BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Anything short of Armstrong signing a new deal, which won't happen (why would he?), is going to be a real sickener to take.

If we sell this summer, we won't get true market value for him (compared to a full contract). Newcastle will then take up to 40% of the profit we do make. Teflon Tony will brag to Pune that his investments pay off, securing his undoubtedly ill-fated tenure for longer.

If we don't sell in the summer, but sell in January, we will get our pants pulled down on the fee. Let's say something like 8 million at that point perhaps. Newcastle then take their chunk of that, and Teflon Tony still gets to say he improves player value even if it isn't by as much. At that price point it may even be another Championship club that bags him.

And of course if we don't sell in January, we lose him for free. Possibly after he has sulked for a season about not getting his move. By next summer I expect Mowbray and Waggot to have failed sufficiently, for long enough, in front of angry enough fans, to have been fired or resigned. Even if he hasn't, his contract will be up and you'd think if we finish say 15th again they'll not bother renewing it. Assuming we haven't gotten relegated - indeed the one silver lining of this scenario is probably that Arma's goals, if he doesn't sulk too hard, might be enough to keep us up.

It's looking like a nearly guaranteed poor outcome however you slice it.

• Like 1

The real sickener won't be losing Armstrong. I think we all appreciate that if a PL club comes in then it is probably fair for all parties to let him progress his career elsewhere away from muddled Mowbray.

The real sickener, won't even be that Mowbray will still be here to oversee his sale and replacement.

The real sickener will be when in our increasing desperation to get him sold this summer that we end up taking knock down bids from garbage like the relegated PL sides looking for immediate goals - someone like Fulham or Sheff Utd.

Then having got a drastically reduced fee for him on what we could have had we will then get Waggott playing the victim about how hard up we are and how we need to screw our remaining fans some more to make up for it.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JoeH said:

If we're buying a Crewe forward, it should be Charlie Kirk. We need a competent LW and he's able. Young, played well down the left with Pickering, £600k release clause. Easy to sort for me.

I'd take both. There's obviously a really good understanding between them and Pickering. 

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

Fast forwards 12 months....

'We lost the quality of Holtby and the goals of Armstrong last summer along with the regular right back and the experience of Johnson.  It's a sad day for the club but you need 50 million just to stay in the championship these days. It's not easy, i haven't seen my family for 2 days !  I work hard and am full of integrity so with the continued backing of these owners ( thanks for my contract ) and the youth we have coming through i'm sure it'll be a good season in league 1. We are where we are it is what it is, did i mention my integrity ? '

thats so accurate i had to double check it wasnt an actual quote

• Like 4

12 hours ago, tomphil said:

Fast forwards 12 months....

'We lost the quality of Holtby and the goals of Armstrong last summer along with the regular right back and the experience of Johnson.  It's a sad day for the club but you need 50 million just to stay in the championship these days. It's not easy, i haven't seen my family for 2 days !  I work hard and am full of integrity so with the continued backing of these owners ( thanks for my contract ) and the youth we have coming through i'm sure it'll be a good season in league 1. We are where we are it is what it is, did i mention my integrity ? '

You got so many likes for this because it sounds EXACTLY like what he will say and everybody expects it. Excuse based manager is muddled Mowbray 

• Like 2

From a personal point of view on the plus side I earn more than some of the Rovers first team squad on the downside I actually earn it.

Assuming that’s all accurate whoever put that giant oaf Gallagher on £15,000 a week needs sacking. Dolan on his £600 must look at him and think this just isn’t right. Evans, Gallagher, bennett, on a combined £37,000 a week. Then the Middlesbrough mafia pears, Ayala, downing £32,000 per week.

Sickening. 

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

https://footballleaguefc.com/blackburn-rovers-2019-20-player-wages/amp/

I wasn't sure where to put this so feel free to move it if there is a more appropriate thread.

I don't know the accuracy of it so please don't shoot the messenger.

No reason why it shouldn't be right...those figures look reasonable.

It highlights how wasteful Mowbray has generally been in the transfer market. Some very underwhelming players on big money. 

Bennett £10k, Johnson £8k, Downing £14k (!), Evans £12k, Holtby £15k, Mulgrew £14K, Douglas 10k. All out of contract this summer. About £83k a week if my maths is correct and we wouldn't miss a single one of them. That says everything about Mowbray's management. 

And then we have Ayala on £15k for 3 seasons. And Pears, the son of Tony's ex-Boro teammate, on a 4 year contract paying him 6x the amount Dolan is on, twice as much as Wharton and the same as Travis. Absolute disgrace. 

Off you fuck, Mowbray. 

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

https://footballleaguefc.com/blackburn-rovers-2019-20-player-wages/amp/

I wasn't sure where to put this so feel free to move it if there is a more appropriate thread.

I don't know the accuracy of it so please don't shoot the messenger.

No wonder Travis always looks fuming, Brereton is on nearly double his wage....

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

No wonder Travis always looks fuming, Brereton is on nearly double his wage....

Odd isn’t it. We are always told we have a strict wage structure so we can’t bring in certain players - even on frees - yet the breadth of wages in there would be infuriating fit players.

Dolan on £600 per week while Dack is on £18,000 per week? Pears on £3,500pw to do nothing!

Sounds like BS but equally nothing would surprise me. Football is broken.

13 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Anything short of Armstrong signing a new deal, which won't happen (why would he?), is going to be a real sickener to take.

We are under a transfer embargo unless we sell him before June to get us off the hook at the 11th hour.

We need to rebuild the squad which doesn't compute under an embargo.

Problem is the other clubs all know and the wolves will be circling with their cut down offers and then 40% to Newcastle.

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Odd isn’t it. We are always told we have a strict wage structure so we can’t bring in certain players - even on frees - yet the breadth of wages in there would be infuriating fit players.

Dolan on £600 per week while Dack is on £18,000 per week? Pears on £3,500pw to do nothing!

Sounds like BS but equally nothing would surprise me. Football is broken.

The Dolan and Dack disparities I can understand. What I despair at, is £3,500 for Pears who brings nothing to the club. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

We are under a transfer embargo unless we sell him before June to get us off the hook at the 11th hour.

We need to rebuild the squad which doesn't compute under an embargo.

Problem is the other clubs all know and the wolves will be circling with their cut down offers and then 40% to Newcastle.

I've been worrying about that too. Is that pretty much official or just an estimate? Not that I can see us not falling short of the figures needed. It would be strange if the league don't at least move the figures on the losses though, given the pandemic.

36 minutes ago, rigger said:

The Dolan and Dack disparities I can understand. What I despair at, is £3,500 for Pears who brings nothing to the club. 

The gulf is ridiculous though. How can two players in the same team be paid 30 (thirty) times as much as another?

I get that it happens but it’s still ridiculous.

I think the reason we failed FFP and got placed under the embargo, along with numerous other clubs, is because the club hasn't yet submitted its accounts. So it is an administrative issue, rather than the EFL assessing our books and adjudging us to be in breach of spending limits (which won't happen due to Covid otherwise everyone would be in breach).

But I think Waggott will use this to justify player sales and limited spending.

Try to convince people that we simply have to sell people and spend little to get ourselves compliant with the rules. Suits the 'never refuse a cheque' owners down to the ground.

Never shy to take advantage of a situation to direct blame elsewhere this lot.

• Backroom

No chance that’s accurate, Dolan may have come in around that but he’s not agreed a new deal on £600 a week when he was scoring goals in the first team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers should be offering new contracts to Lenihan and Travis

And why would they sign them?

Most us fans including me and you want the manager out, and I'm sure certain players are thinking the same.

Would you sign a new contract under a boss you have lost faith in when you could get a deal elsewhere?

• Like 2