BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

He's been offered one from what I heard a little while back

Well, if he's hesitating then it should be withdrawn immediately.  Cheeky sod.

I had hopes for him but whenever I see him he looks like he can't be arsed. No fight nothing.  Waste of a wage.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

On a wage befitting a back-up player hopefully. He isn't a 1st teamer. 

On that basis he should be sold and a young lad from the academy should deputise for pickering...or a competent loan.  Bell ain't improving by the looks of it. Wasted wage. 

I know a good 18 year old at the nobbers academy would slot right in behind pickering. 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

I think we are desperate. Both Bell and Pickering for the price of Douglas wages. I do think with some of these contract renewals we haven't got a pot to piss in. So it's an area we can save a few quid. Which makes some sense. But we're desperate for Pickering to be good if Bell is the back up. 

On a separate note... It really grinds my gears that Mowbray is saying that he's not going to risk exposing out of contract players to injury as he did last season due to looking out for player welfare. In isolation I can understand that. But the players who he did that with last year were all given 3 month contract extensions. That grated at the time with them not being involved but now we know there was a 'gentlemen's agreement' not to involve them. That and pointless signings such as Downing, an area we were well over stocked in. Ainsley Pears when we had already brought in a capable number 1 and 2. It's no wonder we've got no money and can't afford to renew the contracts of our actual assets.

It reminds me of teams in large businesses who make an effort at the end of the financial year to spend the remainder of their budget on anything since they know it will vanish otherwise. Mowbray dishes out any excess to his boys. As he's an honourable chap.

Exactly.

He's just running it how he wants to run it by the looks of it with this 'integrity' line being in the case of the players. He really must be known as great uncle Tony because all he seems bothered about is looking after them.

I said 12 months ago he'd make a better player welfare officer than a top 6 chasing manager. The guy is playing his own game at this club whilst wasting someone else's money. It's a really cosy little set up and ambition is nowhere near the driving force.

If Bell is given a new deal then that would be the perfect summary of Mowbray's Rovers, accepting incompetence and a total lack of ruthlessness. 

Many seem to swallow the "he's ok as back up" rhetoric but for me, good back up is not someone blatantly not up to the job when needed.

We've consistently seen it, the likes of Smallwood, Williams, Mulgrew and Evans all "rewarded" with new deals for helping us up from League 1, Gladwin offered a pity contract, Leutwiler given a new deal, Conway offered one, and for Bell this must be his third unnecessary deal if it comes to fruition. 

• Like 5

A manager out of ideas and ambition offers Bell a new deal.

By direct extension that means a club out of ideas and ambition because Blackburn Rovers in 2021 is Tony Mowbray and vice versa. 

Cheap, easy, safe is the mantra here. Far better just sticking with mediocrity that costs little than striving for better.

Apply that to the dugout as well as the pitch and boardroom.

A club with an ounce of ambition would jettison the manager, coaching staff and mediocre players and aim for better. Not here though. Tony is the best we can hope for, he is the oracle on all things football and cannot be questioned with his 5 star CV.

Mind you I'm sure what comes next transfer wise will make Bell and Bennett seem good and justify new deals. Hope they are alright in a relegation scrap because that's where we are headed.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Seems a bit extreme , but with the amount of time they are caught out of position it might work, obviously coaching is not working 🙂 . Wonder if they pre ordered the cement for another(cough cough) project 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Seems a bit extreme , but with the amount of time they are caught out of position it might work, obviously coaching is not working 🙂 . Wonder if they pre ordered the cement for another(cough cough) project 

Cement, slow build, transfer windows, no foundation to speculation he's being sacked.

The clues are there.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

Yes, but preceded by the usual talk about how the owners have made money available and how we are targeting/bidding for decent players but are refusing to be ripped off by greedy unreasonable players/agents.

Like Bauer and the ridiculous suggestion he was demanding £40k a week, or demanding a guarantee to play every week.

So this will all earn positive publicity but in the end yeah, it will be whoever City, Liverpool and Everton have who they want regular game time for and whoever Neil Warnock wants rid of at Boro.

Exciting times.

Does anyone know what Bauer is earning at Preston ?

I can’t imagine it being half of that. He needs calling out on this bs

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Does anyone know what Bauer is earning at Preston ?

I can’t imagine it being half of that. He needs calling out on this bs

They had a wage ceiling of 10k allegedly although uncle Trev might have allowed a bit more in the odd cases.

I heard they gave him a big signing on fee and 4 year deal in order to sign him. Either way it'll not add up to 40k pwk.   More like 15 i'd wager.

• Like 1

It is sums up the lack of absolute ambition and laziness at Ewood if Bell is offered a new which will presumably be on better terms. Even as a back up I think there are younger, better players in the lower leagues who would be an improvement on Bell. I have no issues with Bell, he is probably living his football dream but giving him a new deal just sends out completely the wrong message to supporters, many of whom are already wavering with regard to next season.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Nobend's annual losses are approximately a third of ours, so it would be strange if they were paying players more than we are.

The thing is, if they appoint the right man, make 2.or 3 good signings then they will have a spring in their step, crowds will be up.  Meanwhile,  our fans are crushed to defeat by another year of Mogadon. 

At least Hemmings got shut,.say what you want.

52 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bell has played like twice in six months.

Mowbray is an absolute joker.

Well he has played both of the last two.

But before that it seems to have been against Reading on 2nd March. Which is 13 games ago. So 3 in the last 13.

Does make you wonder if he has only played him in the last two to justify a new deal.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bell has played like twice in six months.

Mowbray is an absolute joker.

Exactly. He's at the age where he should be at his best, but Mowbray starts a loan player well past his best instead of him. Then offers him a new deal. Joke shop of a club. 

• Like 1

So after a 3 day social media boycott the first tweet and so far only one of two that Rovers have posted is to wish Louie Annesley a belated happy birthday.

Kind of sums up where the club is at these days. Twitter admin gets reminder in diary of player past or present who had a birthday recently. No mention of the game on Saturday, nothing about season tickets, nothing about anything important but yay happy birthday.

• Like 2

Bell has been poor since he joined, we've needed to improve on the left back position for years.

BUT for Mowbray, signing him up to a new contact is easy, cheap (assuming it is) fills a squad place for a position we need.

Unfortunately for us, its lazy and unambitious. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Bell has been poor since he joined, we've needed to improve on the left back position for years.

BUT for Mowbray, signing him up to a new contact is easy, cheap (assuming it is) fills a squad place for a position we need.

Perfect opportunity to get rid now with Pickering coming in. Loan in another more established one and have the new lad fighting it out with him.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Exactly and as usual, we are 1 injury away from having to play him. It's classic stupid loser mentality mowbray 

• Like 3

People are happy to accept incompetence I tend to find under the line that "hes fine as a squad player."

Even if hes cheap, its no good if he cant do a job when needed, and over numerous years, we know that Bell isnt close to being up to it.

On top of this, we dont even know if Pickering will come in and be a competent performer himself.

• Like 4