BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

54 minutes ago, islander200 said:

And why would they sign them?

Most us fans including me and you want the manager out, and I'm sure certain players are thinking the same.

Would you sign a new contract under a boss you have lost faith in when you could get a deal elsewhere?

more money and more job security. 

We don't know if they have have faith in Mowbray. Without being inside the Stadium we simply don't know. 

Of course I would like a change of manager and the new manager to make giving Lenihan and Travis new contracts a priority so we don't have another Armstrong situation again 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Is Lenihan really worth a new contract? We've been terrible defensively for the last 3 seasons and he's been the main constant in said defence. Apart from protecting an asset that could draw a couple of million at the most, I'm largely uninspired with the idea of him hanging around on another long term contract

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers still being linked with Blackpool forward Jerry Yates. The athletic is reporting our interest in Yates according to Lancs Live

Fresh links emerge crediting Blackburn Rovers with transfer interest in League One forward - LancsLive

We aren't even in a position to offer new contracts to senior or even junior squad members, or get season tickets on sale to bring in much needed income.

The chances of us doing anything to bring in players from other clubs, especially when they would require a transfer fee and the club in question is gearing up for the play-offs, is virtually non-existent. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

more money and more job security. 

We don't know if they have have faith in Mowbray. Without being inside the Stadium we simply don't know. 

Of course I would like a change of manager and the new manager to make giving Lenihan and Travis new contracts a priority so we don't have another Armstrong situation again 

How and why would they have faith in Mowbray after the crash we had? 2 wins in 17 wasn't it? If they do, there is something wrong with them or they have an alterior motive 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers still being linked with Blackpool forward Jerry Yates. The athletic is reporting our interest in Yates according to Lancs Live

Fresh links emerge crediting Blackburn Rovers with transfer interest in League One forward - LancsLive

We probably wont make a signing for weeks into the window, especially a cash one, the usual. The budget hadn't been agreed. Mowbray doesn't know if he's staying. Basket case of a club. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Tom said:

No chance that’s accurate, Dolan may have come in around that but he’s not agreed a new deal on £600 a week when he was scoring goals in the first team.

Depends when the article was published. The other articles on that site relating to club wages were published 5 or 6 months ago. I can't see a date on the Rovers one so I presume it was done at the same time, which would fit in with Williams still being here and Dolan's wage. 

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

We aren't even in a position to offer new contracts to senior or even junior squad members, or get season tickets on sale to bring in much needed income.

The chances of us doing anything to bring in players from other clubs, especially when they would require a transfer fee and the club in question is gearing up for the play-offs, is virtually non-existent. 

Panic signings late summer it is then, apart from any ex Boro or TM's mates who we suddenly seem to get over the line without fuss.

Edited by tomphil

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Panic signings late summer it is then, apart from any ex Boro or TM's mates who we suddenly seem to get over the line without fuss.

Yes, but preceded by the usual talk about how the owners have made money available and how we are targeting/bidding for decent players but are refusing to be ripped off by greedy unreasonable players/agents.

Like Bauer and the ridiculous suggestion he was demanding £40k a week, or demanding a guarantee to play every week.

So this will all earn positive publicity but in the end yeah, it will be whoever City, Liverpool and Everton have who they want regular game time for and whoever Neil Warnock wants rid of at Boro.

Exciting times.

• Like 4

Young lad from Crewe and Bell on one side. Nyambe (who may have gone) and an injury prone JRC (who isn’t even a full back) on the other. 

Lenihan and another crock as the only ‘fit’ senior centre halves in the squad as it stands after Saturday.

Presumably he’s still here to oversee his fifth full season in August... and that’s the defence he’s put together.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Rovers could cement full back positions with contract offer | Lancashire Telegraph

Sharpe speculating Bell will be offered a deal. Seems likely. 

Another example of why we'll never move forwards under this management. Only ever interested in keeping HIS signing Bell yet loaning in whoever they can get to rotate him with.

He hasn't improved in all the time he's been here but he's another who gets jerked about, according to opposition whether he plays well or not. No wonder he looks half arsed most of the time.

Now likely to be rotated with Pickering next season when instead he should be let go. Pickering should be the new back up to a more experienced left back, loan or not. That's how you try to move forwards instead of jobs for the boys you like or are STILL trying to justify signing.

• Like 1

The other theory is that Pickering isn't a Mowbray signing, and he has no desire nor intention to use him next season, so his solution to that problem is to give Bell another year and play him instead.

• Like 2

With the contracts of Evans, Johnson, Trybull & Bennett all expiring, in addition to Holtby being let go, from a purely squad numbers point of view it's inevitable most of these will be offered new deals.

That's a lot of midfielders to replace in one window.

Terrible planning.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 1

• Backroom
15 hours ago, Theaxe15 said:

Is Lenihan really worth a new contract? We've been terrible defensively for the last 3 seasons and he's been the main constant in said defence. Apart from protecting an asset that could draw a couple of million at the most, I'm largely uninspired with the idea of him hanging around on another long term contract

Looking at our defensive recruitments over the years I'm not sure we can afford to be picky. Chances of us getting anyone better in are slim to none imo, which isn't me saying Lenihan is a great defender, but noting our current bulletproof manager barely pays attention to defence (despite once being a defender) and has arguably never brought in a decent permanent defensive signing. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How and why would they have faith in Mowbray after the crash we had? 2 wins in 17 wasn't it? If they do, there is something wrong with them or they have an alterior motive 

Tbf the players should be used to these crashes under TM as it's been a staple of his tenure here ever since we've been promoted back to the Championship. I don't think the players have faith in the manager getting us promoted, but I think they're happy enough to bob along in the Championship on decent enough contracts because hardly any of them are winners with any real ambition. Meanwhile if we do drop most of them know they'll get a gig somewhere else or they'll be able to keep sucking Rovers dry even if they rarely perform well (see Evans, Bennett, Bell, etc). 

• Like 1

Only saving grace with Evans is that he’s turning 31 in the summer, so he’ll be looking for one last sizeable contract (I imagine he’s one of the top earners now), so that may put the club off.

I’m clutching at straws here..

3 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

With the contracts of Evans, Johnson, Trybull & Bennett all expiring, in addition to Holtby being let go, from a purely squad numbers point of view it's inevitable most of these will be offered new deals.

That's a lot of midfielders to replace in one window.

Terrible planning.

I think that's why there hasn't been any real planning because they are just assuming most will sign an extension.

Evans will be here until they carry him out he'll never get a gig like this anywhere. Johnson will probably join Holtby in the exit room or maybe we'll resign him late in the window, if he can't sort anything out and is desperate enough for a pay cut.

Trybull will be replaced with another loanee and Bennett i 100% expect him to be offered something. Probably a seat at Mowbrays desk like Smallwood !

He may though be happy to leave if he's guaranteed to play elsewhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

He may though be happy to leave if he's guaranteed to play elsewhere. 

Nah...he will be on 10k now, probably get 5k for another year.....if he went to L1 he wouldn't get half that.

Jobs for the boys, pensions getting topped up and generally fecking depressing

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Only saving grace with Evans is that he’s turning 31 in the summer, so he’ll be looking for one last sizeable contract (I imagine he’s one of the top earners now), so that may put the club off.

I’m clutching at straws here..

Imagine the pain when the club announce a new 3 year deal for him.

Couldn't stay fit in his 20's, he'll have no chance from now on.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Rovers could cement full back positions with contract offer | Lancashire Telegraph

Sharpe speculating Bell will be offered a deal. Seems likely. 

I think we are desperate. Both Bell and Pickering for the price of Douglas wages. I do think with some of these contract renewals we haven't got a pot to piss in. So it's an area we can save a few quid. Which makes some sense. But we're desperate for Pickering to be good if Bell is the back up. 

On a separate note... It really grinds my gears that Mowbray is saying that he's not going to risk exposing out of contract players to injury as he did last season due to looking out for player welfare. In isolation I can understand that. But the players who he did that with last year were all given 3 month contract extensions. That grated at the time with them not being involved but now we know there was a 'gentlemen's agreement' not to involve them. That and pointless signings such as Downing, an area we were well over stocked in. Ainsley Pears when we had already brought in a capable number 1 and 2. It's no wonder we've got no money and can't afford to renew the contracts of our actual assets.

It reminds me of teams in large businesses who make an effort at the end of the financial year to spend the remainder of their budget on anything since they know it will vanish otherwise. Mowbray dishes out any excess to his boys. As he's an honourable chap.

• Like 1