prem will come late on when they're getting more desperate for goals or miss on other targets. Another problem.

We aren't even in the business of offering new deals let alone suitable terms for a player of his ability and ambition so we can rule that one out.

So much for growing a squad of assets eh Tone. All a load of cobblers like the rest of your journey.

Next news is we will be forced to sell Armstrong to some dross like Forest or Stoke who at least have an ounce of ambition and Waggott will be out wailing about FFP constraints, conveniently ignoring that looking after the Armstrong scenario by sorting a new deal for him last year would have landed us millions and millions in profit. Then he wouldn't need to worry about how many caps and scarves we sell in the club shop.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Where is the market for a guy who, IMO, has decent pace but very limited football intelligence.  Will be meat and drink for PL defenders.

As for Assombalonga, wages way too much for us - dead in the water.  More chance of Rhodes ending up back here (for love and not money!).

Dwight Gayle springs to mind.  I'd be looking for a swap deal with Newcastle + 10m to us and Gayle to us. They can have Armstrong. 

I'd take a punt on the Spanish kid at Morecambe,  supposed to be a good un

id love Dwight gayle although very unrealistic. I think assombalonga could, COULD be a great signing. Running off the right wing or waiting about for 85 minutes a game for the ball to be passed over the half way line and slow build possession football isn't going to get the best out of him. All comes back to my point earlier. Whilst tony remains nobody really knows what any of the players we have are capable off so god help judging new recruits. we need a manager before anything otherwise were just pissing wages and fees up the wall ala Gallagher and Brereton and may aswell get relegated with the kids playing hoping to unearth a gem and ease the financial burden of league one. 

• Like 1

Genki haraguchi will leave hannover 96 in the summer. He's a good attacking midfielder who will want more than 10 000 a week (that's hannover's wage ceiling and one reason why he's leaving). He would be a very good experienced attacking midfielder who would be upper championship level and available on a free.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/genki-haraguchi/profil/spieler/79377

• Like 1

Why can't we ever just do what other clubs do if we have to sell players ?

Sell high then re-invest a portion in a good replacement. Not a punt, not several injury prone oaps using the money for wages. Just sign a good replacement who you hope you can do similar with.

You could almost call it the Brentford model, the Blackburn model is very different. Geared for water treading at best.

5 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Juninho Bacuna is a guy I think is a quality midfielder on his day. Always plays well against us, and will do tomorrow no doubt. Perhaps part of a clear out at Huddersfield this summer.  

Wouldn't mind him in the summer.

Good player but not sure I’d want him in the trenches if the chips were down. Which they usually are at Ewood.

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Good player but not sure I’d want him in the trenches if the chips were down. Which they usually are at Ewood.

Yeah I would hate to see him under a ToMo but an Ainsworth?? Or as a three with Buckley/Travis or Rothwell in Wilders 3-5-2?? Still time to be a chips up club next season. I know what you mean though. Arma levels of sulkiness

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, JHRover said:

We've ballsed it up big time on Armstrong and it will cost us. The golden goose won't lay quite the golden egg they had hoped.

For all his shortcomings a lad of his age, English, with pace, no injury issues, ex England u21, 20 goals under his belt this season - as we've seen with some of those Brentford have sold it's usually £20 million territory.

Thanks to Laurel and Hardy running the club and the idiots in India doing nothing he's down to 12 months. Half his price on that alone.

Any interest from the Prem will come late on when they're getting more desperate for goals or miss on other targets. Another problem.

We aren't even in the business of offering new deals let alone suitable terms for a player of his ability and ambition so we can rule that one out.

So much for growing a squad of assets eh Tone. All a load of cobblers like the rest of your journey.

Next news is we will be forced to sell Armstrong to some dross like Forest or Stoke who at least have an ounce of ambition and Waggott will be out wailing about FFP constraints, conveniently ignoring that looking after the Armstrong scenario by sorting a new deal for him last year would have landed us millions and millions in profit. Then he wouldn't need to worry about how many caps and scarves we sell in the club shop.

Is there a year option on Armstrong I wonder?

21 hours ago, JHRover said:

To be fair, we don't know the ins and outs. He could have been offered a deal , or a number of deals and turned them down. Player power and all of that. Although some players can criticize Mowbray, Armstrong certainly can't. He owes him a lot. He has played a huge part in his ascendancy. 

Wont get as much as we think for Arma imo.

40% to Newcastle. sell on clause.

Or won't he go for free next summer.

And how many clubs will have too much cash to splash after 1.5 seasons behind closed doors.

It seems we are looking for £12 million to cover FFP but not sure it is realistic to sell for £30 million.

If we don't unload him before June the submitted "projections" were wrong and we are full tilt transfer embargo.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-adam-armstrong-clause-19795691

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looking like Mowbray knows his budget for next season according to Nixon in the Sun on Sunday and will be in talks this week for potential targets 

https://the72.co.uk/232852/blackburn-rovers-boss-learns-summer-budget-talks-with-transfer-targets-commencing-next-week/

That's bullshit. He's trying to keep his job. When has he ever had all his transfers sewn up by May....? Never when he's guaranteed to be the manager the following season.

Why the difference this season.? Cos hes a shyster

• Like 3