BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

7 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Yea disgusting having Harvey Elliott wasn’t it… 🤦‍♀️ 

This Brighton lad has nowhere near the pedigree of Elliott though - otherwise he would be in the Brighton side at 20.  This has more of the Mo Barrow type loan about it.

Only plus side is he's a winger. Maybe he will even play on the wing.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Only plus side is he's a winger. Maybe he will even play on the wing.  

Guaranteed to play through the middle with Sam and Ben out wide.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Yea disgusting having Harvey Elliott wasn’t it… 🤦‍♀️ 

No it wasn't but Branthwaite was. If they're better than we have --fair enough ,and Elliott was, but no better than what we have is destructive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

The reality is that Rovers had very few cards to play because they have a fucking idiot at the helm!

Good luck to Armstrong, lets hope he does well. If he doesnt bomb he can always come back on loan !

The idiot at the helm bought Arma for £1.5m and is about to sell him for £15m. 

Of all the things to criticise Mowbray for, this in isolation is not one of them.

Arma has been offered a new deal and understandably hasn’t signed it. Ball was always in his court after last season. At least we’re getting a decent fee.

FWIW I think £15m is probably Arma’s worth. £20m would have been nice but at least we can get it done well before deadline day.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, 47er said:

No it wasn't but Branthwaite was. If they're better than we have --fair enough ,and Elliott was, but no better than what we have is destructive.

Might be forgetting certain things but didn’t we have Bradley Johnson in that role before we got the two loan centrebacks in?

Carter and Magliore on loan elsewhere?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

A few Southampton Journo's saying its just 9m up front..

£12m + £3m add ons.

Without the add ons, which have to be earned, nets Rovers £9.7m.

Rovers got their b@lls squeezed - didn't Rovers want £25million!?

Think Southampton's deal is okay given the sh1t hole, IMO, Waggott and Mowbray put us in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Mowbray will love boasting to the owners that this is his buy young/nurture/sell strategy working.

Tony gets a 5-year contract extension as a reward? 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, JohnGo said:

They are not taking the piss. Basic economics, they know we need the money, twelve months left on his contract. They can wait to the end of the window, if the three stooges don’t drop their valuation the Saints can wait until January when the valuation will have dropped. How’s that taking the piss, if the Rovers operated like this you’d be clapping your hands.

Steady on assuming what I’d be doing.

Like walking into Tesco, seeing a lettuce for 50p, then offering 35p….

1 minute ago, JBiz said:

Might be forgetting certain things but didn’t we have Bradley Johnson in that role before we got the two loan centrebacks in?

Carter and Magliore on loan elsewhere?

So an emergency loan because we hadn't invested properly at the back.  He looked every inch an emergency loan as well. 

Out of all the loans we've had over the last 3-4 years, I'd say Harrison Reed (wasn't used properly by TM though), Tosin, Elliott and Hardwood Bellis have been a cut above what we had.  The rest have been on a sliding scale of bang average to shite.

That's probably around a 30% success rate.

If we are making 5 loans this summer. The likelihood is that a maximum of 2 will actually improve the team.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Of all the things to criticise Mowbray for, this in isolation is not one of them.

Arma has been offered a new deal and understandably hasn’t signed it. Ball was always in his court after last season. At least we’re getting a decent fee.

FWIW I think £15m is probably Arma’s worth. £20m would have been nice but at least we can get it done well before deadline day.

The idiot i am referring to is Maggot not Mowbray!

5 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Sounds to me like 15mil plus add ons.

According to a colleague in NE, it's £15m MAX INCLUDING £3m add ons.

£15m max ties in with Hampshire press.

Edited by Mercer

Well done to Adam Armstrong. He's worked hard, given everything here, and richly deserves his move to the premier league. I can't think of a single reason why he should stay here. I hope he does really well. I think he will. 

I'm not sure how pleased the Saints will be with the signing as he's nowhere near as good as Ings and is completely unproven at the top level. 

• Like 9