BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

All down to the quality of the signings the manager makes whether its Mowbray or a new manager(which I prefer) for next season. 

Your post implied that Mowbray was at work building a squad for next season. If that is the case and he is in charge, plus Armstrong goes, we will not be in for a good season unfortunately. Mowbray has a track record of fairly shoddy recruitment, I suspect that will continue.

If Mowbray is at work signing players prior to being sacked, that is totally illogical.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Your post implied that Mowbray was at work building a squad for next season. If that is the case and he is in charge, plus Armstrong goes, we will not be in for a good season unfortunately. Mowbray has a track record of fairly shoddy recruitment, I suspect that will continue.

If Mowbray is at work signing players prior to being sacked, that is totally illogical.

Nixon and Sharpe have both same that Mowbray is staying and working on signings. Nixon has said that Mowbray is working on transfers with Pasha so I guess the budget has been agreed which is a first for Venkys if true. Now if thats the case and true then its suggest he is staying for next season. Now is that I want or what I would have done? Of course not, as I want a change of manager and tactical approach to achieve promotion. 

How we will perform next season? Time to judge that is after seeing who we sign and who leaves plus other teams. Its will be interesting to see who Mowbray or whoever is charge signs and how we replace Armstrong. We have spoken before about who I would sign this summer but I aint the manager tho. 

Think we agree that Holtby, Johnson, Evans, Bennett, Downing and Bell should be release this season. Can we agree on that? 

Can we agree that we should invoke 12 months club extensions on Nyambe, Rankin-Costello and Rothwell? 

Can we agree that we need a 1 right back signing, 1 centre back signing, 1 left back signing, 2 centre midfielder, 2 wide players and 1 striker(and another If Armstrong goes) as summer signings this summer? Also can we agree that we need to get some of these signings(4 or 5) done before pre seasons starts?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

According to Nicko Mowbray is working with Pasha on bringing in these new signings. 

That worries me, i actually think this Pasha guy is a Mowbray ally and well connected to certain agents himself.

I always wonder just what is in it for him, is he more involved than we actually know. Maybe he recommended Mowbray and feels partly responsible or something but iv'e zero faith in any of them.

Last seasons window was a good one lets be honest all the signings improved us on paper. Strongest squad TM has had plus Dack was back for a spell and the only real miss was Ayala. The fact is the manager couldn't turn HIS squad with his signings into anything remotely effective. Aside from the little purple patch before we were sussed out.

Imo the possession football just meant we lost a load of games 0-1 instead of 0-2 or 3. It just papered over cracks instead of the picture he's trying to peddle that we are just a step away from turning 0-1's into 1-0's.

Whoever he signs this summer he'll operate the same way he always has. Two thirds of it will be average to gash again because that's what this management set up is, regardless of squad.

Only interested in players getting games and everyone being involved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That worries me, i actually think this Pasha guy is a Mowbray ally and well connected to certain agents himself.

I always wonder just what is in it for him, is he more involved than we actually know. Maybe he recommended Mowbray and feels partly responsible or something but iv'e zero faith in any of them.

Last seasons window was a good one lets be honest all the signings improved us on paper. Strongest squad TM has had

From what @J*Bposted a couple of weeks ago that Pasha has worked for Venkys for a while and he is Balaji's right hand man who runs his investments for him which Rovers are one. I don't know him he actually has certain agents connections. 

When Mowbray was appointed here we had Paul Senior who told me via email that Mowbray was his first choice to replace Coyle. 

I agree that Mowbray has been given 3 years to build a squad good enough for promotion and back by the owners financially so I don't know how he has managed to convince Pasha and Balaji to continue as manager next season. 

But if Mowbray is here next season the pressure will be on him from game 1 from fans cos people want promotion and plenty of supporters wanted a change of manager

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Imo the possession football just meant we lost a load of games 0-1 instead of 0-2 or 3. It just papered over cracks instead of the picture he's trying to peddle that we are just a step away from turning 0-1's into 1-0's.

If Mowbray wants to play this possession based game then actually sign players with the attributes to play that style and how you wants. Not sign Ayala, Gallagher or Johnson for example don't fit this style. 

I think we are better trying to play a counter attacking style or abit more of direct style relying on wingers to put good crossing in for 2 strikers for next season

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon and Sharpe have both same that Mowbray is staying and working on signings. Nixon has said that Mowbray is working on transfers with Pasha so I guess the budget has been agreed which is a first for Venkys if true. Now if thats the case and true then its suggest he is staying for next season. Now is that I want or what I would have done? Of course not, as I want a change of manager and tactical approach to achieve promotion. 

How we will perform next season? Time to judge that is after seeing who we sign and who leaves plus other teams. Its will be interesting to see who Mowbray or whoever is charge signs and how we replace Armstrong. We have spoken before about who I would sign this summer but I aint the manager tho. 

Think we agree that Holtby, Johnson, Evans, Bennett, Downing and Bell should be release this season. Can we agree on that? 

Can we agree that we should invoke 12 months club extensions on Nyambe, Rankin-Costello and Rothwell? 

Can we agree that we need a 1 right back signing, 1 centre back signing, 1 left back signing, 2 centre midfielder, 2 wide players and 1 striker(and another If Armstrong goes) as summer signings this summer? Also can we agree that we need to get some of these signings(4 or 5) done before pre seasons starts?

So after he’s been here 4 years we basically need a new team ?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So after he’s been here 4 years we basically need a new team ?

Well not all 1st choice players but for the squad yes. But getting rid of some of the deadwood is needed like Bennett, Bell, Johnson and Evans is a must for me

as I said to Tomphil thats if Mowbray wants to play this possession based game then he needs to sign players that fit the style and stick by it. Its not the way I would play. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It depends on your view of need. Personally I would say we need to sign 1 x left back, 1 x left wing, 1 x right wing. There are other positions that it would be nice to improve.

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

It depends on your view of need. Personally I would say we need to sign 1 x left back, 1 x left wing, 1 x right wing. There are other positions that it would be nice to improve.

I would say the positions I named are were we need playing in. Deffo need a centre back, right back, midfield, wide and up front even more so if Armstrong leaves

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say the positions I named are were we need playing in. Deffo need a centre back, right back, midfield, wide and up front even more so if Armstrong leaves

At centerback next season we will have, Lenihan, Ayala, Magloire, Carter, Wharton, for two positions. I would play 4-4-2. So for the central midfield two we will have, Travis, Davenport, Rothwell, Buckley. Right back we have Nyambe and Pike. Up front, we have, Brereton, Gallagher, McBride, Chapman for two spots.

I would also have Leftback, Pickering and a new signing. Leftwing, Dolan and a new signing . Rightwing JRC and a new signing.  

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

At centerback next season we will have, Lenihan, Ayala, Magloire, Carter, Wharton, for two positions. I would play 4-4-2. So for the central midfield two we will have, Travis, Davenport, Rothwell, Buckley. Right back we have Nyambe and Pike. Up front, we have, Brereton, Gallagher, McBride, Chapman for two spots.

I would also have Leftback, Pickering and a new signing. Leftwing, Dolan and a new signing . Rightwing JRC and a new signing.  

Maglorie and Chapman are leaving this season. Both out of contract  

Wharton will be injured next season and is Ayala ever going to be fit. 

I suggest we need 2 midfielders to compete with those 4. If you playing 4-4-2 then Rothwell wouldnt be in midfield 2. 

Will Nyambe, JRC or Rothwell even be here or sold this summer cos they wont sign contract extensions? Or lose them for nothing in 12 months time 

Brereton isnt a striker. Suits wide role in front 3..

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maglorie and Chapman are leaving this season. Both out of contract  

Wharton will be injured next season and is Ayala ever going to be fit. 

I suggest we need 2 midfielders to compete with those 4. If you playing 4-4-2 then Rothwell wouldnt be in midfield 2. 

Will Nyambe, JRC or Rothwell even be here or sold this summer cos they wont sign contract extensions? Or lose them for nothing in 12 months time 

Brereton isnt a striker. Suits wide role in front 3..

Haven't the Rovers got the option of one year extensions ? You cannot say when players will be back from injury. I am using players that are signed for us. I do not know when or if there circumstances will change. Players will play where they are best for the team. It is a good managers job to convince the players of that fact. Sadly were Mowbray has failed.

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think I need a break from Rovers / the board.

Talk of Mowbray in discussions for summer signings has made me sick.

This is ridiculous isn't it? Certain posters are preparing a U turn.

Mowbray out and transfer talk should be banned till he fecks off

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

All down to the quality of the signings the manager makes whether its Mowbray or a new manager(which I prefer) for next season. 

You really are building the foundations for your next about-turn, aren’t you.

It doesn’t matter the quality of the signings, Mowbray will not get the best out of them, and is more likely to take them backwards.

• Like 3