BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maglorie and Chapman are leaving this season. Both out of contract  

Wharton will be injured next season and is Ayala ever going to be fit. 

I suggest we need 2 midfielders to compete with those 4. If you playing 4-4-2 then Rothwell wouldnt be in midfield 2. 

Will Nyambe, JRC or Rothwell even be here or sold this summer cos they wont sign contract extensions? Or lose them for nothing in 12 months time 

Brereton isnt a striker. Suits wide role in front 3..

Big problem if Armstrong is sold, is to find the right replacement for him to fill in his goal tally. Cause who out of Brereton, Gallagher, and McBride are going to fill his boots? 

I think we can bring in another loan for a young CB for an emergency purpose. I quite like that Rhys Williams from Liverpool, won't get much game time there and will look to further his experience somewhere else, why not show his talent here at Blackburn to impress Klopp?

I'd love to give Nyambe an extension, but I doubt he'll sign one, so we'll need a RB. Think we could get the American Deandre Yedlin from Galatasaray? Maybe too expensive on wages possibly, but not a bad choice if he can stay healthy (huge issue). 

If Armstrong is sold to West Ham (heavily linked), maybe we can get Ademipo Odubeko in return + cash? Certainly we could get a loan, cause he won't get much game time since they'll invest in their striker positions. I don't necessarily like all these loans and would rather build the squad with perms. But imo, Odubeko wouldn't be a bad option. Surely not to completely take over Armstrong's goal tally, we would need to bring in someone along with him. I'm just saying as a backup since I can't see Brereton, Gallagher, and McBride doing much.... Hopefully I'm wrong. 

11 minutes ago, Blxckwater0 said:

Big problem if Armstrong is sold, is to find the right replacement for him to fill in his goal tally. Cause who out of Brereton, Gallagher, and McBride are going to fill his boots? 

I think we can bring in another loan for a young CB for an emergency purpose. I quite like that Rhys Williams from Liverpool, won't get much game time there and will look to further his experience somewhere else, why not show his talent here at Blackburn to impress Klopp?

I'd love to give Nyambe an extension, but I doubt he'll sign one, so we'll need a RB. Think we could get the American Deandre Yedlin from Galatasaray? Maybe too expensive on wages possibly, but not a bad choice if he can stay healthy (huge issue). 

If Armstrong is sold to West Ham (heavily linked), maybe we can get Ademipo Odubeko in return + cash? Certainly we could get a loan, cause he won't get much game time since they'll invest in their striker positions. I don't necessarily like all these loans and would rather build the squad with perms. But imo, Odubeko wouldn't be a bad option. Surely not to completely take over Armstrong's goal tally, we would need to bring in someone along with him. I'm just saying as a backup since I can't see Brereton, Gallagher, and McBride doing much.... Hopefully I'm wrong. 

The biggest problem we have is getting a cohesive way of playing with the players we have got. Not speculation about fantasy players. At the moment we are more akin to the Blackburn Rovers of the 1970s/80s than of the 1990s. 

• Like 2

Just now, rigger said:

The biggest problem we have is getting a cohesive way of playing with the players we have got. Not speculation about fantasy players. At the moment we are more akin to the Blackburn Rovers of the 1970s/80s than of the 1990s. 

Well we aren't gonna get that with Mowbray... 

5 minutes ago, Blxckwater0 said:

Well we aren't gonna get that with Mowbray... 

True, but in your post you did not mention Mowbray as being a problem. All you mentioned was trying to get in loans. Personally I would prefer to work with our own players than loans. I think the most important thing that could happen for the good of our club, is for Mowbray to go. 

Edited by rigger

Just now, rigger said:

True, but in your post you did not mention Mowbray as being a problem. All you mentioned was trying to get in loans.

Well this is the summer transfer thread, not the "Mowbray Discussion" or the "Mowbray Successor" thread. And by the looks of it, and the rumors going around, he's staying. And what we are working with funds wise, is still up in the air, but I'm not very optimistic on it. We've established we utilize loans with Elliott, Bellis, Branthwaite, Douglas, Trybull. So if Bellis/Branthwaite go back to their respective clubs, we could get a loan for a young CB. A loan for a front 3 position is do-able as well. I'd rather get a player on a permanent to establish and get a cohesive squad like you said, but again, how much funds are we working with? 

2 minutes ago, Blxckwater0 said:

Well this is the summer transfer thread, not the "Mowbray Discussion" or the "Mowbray Successor" thread. And by the looks of it, and the rumors going around, he's staying. And what we are working with funds wise, is still up in the air, but I'm not very optimistic on it. We've established we utilize loans with Elliott, Bellis, Branthwaite, Douglas, Trybull. So if Bellis/Branthwaite go back to their respective clubs, we could get a loan for a young CB. A loan for a front 3 position is do-able as well. I'd rather get a player on a permanent to establish and get a cohesive squad like you said, but again, how much funds are we working with? 

The problem is, as you say we have tried to utilize the loan market, that has failed miserably, our league position is a testament to that. We may have a restricted budget, so we shall have to try with what we already have. If that doesn't work, we will have to try something else. It has always been so.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I suggest we need 2 midfielders to compete with those 4. If you playing 4-4-2 then Rothwell wouldnt be in midfield 2. 

Will Nyambe, JRC or Rothwell even be here or sold this summer cos they wont sign contract extensions? Or lose them for nothing in 12 months time 

No Chapman, the club has option, and we taking it.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I’ve not seen anything that suggests Maglorie is leaving. Come on Mr ITK why the hell is he leaving? Your one on this site that constantly writes talent off without seeing them. You tell us ow mighty one how many games have you seen him play this season?

1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

I’ve not seen anything that suggests Maglorie is leaving. Come on Mr ITK why the hell is he leaving? Your one on this site that constantly writes talent off without seeing them. You tell us ow mighty one how many games have you seen him play this season?

Why do people keep calling him ‘Maglorie’?

12 hours ago, rigger said:

10/10

There is no point speculating about signings until we decide what way of playing we intend to adopt next season.

I detect a whiff of concern in Mowbray's latest comments on Armstrong. He's been advertising him for sale for the last 6 months so has now backtracked slightly in saying he would like him to be here and would like him to extend his deal.

some of that is stating the obvious and sending a message to the fans, but I suspect some of it is a dawning realisation of the predicament we are in, both in terms of sheer dependence on Armstrong and also the financial implications of being forced to sell him this summer from a weak bargaining position.

Clearly if the club had proactively dealt with this situation- handed him a bumper deal last summer as his hot streak was beginning- we'd be sitting very pretty now. 

But whatever we do get for him will be much less than we could. I suspect this is why Mowbray is now talking about a new contract but not stopping him moving if a PL club comes along.

Presumably it is going to reflect badly on Mowbray if we end up getting a low fee or even nothing in 2022. 

There's a lot of talking going on about new deals yet little result. Good talkers here. Less doing rather hard luck stories.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stuart said:

You really are building the foundations for your next about-turn, aren’t you.

It doesn’t matter the quality of the signings, Mowbray will not get the best out of them, and is more likely to take them backwards.

Of course it matters about the quality of the signings unless you want to go down. 

What U-turn? I have said that I want a change of manager. So what more do you want?

If you want protest or Boycott buying club merchandise or not buy a season ticket then crack on and get on with it 

13 hours ago, Blxckwater0 said:

Big problem if Armstrong is sold,

Mowbray is suggesting that Armstrong might sign a new contract

5 hours ago, JohnGo said:

Cos I want by some that Tyler Magloire contract is up. it appears that his contract is till 2022. 

It's poor that its come to this and he could end up just winding his contract down. Then side stepping somewhere for nothing and doubling his pay as a result.  They need to make their minds up pronto, stick a contract in front of him with a 'trigger fee' and get him to sign it.

Too much sense in that and it should have been done by now but i think they haven't the foggiest how much he's worth. No bids seem to have come in so although the club itself, if not the owners, needs to sell they seem terrified of putting a price on him.

Making a horlicks of it as usual, what is the point of this 300k a year CEO at all ?  

As for Mowbray, on this subject it is probably the most sense he's talked in 6 months. On anything in fact !

• Like 1

It's not sense to talk about it when it's too late.

Armstrong should have been sorted before Dack, as you say with a payrise and release fee. He will go for buttons now and when another team bids Armstrong will be in the position of power. Accept the offer or I will run my contract down and leave for nothing. The whole situation is rank bad management and his trivial little words are no more than hot air, so it looks like they tried. If I was Armstrong if would have walked straight into the managers office when dack got his new contract and said something, instead we signed up dack and the moron TM helped make that millions poured down the drain. Our management team are amazing at shooting themselves in the foot and consequently screwing the club over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I detect a whiff of concern in Mowbray's latest comments on Armstrong. He's been advertising him for sale for the last 6 months so has now backtracked slightly in saying he would like him to be here and would like him to extend his deal.

some of that is stating the obvious and sending a message to the fans, but I suspect some of it is a dawning realisation of the predicament we are in, both in terms of sheer dependence on Armstrong and also the financial implications of being forced to sell him this summer from a weak bargaining position.

Clearly if the club had proactively dealt with this situation- handed him a bumper deal last summer as his hot streak was beginning- we'd be sitting very pretty now. 

But whatever we do get for him will be much less than we could. I suspect this is why Mowbray is now talking about a new contract but not stopping him moving if a PL club comes along.

Presumably it is going to reflect badly on Mowbray if we end up getting a low fee or even nothing in 2022. 

There's a lot of talking going on about new deals yet little result. Good talkers here. Less doing rather hard luck stories.

It's very easy to say we should have done this or we should have done that. I am sure numerous contracts have been offered to Armstrong. At the end of the day, he is the one with the power here, as he was last summer. The fact he had a good end to the season and knew he would be the number 1 striker gave him all the cards here. 

I just don't think this one is a simple case of Mowbray or the club being able to anything else. He will get at least what our top earner is on somewhere else next season and he knows it. Plus a signing on fee no doubt. 

So its a case of having to break the wage structure here, plus give him a huge signing on fee, then just sell him anyway during the summer. Again though, it would work out just as well for him to wait and run down his deal, because of the signing on fee involved. He has no loyalty to Rovers at the end of the day. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

A completely reactive football club. No wonder we're 5 years behind Brentford... sorry Barnsley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's very easy to say we should have done this or we should have done that. I am sure numerous contracts have been offered to Armstrong. At the end of the day, he is the one with the power here, as he was last summer. The fact he had a good end to the season and knew he would be the number 1 striker gave him all the cards here. 

I just don't think this one is a simple case of Mowbray or the club being able to anything else. He will get at least what our top earner is on somewhere else next season and he knows it. Plus a signing on fee no doubt. 

So its a case of having to break the wage structure here, plus give him a huge signing on fee, then just sell him anyway during the summer. Again though, it would work out just as well for him to wait and run down his deal, because of the signing on fee involved. He has no loyalty to Rovers at the end of the day. 

I very much doubt any serious contract offers have been put to Armstrong or indeed any of those out of contract in a few weeks time.

I have the impression that very little, if anything, has been done about the impending mass exodus. They'll get away with it in the eyes of the majority because most of those out of contract aren't very good but some of them a very useful/handy.

Of course the club would love it if the supporters just believed that they had made multiple offers but greedy players/agents had rejected them and we were steadfastly sticking to our wage ceiling and not being taken to the cleaners.

More likely is that these extensions fall outside of the annual budget and radio silence from India means nothing gets done or can get done until the go ahead comes through.

This time last year I don't think Armstrong's stock was altogether that high. He had been on a good run but was still very much a streaky goalscorer with purple patches. I'm sure he would have signed a deal then with a deserved pay rise and more integral role in the team. 12 months on I very much doubt he would unless we offered big, big  money.

Whilst Rovers may have dawdled on such things you can guarantee the players' agents won't have and most of these, especially someone like Armstrong, will have spent the last few months getting things in place with other clubs.

Was a fan of Magloire pre-season at Leicester but having since watched Wharton and Carter I think that they're both superior. Scott Wharton recovery going well and will be fit to take part in 21/22 pre-season. Carter is easily as good and we should keep him around. 

11 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Was a fan of Magloire pre-season at Leicester but having since watched Wharton and Carter I think that they're both superior. Scott Wharton recovery going well and will be fit to take part in 21/22 pre-season. Carter is easily as good and we should keep him around. 

Suppose the acid test is the difference between League 1 and the Championship which is a vast one, the standard of the Championship is far from brilliant but League 1 is really poor as we saw on a weekly basis a few years ago. Carter looked well out his depth at Championship level last season, now he has seemingly done everything he possibly could during his loan spell but that doesnt prove that he is ready yet necessarily.

I still think that we need another centre back next season, and would personally suggest that we should loan out Carter again for one more year, perhaps again to Burton, because we already have Wharton who had a couple of impressive performances prior to his injury at Championship level, and it would be very difficult to give them both regular game time. If we didnt have Wharton, maybe there would be scope to have Carter around.

The obvious one to bring in would be Harwood Bellis who has done well on loan, who is behind Dias, Laporte, Stones and Ake so nowhere near City's squad. Then again, we have still conceded plenty of goals with Lenihan and Harwood Bellis together, and I suspect that we are going to be in a scrap next season, so maybe not, im unsure.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Suppose the acid test is the difference between League 1 and the Championship which is a vast one, the standard of the Championship is far from brilliant but League 1 is really poor as we saw on a weekly basis a few years ago. Carter looked well out his depth at Championship level last season, now he has seemingly done everything he possibly could during his loan spell but that doesnt prove that he is ready yet necessarily.

I still think that we need another centre back next season, and would personally suggest that we should loan out Carter again for one more year, perhaps again to Burton, because we already have Wharton who had a couple of impressive performances prior to his injury at Championship level, and it would be very difficult to give them both regular game time. If we didnt have Wharton, maybe there would be scope to have Carter around.

The obvious one to bring in would be Harwood Bellis who has done well on loan, who is behind Dias, Laporte, Stones and Ake so nowhere near City's squad. Then again, we have still conceded plenty of goals with Lenihan and Harwood Bellis together, and I suspect that we are going to be in a scrap next season, so maybe not, im unsure.

Thing about relying on Wharton for a slot is his injury. We don't know that it will continue to go to plan for his return date. We don't know if it will recur, or whether the time out might reduce his conditioning enough that something else gets injured. And then we don't know how much difficulty he will have regaining his pre-injury form, or even whether that pre-injury form was just a blip.

I'm not saying any of this is actually the case, just that there are a lot of unknowns.

• Like 1